PDA

View Full Version : Hello, I'm new here, and I'd appreciate some help following a burglary

Christine
04-10-2012, 09:24 AM
Sorry to make my first post a plea for help. I've been making silver jewellery for a year, I love it. However I was unfortunate enough to have several of my own unhallmarked pieces stolen yesterday. I have sent photos to the police but is there anyone else I should send the pictures to, or will they already be melted down by now do you think?

I'll say hello properly later. Thanks for anything you can advise :)

Chris

Christine
04-10-2012, 09:43 AM
Had a reply from Rob Taylor on Facebook so am sending him pictures

Dennis
04-10-2012, 02:18 PM
Is there anyone else I should send the pictures to? Chris
Sorry to hear about your burglary.

As they are not hallmarked, they might not be recognised as precious metal. More likely the burglar's family will be wearing them. Do your household insurance want pictures?

When you are re-appraising your security, you might also consider a small safe. They are not that expensive. Dennis

Christine
17-10-2012, 01:11 PM
Thanks Dennis. Silly thing is, we did have a safe here when we moved in but we sold it on ebay!

My security is quite reasonable, even the policewoman said she'd never seen such a secure house. Unfortunately (and with hindsight) I was seen leaving, and they were determined to get in come what may - they threw a brick through my patio window, came in through the shattered glass and went upstairs despite the alarm sounding, made a grab for the things on the dressing table and left. The alarm did its job of keeping the 'visit' short. No more bits on the dressing table from now on.

I must find my way around on here, I did a year of day-classes last year but am going it alone now, learning from books and trial and error. There must be stacks of advice on here, I look forward to getting involved.

Chris