PDA

View Full Version : New website.......almost ready to go!!

Tabby66
03-06-2012, 10:22 AM
I've been working on my website for a while now, it's almost there #-o........I wondered if folk would take a look and let me know what you think :cheers:

Do you think I should include prices with each item, or a price range with each collection?? I will be adding a shop, but at the moment this is to refer people/galleries to and to use contact me for purchases.

Remember it's not finished yet!

Thank you for your thoughts!!

http://phoenix-tree.co.uk/

caroleallen
03-06-2012, 12:46 PM
Looking good there. I think if you don't plan to sell from your site at the moment, a price range would do.

rjmcl
04-06-2012, 09:59 AM
Thoughts from a non-expert lurker on this site. Your 'about me' page does not give your name, what inspires and motivates you, or much at all that would interest and engage people not interested in the technicalities of the craft. However, I liked the workshop pictures!
Similarly the galleries could benefit from a little more text to sell others on the wonders of peacocks or dragonflies etc. Some landscape photos should be cropped to remove large areas of gray - but thats getting picky
Still, good, clean looking website. Matches style of your pieces ( if thats possible) and works OK. Just needs more of you - to be interesting and personal.

Tabby66
04-06-2012, 08:59 PM
Thank you rjmcl, that's really really helpful!! The text on the galleries is something I'm working on and was intending to do pretty similar to what you suggest, just keep plugging away to keep adding to bits!! I think your point that this could engage people not interested in the craft is really good and has made this higher on my to-do list!!

However, I wasn't sure about the 'me' bit and had limited this for that reason....the workshop piccies would interest me, regardless of whether I was in the craft or not so included them...I think you're right, I should add more to this bit!! (My name's Jill btw :) ) ....and perhaps more of me to the site??

I'm glad that you've said that the site is 'clean looking and matches the style of my pieces', that's what I was trying to achieve!!
So, abit more of me then!! Shall have to be brave!!
Thanks again :)

louisella76
06-06-2012, 08:15 AM
Hi Jill

I agree that it does have a nice clean look to it (I hate clutttered sites and am very unlikely to spend any time on them!). I also agree that it would be nice to include a few more personal details - you've made some beautiful pieces so don't be afraid to self promote :)
Good luck with the site!

Sarah

snow_imp
06-06-2012, 12:47 PM
I've just looked around your site - and enjoyed the trip! Especially the elephants under the commissions section - beautiful.