PDA

View Full Version : Moving on from pickle..

Lindyloo
20-08-2009, 09:13 PM
On the topic of disposing of pickle etc., is there a problem with disposing of the contents of a barrel polisher as well?

Charlotte
20-08-2009, 09:57 PM
I always tip mine down the loo (using a sieve to catch all the ball bearings;)) I think its just slightly rusty soapy water and shouldn't be a problem. Then I give everything a little rinse under the tap and I'm away again.

It turns brown so quickly doesn't it?!!

Lindyloo
20-08-2009, 10:05 PM
Thanks Charlotte. I haven't actually used mine yet - it just arrived this week. Need to get some barreling whatsit first. Can't remember who it was, but they recommended against fairy liquid, which I was planning to use.

Think I prefer to tip the muck down my old laundry sink though. My new toilet is too nice!

mizgeorge
21-08-2009, 05:20 AM
Mine just goes down the sink too. I don't think it's any worse than soapy water

Charlotte
21-08-2009, 06:58 AM
Oooooooooh a laundry sink! I want one!:agree:

Solunar Silver Studio
21-08-2009, 07:02 AM
From experience - I think it is best to tip it into a container (via a sieve), away from sink or toilet...'cos those little blighters don't half bounce!!...and they can cadge a ride in the thick foam in the tumbler...or even float with a bubble in clear water - so don't EVER forego the sieve!! A collection of steel balls in your u bend is not to be encouraged (I think it is grounds for divorce!!;))...nor are a few partying in the toilet bowl every time you visit!!:o When I am sure the water in the container is free from stray shot - then I pour it down the sink!

bustagasket
21-08-2009, 07:04 AM
lmao we have enough problems with our drains without me throwing steel shot down it lol, i am soooooooooooooo looking forward to getting a tumbler :D

julie
21-08-2009, 07:22 AM
lmao we have enough problems with our drains without me throwing steel shot down it lol, i am soooooooooooooo looking forward to getting a tumbler :D

no not steel shot down the drain they expensive to replace you wouldn't want to do that ..

Charlotte
21-08-2009, 08:07 AM
Lol, I lost only one ball down the loo so far, and it just sat there for weeks... when it finally disappeared it left a little rust mark #-o

Solunar Silver Studio
21-08-2009, 08:21 AM
...I won't ask what finally encouraged it over the other side!!....:">:-D

Charlotte
21-08-2009, 08:58 AM
...lol, I couldn't possibly comment;):-"

mizgeorge
21-08-2009, 10:23 AM
I work straight over the sink, but make sure to do it on the side that DOESN'T have the waste disposal unit. One piece of shot can (apparently) completely knacker the blades, and that would be v expensive (not to mention the bad language.....)

Lindyloo
21-08-2009, 08:38 PM
I promise to put the plug in. :Y: