PDA

View Full Version : Has Cookson Gold stopped sending out orders or are they just ignoring me?

lilia
09-07-2012, 06:51 PM
That's it, basically, I ordered on Friday last week at 1 pm and they still haven't sent my order. I even rang them today at about noon, the customer assistant wasn't much help and said that the order will go out today, but it hasn't. I can understand things like that happen during Freepost, but they are not running this promotion at the moment.

What a terrible customer service! :N:

caroleallen
09-07-2012, 07:06 PM
I'd be furious if that happened. Usually when I order, I'm desperate for the stuff.

lilia
09-07-2012, 07:15 PM
I'd be furious if that happened. Usually when I order, I'm desperate for the stuff.

I agree, Carole. This is so terrible. I have a set of burrs in the order, which I need urgently. I told that to the person I spoke today. And STILL they haven't bothered sending my order - must be too busy playing with their new beads.

Kwant
09-07-2012, 07:27 PM
Playing with the beads lol

lopez
09-07-2012, 08:43 PM
...just to annoy you even more I ordered from China last Thursday morning, dispatched that evening and I received it in Cornwall this morning,as much as I want to buy local the customer is always second, shame.

lilia
09-07-2012, 09:05 PM
...just to annoy you even more I ordered from China last Thursday morning, dispatched that evening and I received it in Cornwall this morning,as much as I want to buy local the customer is always second, shame.

I know, this is ridiculous. I ordered from Rio Grande In the US at 8pm on Friday and the parcel arrived today in the morning. Just goes to show what a good customer service should be like.

mizgeorge
09-07-2012, 09:20 PM
That's it, basically, I ordered on Friday last week at 1 pm and they still haven't sent my order. I even rang them today at about noon, the customer assistant wasn't much help and said that the order will go out today, but it hasn't. I can understand things like that happen during Freepost, but they are not running this promotion at the moment.

What a terrible customer service! :N:

That's dreadful. I thought same day dispatch was guaranteed for orders placed before 3pm? I know it goes wrong when freepost's running - which itself has become a joke - no choice of carrier any more, and several days to process. I never, ever use it any more and that really annoys me too!

I know, this is ridiculous. I ordered from Rio Grande In the US at 8pm on Friday and the parcel arrived today in the morning. Just goes to show what a good customer service should be like.

Trouble is, you pay for it - the shipping costs are just getting silly, and whilst I don't mind paying VAT etc, I really object to the scale of handling charges added on top.

ps. has one of you got my emeralds, which were sent priority mail from the US over 3 weeks ago. I hope so, otherwise it means Royal Fail are sitting on them at Mount Unpleasant again.

lopez
09-07-2012, 09:20 PM
good old Rio Grande if only we had one here...

Melanie De Castro Pugh
09-07-2012, 10:49 PM
I have had monstrous problems just getting a little bit of silver, some chain and three pairs of Shamballa earrings. Ordered them Sunday 24th June, had a phone call on the Tuesday to ask if I'd got them, it turned out they'd sent it to another customer. Wanted me to pay again if I wanted it sent straight away and apply for a refund when the original parcel had been returned. I explained I didn't have the money to do that, as I'm just staring up my business, and was promised it would go out by Special Delivery. Next day, nothing. Or the day after. I rang on Monday, and was promised the same thing. And the next day. And the next. It finally arrived on Friday morning, just standard first class.

While I'm not exactly a high rolling customer and obviously not important enough, I rely on the next day promise of delivery as I can't afford to keep much in stock, so I order silver as I need it. The lady on the end of the phone was lovely, but made promises the dispatch people couldn't keep. I'd ordered my stuff a week before I needed it at a show I was doing, and it arrived a week late.

Really, really disappointed with Cookson just now :-(

Melanie

http://www.spinysharklythings.com

lilia
10-07-2012, 06:08 AM
Trouble is, you pay for it - the shipping costs are just getting silly, and whilst I don't mind paying VAT etc, I really object to the scale of handling charges added on top.

ps. has one of you got my emeralds, which were sent priority mail from the US over 3 weeks ago. I hope so, otherwise it means Royal Fail are sitting on them at Mount Unpleasant again.

I know, George, but the fact is although postage is expensive from America to the UK, it is still only postage - there is nothing extra paid on top to send the parcel the same day. I paid postage to Cookson to send the order to me and they didn't. As I remember Rio ships for free within the US (or used to)? And their customer service is second to none. I always order my Rio orders in the evening around 7-8pm and they ALWAYS ship the same day. Only once they didn't and they TOLD me by email that it will go out the next day. Whereas Cookson just makes false promises to shut their customer up.

lilia
10-07-2012, 06:09 AM
I have had monstrous problems just getting a little bit of silver, some chain and three pairs of Shamballa earrings. Ordered them Sunday 24th June, had a phone call on the Tuesday to ask if I'd got them, it turned out they'd sent it to another customer. Wanted me to pay again if I wanted it sent straight away and apply for a refund when the original parcel had been returned. I explained I didn't have the money to do that, as I'm just staring up my business, and was promised it would go out by Special Delivery. Next day, nothing. Or the day after. I rang on Monday, and was promised the same thing. And the next day. And the next. It finally arrived on Friday morning, just standard first class.

While I'm not exactly a high rolling customer and obviously not important enough, I rely on the next day promise of delivery as I can't afford to keep much in stock, so I order silver as I need it. The lady on the end of the phone was lovely, but made promises the dispatch people couldn't keep. I'd ordered my stuff a week before I needed it at a show I was doing, and it arrived a week late.

Really, really disappointed with Cookson just now :-(

Melanie

That is horrible and so disrespectful. I remember once they actually lied to me, saying that they checked the system and the parcel was out for delivery, but in fact they hadn't actually sent it - that was the busiest time for me, around Christmas and I was relying on that order as it had bits for a very expensive (for me) and urgent order.

caroleallen
10-07-2012, 07:41 AM
The last order I had from Rio took nearly a month to arrive.

LittleGem
10-07-2012, 08:02 AM
We're obviously very concerned to see your comments and feedback from last night as we do take good customer service seriously, please give us a short time to look into each individual case and we'll get back to you shortly.

lilia
10-07-2012, 09:24 AM
We're obviously very concerned to see your comments and feedback from last night as we do take good customer service seriously, please give us a short time to look into each individual case and we'll get back to you shortly.

I have emailed Rob Taylor today and I am yet to hear from him. I hope this issue resolves as soon as possible and the parcel goes out today.

Melanie De Castro Pugh
10-07-2012, 09:43 AM
I was so upset because I was supposed to be demonstrating the making of an engraved silver pendant at an exhibition, which obviously I couldn't do :-( Hate to think how many sales I lost...

Melanie

Rob Taylor
10-07-2012, 11:06 AM
Hi Lilia and Melanie
As discussed with you both, please accept our apologies for the issues you have experienced. Fixes are now in place to stop a re-occurrence of your two separate problems, please do not hesitate to let us know if we fail to meet your expectations in future
regards
Rob

Melanie De Castro Pugh
10-07-2012, 10:44 PM
Thanks Rob, I feel like a valued customer again now :-)

Melanie

lilia
11-07-2012, 12:52 PM
Thank you for your help, Rob. The parcel arrrived safely today.

Julian
11-07-2012, 04:32 PM
Nice to see they read the forum

J