PDA

View Full Version : The Mini Light Box Revisited.

Dennis
10-09-2012, 06:03 AM
Way back I posted a thread about a mini light box for tricky bezels. At the heart of it was a battery LED light, but they come with a domed top which would be slippery to work on so they need to be housed in a box with a fat surface. For this I chose a cut down clear plastic pencil pot with a hole for the switch and I have used it countless times to make up bezels for ever more challenging stones, checking each bend before proceeding to the next.

The original construction was probably too elaborate and time consuming, so here is a simplified version which might be more appealing.
The components, bough in Robert Dyas, but widely available, are the battery light £1.99, the plastic box £1.44 and a double layer of white tape to cut the glare, which I already had. Masking tape would do. The LEDs take very little current so the batteries which were included, have a very long life.

Dennis.

Kwant
11-09-2012, 02:23 PM
When I get back from my holidays I will be making one of these. I found the battery light on Amazon, just need to source the container thing. Thanks Dennis.

Di Sandland
11-09-2012, 03:29 PM
I've got all the bits too - including the exact same light. Job for the weekend I think

Kwant
11-09-2012, 04:57 PM
Dennis you should talk to Cookson about your little light box and get them to have them made commercially, might mean a few pennies in your pocket.