PDA

View Full Version : Plating machine recommendations?

allyclaret
09-09-2012, 09:54 AM
Morning folks.

I'm contemplating investing in a small plating unit to gold plate small components on silver jewellery. I don't intend to be plating anything substantial and someone mentioned that pen platers may be suitable for me. Does anyone have any experience of these?

I wondered if anyone can recommend one or if there are any to avoid?

Cheers, Ally :)

mizgeorge
09-09-2012, 01:30 PM
You might find this interesting: http://www.larsandingrid.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?1027-Pen-Plating-Kit-review

I have the same unit, and have had much the same experience.

allyclaret
09-09-2012, 02:38 PM
Thanks mizgeorge. That sounds just the job, and at a decent price too!

silken
26-09-2012, 04:50 PM
allyclaret, did you get one in the end? I'm looking into buying a small electroplating system but don't want to spend over the odds and was wondering whether you might have a recommendation. I was looking at the pen plating systems as they look as if they would be perfect for me as I only intend to plate small pieces of silver as an accent on earrings/ring, etc.

allyclaret
05-10-2012, 07:44 AM
Hi Silken. Yes I have one and it's extremely easy to use. I didn't buy the power pack (rectifier) as we already had something that we could use. It's just a case of plug, clip and dip! Make sure that you also purchase the gold solution for the pen as this is not included in the pack :)