PDA

View Full Version : Gem Testing

solitarysmagick
17-09-2012, 02:32 PM
Hello :)

I have several coloured stones that I've had in my collection for some time, mostly bought from ebay. I'd like to get them tested and identified as I can't remember what some are meant to be! (I do keep them all seperate and labelled normally but some have slipped through). Can anyone recommend where to send them?

Rachael x

Julian
17-09-2012, 02:45 PM
Unfortunately gem-a in the UK no longer does testing and have handed their work to the us GIA who now have a london office.

Certification of gemstones is expensive around 100 each, However if all you want is identification rather than certification, I will be happy to do it for you.

Julian

solitarysmagick
17-09-2012, 03:14 PM
Hi Julian,

Yes it's just the identification I'm after really as none of the stones were particularly expensive. It would be great if you could take a look at them.How much do you charge for identification? I'm not sure exactly how many I have, I'm a bit of a magpie when it comes to sparkly coloured gems :)

Rachael x

Julian
17-09-2012, 03:24 PM
Depends really on what / how many you have. If it just a few I think an hour time + return postage would cover it. email me a photo of what you have.

J

solitarysmagick
17-09-2012, 03:31 PM
Thanks Julian, I will sort through what I have and send you a pic tonight if I get chance, if not tomorrow.

Rachael x