PDA

View Full Version : Men's Cuff Bracelet Measurements

michelle dolby
28-07-2012, 07:51 PM
Hi

I would like to no what the normal size is for a mans bracelet, i have made my husband myself but have now been asked for someone eles if this is in 1mm silver sheet, i cant measure there wrist as it is a surprise there must be a guild we all go by on most of the sites i visit it differs so i want to get it right , is it 19cm = the gap to put the cuff on i am new to this iv only really made pendants :)

caroleallen
28-07-2012, 08:26 PM
I'd suggest you get the person to measure her husband's wrist.

Dennis
28-07-2012, 10:55 PM
It's common knowledge that all men are the same, except unfortunately, their wrist size. You could however assume he has wrists which are near enough equal.

I would suggest that when he takes off his watch, someone measures the strap:

If leather, then from near the tip of the spike to the most used hole, will give the length (circumference). Diameter is that divided by 3.14.
If metal then do it up, make sure it's round in shape and measure the diameter. Circumference is that multiplied by 3.14.

Watch straps fit fairly tightly, so in either case add a few mm for comfort. Then go ahead and hope you're right.
The safer answer is to forgo the surprise and measure it yourself. Twice. Dennis.

michelle dolby
29-07-2012, 03:54 PM
Thanks Dennis

she has given me he's elastic bangle which she said fits perfect it measures 22cm, so as it is a cuff bracelet she wants me to make do i have to take a few cementers out for sliding on his wrist, she doesn't want to spoil the surprise,

caroleallen
29-07-2012, 05:45 PM
I don't think it's a good idea to take cementers out as they may drink too much and not finish the job.

Oh sorry, did you mean centimetres? I would make it the same size as the elastic bangle and just leave a gap at the back.

michelle dolby
29-07-2012, 07:03 PM
:) ha ha sorry that's what u get for no spell check how much of a gap do u think i should leave i am a bit of a beginner by the way your jewellery is amazing very pretty :)

michelle dolby
29-07-2012, 07:18 PM
Hi Caroleallen

Do u think it is better to use a round bracelet mandrel or a oval . xxxx

Kwant
29-07-2012, 07:40 PM
I like this "i have made my husband myself"

wish I had made mine I would have made him slimmer, brighter and less moody :0)

michelle dolby
29-07-2012, 08:01 PM
:) sorry kwant

would be funny if i did make him myself :)
xx

caroleallen
29-07-2012, 08:59 PM
Hi Caroleallen

Do u think it is better to use a round bracelet mandrel or a oval . xxxx

I usually use an oval for an open cuff type bangle Michelle.

michelle dolby
30-07-2012, 07:43 AM
thank u caroleallen

i will get a oval one, what sort of size gap do u think i should leave, and is this a normal size gap for each one,

ps_bond
30-07-2012, 08:14 AM
FWIW, I can only just get a 1.5" gap on my wrist; 1.75" would be more comfortable for me. Overall circumference is about 8".
Not suggesting that's an average, just provided as an example.

michelle dolby
30-07-2012, 10:38 AM
thank u peter will get right i will get right on it me thinks :) xx