PDA

View Full Version : So little time today :(

bustagasket
19-08-2009, 10:35 AM
Well i just got home from taking the dragon shopping so i have maybe two hours before i to go out and visit the train station about my travel card for getting to the show and getting my eyes tested and undoubtedly new glasses so that i can see to work a little better.

So i have very little time to actually do anything (i can already hear hubby moaning) and so i think i am gonna do the links on the bracelet that i was working on at college, just so that the only left to do on it is mounting the little tube thing that the stone will be set in, which obviously i cant do cos i haven't been taught how to yet :( then polish and then mount the stone, however thats done. But at least it would be all joined together.

This is when i notice not having a workroom, cos i cant just walk in there and sit down and carry on where i left off, i have to go and get my box and get everything out and start all over again and then put it all back in the box again when i finish. :(

I just wondered, when you have very little time, what do you try to accomplish, just a little work on a project or making jump rings and supplies etc or what?

The Bijou Dragon
19-08-2009, 12:16 PM
I'm the same as you Su.

At the moment I have a bah-zillion tiny jobs to get done before we move and they just suck up the entire day and I get to about 11pm and I have done nothing but run around chasing my tail all day!

I too have to get all my stuff out as well as I do most of it on a small strip in front of the PC so I don't get much done of late as I'm just too busy!

I occasionally have to just have a day where I do nothing else but craft but then I don't really have the money to buy any craft stuff anyway so I only get to do it once in a blue moon at the moment, usually when someone wants something specific :(

ps_bond
19-08-2009, 12:24 PM
I just wondered, when you have very little time, what do you try to accomplish, just a little work on a project or making jump rings and supplies etc or what?

I have a log book on my bench. In it go all the little ideas for tools, modifications or jobs that need to be done (yes, including cutting jump rings). Mostly I refer back to those pages when I'm short on time, or just can't summon up the enthusiasm for being more creative.

Usually completing one of those tasks results in even more stuff being added into the log book...

bustagasket
19-08-2009, 12:28 PM
lol yes i did have a day of making earwires and jump rings but they were all soldered for beading. So need to do some more unsoldered and in varying sizes me thinks :D

Matp85
21-08-2009, 07:15 PM
sadly for me i no choice what to do, i just gotta go to work all guns blazing and get what needs done.