PDA

View Full Version : Silver clay - help needed

Babette InProgress
11-09-2012, 07:03 PM
Hello everyone :)

I am hoping you can help me, I am looking for some DVDs, book's or any tutorials about how to do imprints in silver clay.
Unfortunately I am living in a little village and I can't attend on any jewellery trainings as they are based in big towns. I am desperate to learn how to do it, as I wanted to make a lovely present for my mother in law.

If any of you could help I would be rally grateful !

Thank you!

sonia
11-09-2012, 08:08 PM
Hi

Sorry can't help with the silver clay, but I'm sure someone will be along soon..........

Sonia

Dennis
11-09-2012, 09:12 PM
Hi Babette, while you are waiting for a reply, I would suggest you put Fingerprint into the search box on the top right of this page to see lots of discussions by our members on this subject.

There are also threads to be found under Silverclay and PMC. Dennis.

Kwant
12-09-2012, 10:25 AM
Hello Babette, you can also search youtube with a phrase like "finger prints in metal clay" I just did and there were quite a few "how tos" too many to list, vary the search term to get more results.

Babette InProgress
12-09-2012, 08:02 PM
Hi and thank you all for answering my question. I've tried google it and youtube it, unfortunately the only video was : pressing a finger into a clay. That's why I was hoping that somebody would know any book or dvd I could buy :)

wifey1612
13-09-2012, 01:36 AM
I have seen a course online which offers a DVD or online learning. I will have a look and post the link for you

Babette InProgress
13-09-2012, 06:03 AM
I have seen a course online which offers a DVD or online learning. I will have a look and post the link for you
Thank you!

DaisyDaisy
13-09-2012, 10:03 AM
The Craft Ecademy do online courses. http://www.thecraftecademy.co.uk/ecourses/

Cooksons do quite a good starter kit for making fingerprint charms.

wifey1612
13-09-2012, 11:32 PM
Ah yes I think that's the one I saw.. Sorry I didn't get round to posting a reply earlier. The heating broke down today so needless to say I'm staying elsewhere until the sun comes out tomorrow

Babette InProgress
14-09-2012, 10:47 AM
Thank you for the link :) I saw there two different courses one for fingerprints and another for converting children's drawing ( also hands and feet's print including) obviously I can't afford to book both of them and I was wondering if it's the same technique to converting prints of the hands and fingerprints?

mizgeorge
14-09-2012, 11:05 AM
Babette - just a little thing - but it's pretty pointless putting a link in your signature to a page that cannot be seen unless you're a facebook member. I know I am not alone in choosing not to use FB, so you either need to alter your privacy settings, or use another platform.

Babette InProgress
14-09-2012, 11:44 AM
Babette - just a little thing - but it's pretty pointless putting a link in your signature to a page that cannot be seen unless you're a facebook member. I know I am not alone in choosing not to use FB, so you either need to alter your privacy settings, or use another platform.

Is it against rules of that forum? Have to say didn't get the chance to read them all, so don't really know. Unfortunately I do not have any other pages with photos of my jewellery, but if it is against rules I will take it off.

mizgeorge
14-09-2012, 12:58 PM
Course it's not against the rules - it's more about giving you the opportunity to show off to a bigger audience. At the moment your page (unlike most business pages) cannot be seen without logging in.

Babette InProgress
14-09-2012, 03:13 PM
At the moment your page (unlike most business pages) cannot be seen without logging in.

oh :) I was scared for a sec that I've broke some rules :) Well I am not confident enough to call my hobby a businnes yet... Because I've started just last december and I think I have a long way before I will start creating some great stuff ( like you for example :) ) I am selling some of my jewellery but it is from time to time. That's why I don't have a proper web and I am only on fb :)

DaisyDaisy
17-09-2012, 12:25 PM
Thank you for the link :) I saw there two different courses one for fingerprints and another for converting children's drawing ( also hands and feet's print including) obviously I can't afford to book both of them and I was wondering if it's the same technique to converting prints of the hands and fingerprints?
I don't do finger print or doodle imprint jewellery but I'm pretty sure there are 2 very different methods for transferring prints and doodles. Finger prints are usually done via moulding compound and doodles etc via photo polymer plates, as far as I'm aware.

Babette InProgress
04-10-2012, 12:34 PM
I don't do finger print or doodle imprint jewellery but I'm pretty sure there are 2 very different methods for transferring prints and doodles. Finger prints are usually done via moulding compound and doodles etc via photo polymer plates, as far as I'm aware.
Thank you so much for your help :)