PDA

View Full Version : Web site navigation

Julian
20-06-2012, 06:18 AM
I am very sorry to say it but please roll back the navigation change in the web shop. I tried to select tools -> setting tools, and could not do it. It may be possible but I could not figure it out in my iPad. Gave up after two min.

I believe this will severely impede customers who do not have a catalog from seeing you full range

Please pass this on to marketing, of which ever department owns the site

Regards

Julian

Julian
20-06-2012, 07:13 AM
This seems to be the same on my desk top.

One way of solving the issue and keeping the current navigation would be to have a link on the shop by category boxes that provided a new page with a full list of sub categories

Patstone
20-06-2012, 09:00 PM
Here here, I have had trouble too, I emailed Cooksons to tell them that it was too time consuming to find things, and like you gave up after a few minutes. I was searching for made up chains, and somehow ended up with vices etc.

This seems to be the same on my desk top.

One way of solving the issue and keeping the current navigation would be to have a link on the shop by category boxes that provided a new page with a full list of sub categories

Kwant
20-06-2012, 09:54 PM
Hmmm I kind of noticed it had gone all screwy but I just thought I was ordering too early not having had my second cup of coffee.

Oh and Pat those drills are Tivoly brand.

As far as vices go, spending too much time on the internet shopping is my one and only :0)

Patstone
21-06-2012, 04:47 AM
Thanks Cornelius I will have a look for them, and as for vices er um, a bit like me at cooksons, I go for one item and then end up buying lots because the postage cost has to be made worthwhile doesnt it. I buy most of my stones from Kernowcraft and thats another site I have to be careful with, the money soon adds up, and I have so many cabs now that I would probably be able to keep busy setting them all for about 2 years, but they are nice to take out and admire. If they end up in jewellery you may end up selling them, and you wouldnt be able to see them again.

Patstone
21-06-2012, 05:46 AM
Hi, I had a look on the web and the only place that sell them are in Ireland and under the Perfor brand name, and they dont advertise the small under 1mm size. Plus I am not sure which ones to order, how do I know if they are for cutting wood or silver. You mentioned that they were a brassy colour and I couldnt find any of that colour on their website.

Hmmm I kind of noticed it had gone all screwy but I just thought I was ordering too early not having had my second cup of coffee.

Oh and Pat those drills are Tivoly brand.

As far as vices go, spending too much time on the internet shopping is my one and only :0)