PDA

View Full Version : Products in basket

caroleallen
13-09-2012, 06:57 AM
Why is it that whenever I log on to Cookies website there are always items there from previous orders? Is it some ploy to get me to order extra items? It's really annoying as I have to delete them all before I start and then sometimes the site crashes and I have to start again. Grrrrr!

PS. At the moment I've deleted all the items but my basket still says there is £54 VAT!

mizgeorge
13-09-2012, 07:52 AM
I often have the same problem Carole. I thought it was cookies from Cookies, but that seems not to be the case. I generally have to go into 'my account' and delete the open basket and start again, which I agree can be a bit time consuming.

dgrose
13-09-2012, 08:18 AM
Hi,
When you log on, the system picks up your latest unordered basket.
You can start a fresh basket by clicking on the 'clear basket' link at the top right of the page just under the basket summary.
Also, as George said, you can go into your account and delete your previous unordered baskets.
I'll have a look into why the £54 VAT is still showing in your empty basket Carole.
Regards
Dave

mizgeorge
13-09-2012, 10:39 AM
I wish that was the case Dave. Most of the time, I log in and it shows me a random basket that I've ordered in the past - often months ago!

jille
13-09-2012, 11:13 AM
i almost got caught out with this a couple of days ago.

dgrose
13-09-2012, 12:10 PM
I wish that was the case Dave. Most of the time, I log in and it shows me a random basket that I've ordered in the past - often months ago!

Just checked the system George, you should get no items in the basket when you log in. It should never show a basket you've previously ordered, only un-ordered baskets on your account (however old they are).
If you create a basket when not signed in, then you sign in, that will get carried across to your account.
Also, if you aren't signed in and create a basket, that gets written to a cookie so if you close the browser and come back at a later date, it will pick it up again.
Hope this helps..
Dave

caroleallen
13-09-2012, 01:30 PM
Not sure you're right about that Dave. I only create a basket once I'm logged on and as George says it always shows a basket I created (and ordered) some time in the past. It's always a different one though, just to keep me on my toes!

caroleallen
13-09-2012, 01:32 PM
Actually, I just logged on again to check and it's only showing my current basket now. Maybe you did something to it Dave? Hopefully it's all sorted now.

Julian
13-09-2012, 06:57 PM
Hi,
When you log on, the system picks up your latest unordered basket.
You can start a fresh basket by clicking on the 'clear basket' link at the top right of the page just under the basket summary.
Also, as George said, you can go into your account and delete your previous unordered baskets.
I'll have a look into why the £54 VAT is still showing in your empty basket Carole.
Regards
Dave

I too have noticed some odd behaviors, but being a geek, I work with it and post diagnostics when I find pattern.

What I do wany to say is I notice the cookies are watching the forum and taking interest. This I find a major improvement over the last year, and something I for one very much appreciate.

Thanks

Julian

Kwant
13-09-2012, 07:12 PM
Not when it comes to a little gesture of freepost for us 'foreigners" they don't :0)

Julian
13-09-2012, 07:58 PM
Not when it comes to a little gesture of freepost for us 'foreigners" they don't :0)

I am aware of this sore point, an the fact the completions exclude the eu. But reading between recent linnes, I think cookies marketing are trying to turn over a new leaf.

Well I hope so , so lets see what happens. Actions are all ways louder than words.

J

caroleallen
07-11-2012, 06:15 PM
Really fed up today. I spent about an hour yesterday working out my order. I had to check a past basket for a code and then found that all my original items had disappeared and only the past basket remained. After a few choice words I then set about re-doing the order and when it arrived this morning I found that I had missed out 3 items which I urgently need. Now I'll have to re-order and pay for postage again.

Ann Marie Robinson
08-11-2012, 08:08 AM
Hi Carole,
I will pass your concerns onto one of our customer service agents who will give you a call regarding the missing items from your order.
Sorry to hear you have been experiencing problems with your online shopping baskets. I can advise that if you look at old baskets online, they are then 'saved' as your current basket. I understand this is inconvenient and we will be looking into this.
Another way to get around looking at old baskets for products codes, is to look at your order history instead. You can find this in the 'Your Account' section and you will be able to view all previous orders and obtain product codes without affecting your current basket.

I hope this helps and if you have any further questions please do not hesitate to contact me.

Kind Regards
Ann Marie

caroleallen
08-11-2012, 08:35 AM
Thank you Ann Marie.

caroleallen
13-11-2012, 08:14 AM
Thanks to Cookies for sorting this problem out for me and for the very welcome bottle of wine. Hopefully your techie guys have fixed the problem with past baskets.

Patstone
13-11-2012, 09:16 AM
Well all I can say is that I dont care about previous baskets because you can empty it and start again, its nice to be able to keep stuff in the basket until you have a full load. As far as I am concerned I have used several companies, one of which I ordered a few things from the other day because I liked one of the chains and so far I have been waiting five days for it. They rang up yesterday to say the chain that I wanted was out of stock and they would send the rest and put the chain on back order, which is ok, but I was hoping to use it for a craft show coming up on Saturday. I have to take my dogs out in the morning, habit I suppose, but they get used to "going" at certain times and have to juggle the arrival of the postman, at least with Cookies you know that it will be there the next day, so no dog juggling. I have to say I have never had a problem with Cookies, if I had to find any fault, it would be with their website, when you are looking for wire, it would be nice for it to be in some sort of size order, so it starts with say 0.3mm and finishes at 6.0mm not all jumbled up as it is at present. As for the speedy delivery, keep up the good work Cookies.

mizgeorge
13-11-2012, 10:55 AM
Having thought this was fixed I had a classic experience yesterday. I went to order a basket I'd prepared on Friday and had not ordered then as one item was out of stock (well in stock, but not on the system yet) and found that the basket had disappeared and been replaced by one containing a couple of 18ct wedding rings. I called sales, and was told that these had been added by telephone that morning (not by me). How they ended up sitting in a basket with my account number is still a mystery.

I eventually managed to order the intended basket, well before the 3pm cutoff, paid for postage as freepost will inevitably mean Yodel, which I will not use, and then found out this morning that nothing went out yesterday as a printer broke down. So I'm still another day away from getting the wire that I should have had on Saturday.

Now, the nice girl who I spoke to this morning has offered to refund the postage, but the amount of time wasted dealing with this, and the fact that I can't finish orders remains very frustrating.

caroleallen
13-11-2012, 02:02 PM
Oh dear, the techies still haven't got it sorted then. Never mind George, enjoy the wine!

ps_bond
13-11-2012, 02:08 PM
Interesting. A basket I started last week (while logged in) disappeared for me too.

mizgeorge
13-11-2012, 03:29 PM
Oh dear, the techies still haven't got it sorted then. Never mind George, enjoy the wine!

I wish!!

Do you now, in almost ten years of order errors, postage failures and lost items, and despite recommending them all over the world, I've never, ever had anything from them. Not even the beach ball that most of the rest of the forum got a few years ago.....

caroleallen
13-11-2012, 04:48 PM
I've had 3 bottles so far! I'm sure you must be due one.