PDA

View Full Version : A Work In Progress

Gemineer
27-05-2012, 09:02 AM
My site, A Gem Of A Blog (http://gemineer.elementfx.com/wp/), is a WIP in many ways. Why do I say that? Well, three reasons! First, the logo/banner needs improving, to make it look more professional. Second, I'm in the process of setting it up so that I can sell my makes through it. Third, I think all web sites should always be WIPs! That third one might raise an eyebrow or two but it's true. If a web site ever stops being a WIP, it will quickly become stale and uninteresting - downright unattractive, in fact, to regular visitors. If you own a web site, please don't let it become static! Revamp it at intervals, and tweak the fine detail even more often. Only one thing should be avoided, if possible: changing it the way supermarkets revamp their stores - so that you can never find things!

Dennis
27-05-2012, 05:01 PM
I really like your hanging baskets and yes, once I have an idea I have to make it come what may. One of my old teachers used to say 'when you look at someone's work, you are looking at their soul'. Dennis.

Gemineer
28-05-2012, 12:26 PM
I really like your hanging baskets and yes, once I have an idea I have to make it come what may. One of my old teachers used to say 'when you look at someone's work, you are looking at their soul'. Dennis.

Thanks Dennis :) I suspect your teacher is right - though quite what "hanging baskets" are saying about my soul, I'm not sure ;) I did want to be a landscape gardener at one time :)

Dennis
28-05-2012, 04:50 PM
Thanks Dennis :) what "hanging baskets" are saying about my soul, I'm not sure ;)

I'm aFreud I'm not sure either