PDA

View Full Version : Hello from a blustery Edinburgh

The Old Bat
19-08-2009, 01:19 PM
Hi just joined the forum as am in the middle of a tedious tast at work (oops!) and in the need of a few minutes light relief. I've been making jewellery for about 2 and a bit years. Began with beads and now use lots of semi-precious stones and silver and have moved on to chain maille and more recently silver art clay. Am hooked, well and truly - have even got the OH interested and have recently shown him some basic stuff!!

I do have to work to pay the bills, but keep hoping my lottery numbers come up. Keep telling myself that its my turn every week ............

Looking forward to learning lots of new tips

Bye for now ... no doubt will be back soon
Bev

mizgeorge
19-08-2009, 01:26 PM
Hello Bev, and welcome from a lot further south - but still pretty blustery (and I don't just mean the waffle on here!)

AlexandraBuckle
19-08-2009, 03:10 PM
Welcome to the forum Bev :~:

julie
19-08-2009, 03:28 PM
hi & welcome to the forum :~:

EmmaRose
19-08-2009, 04:43 PM
Hello Bev, welcome :~:
love the moniker :)
Em

bustagasket
19-08-2009, 06:43 PM
hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii welcome welcome and welcome :D

lorraineflee
19-08-2009, 06:46 PM
Hi and welcome from Bedfordshire :~:
Lorraine

Ominicci
19-08-2009, 07:42 PM
Hi Bev! Ooh Edinburgh, love it!!

MuranoSilver
19-08-2009, 07:54 PM
:~: Welcome to the forum
Hope you have lots of fun here and enjoy the crowd of fab folks!
Nic x

Lindyloo
19-08-2009, 08:20 PM
Hello and :welcome: Bev. Are you really an old bat?

purple4711
19-08-2009, 10:04 PM
Hello from equally blustery, and rainy Kilsyth!!
I am originally from Edinburgh, and most of my family are still thru there, so visit quite often.
I have been keen for other Scottish members to join....dont suppose you are planning to go to the Bead Fair in Perth on 30th August???
Lesley x :~:

Solunar Silver Studio
20-08-2009, 06:20 AM
Hi Bev, :welcome: It is the usual tale of addiction...first the beads...then the wire....then the clay....then the forum!! No turning back now...so just enjoy it!!:-D

The Old Bat
20-08-2009, 09:23 AM
Hi everyone

Thank you so much for your warm welcomes. Looking forward to spending happy hours here but can't be for too long at a time, as I'm working!! Need to buy another computer for home - mine has packed in.

Lindyloo - I'm not really an old bat. Am only 43, soon to be 44, so not very old then! Old Bat is a term of endearment that I call my Mum - have been calling her this for years now. Its become quite infamous, as lots of her friends are aghast that she allows herself to be called an Old Bat - but she does enjoy it. She would think something was wrong if I stopped using this affectionate term.

Lesley - good to hear others from Scotland. Am not planning to go to the Perth Bead Fair this August - haven't decided whether to go to the Edinburgh one yet, as definitely will be going to the Harrogate Fair - this is where the Old Bat lives and its a good opportunity to go home. PM me if you are coming into Edinburgh and want to meet up!

Better go do something else ........

Bev

Di Sandland
20-08-2009, 09:52 AM
Lindyloo - I'm not really an old bat. Am only 43, soon to be 44, so not very old then! Old Bat is a term of endearment that I call my Mum - have been calling her this for years now. Its become quite infamous, as lots of her friends are aghast that she allows herself to be called an Old Bat - but she does enjoy it. She would think something was wrong if I stopped using this affectionate term.

Bev

My kids call me the Old Crone and I did think of using the moniker Juicy Crone. I decided against it. ;)

:welcome:

Solunar Silver Studio
20-08-2009, 11:06 AM
My kids call me the Old Crone and I did think of using the moniker Juicy Crone. I decided against it. ;)

:welcome:

I was just looking at crone-crafts website yesterday to find out the meaning of some stones...I thought at the time how unflattering a name it was!... Thank heaven you went for the moon instead...:rofl::Y:

The Dragon
20-08-2009, 12:04 PM
A warm belated welcome from mid country. Looking forward to seeing some of your work wen you get your new computer!

I wouldn't be without my nickname, sums me up sometimes but also means my staff aren't afraid of me if they use it.

The Old Bat
20-08-2009, 01:29 PM
I was just looking at crone-crafts website yesterday to find out the meaning of some stones...I thought at the time how unflattering a name it was!... Thank heaven you went for the moon instead...:rofl::Y:

I agree with Barbara - I think that Moon Cottage sounds much nicer. Your kids are very cheeky Di, calling you Old Crone - not flattering at all!! The things we make our Mum's put up with.

Annie - I'll hopefully be able to post some pictures soon, but I do need to hone my photography skills - will search and I'm sure I'll be able to find some great tips for photographing pieces.
Bev

Lindyloo
20-08-2009, 09:01 PM
I don't hold out much hope for you keeping on with the work and avoiding the forum. It's soooo addictive. :Y: