PDA

View Full Version : Hi! I'm New..... & need help already (sorry!)

Lucie
09-08-2012, 01:56 PM
Hi All you lovely people!
After quite a long time lurking around in the background, reading everyone's posts, I thought it was about time I worked up the courage to say Hi!

I make charms & pendants in sterling silver & gold and after a year off, i'm almost ready to return to work (yay).
My website is almost built; i've almost finished my marketing materials & i think I might just be getting a little excited (in a sick-to-my-stomach kinda way :) So here's the spanner in the works - i've just phoned up my lovely casters only to find out that they've closed that side of their business - eeek!!

I know this is really cheeky so early on, but could anyone recommend a good, reliable caster whose not going to penalise me for only putting in small bespoke orders? I had a very nasty experience with one in Hatton Garden a few years ago who couldn't be bothered to process my orders so kept using recycled silver for my castings. The silver had been over-heated and it was only when I polished it back that I found it was horribly stained & there was no disguising it!!

Silly thing was, when I confronted them about it, they told me I was overpolishing. I really believed it was my fault until my stone-setter took one look at the pieces & told me what was actually going on. I swapped to a caster in Birmingham & never looked back ...... until now :(

I'm really hoping that someone might be able to point me in the right direction. Thank you in advance for any advice :)

Lucie.

Dennis
09-08-2012, 09:04 PM
I have used West One Castings in Hatton Garden and found their work excellent. Hope it's not the same one you mentioned: tel 020 7831 0542.

Welcome to the forum, Dennis.

medusa
10-08-2012, 10:06 AM
Wardle in Brum will do small one off pieces as well

Lucie
10-08-2012, 01:38 PM
Wardle in Brum will do small one off pieces as well
Hi! Thanks Dennis & Medusa for the heads up - Lovely to log on & find replies :)

I'll check out both of your suggestions. It's always good to have recommendations! I'll post the website for some feedback (hopefully non too scathing), over the next week or so.
Thanks again. It's very much appreciated.