PDA

View Full Version : Where are you from?

agent_44
07-07-2009, 09:07 AM
I thought it would be interesting to see where everyone is located - some of us could be just around the corner from each other!

I'm from and currently living on Bristol, but am moving to Bath quite soon. I hate moving! :p

AlexandraBuckle
07-07-2009, 09:11 AM
I live in a small village just outside of Buckingham. Anyone near me...?

Somersetmaker
07-07-2009, 10:29 AM
Guess! ;)

. . . and its a lovely rural bit too :wub:

(ps v limited smilies here <_< )

agent_44
07-07-2009, 11:20 AM
Guess! ;)

. . . and its a lovely rural bit too :wub:

(ps v limited smilies here <_< )

Hmm... well I guess I could narrow it down to about a 60 mile or so radius... lol!

The Bijou Dragon
07-07-2009, 12:39 PM
I live in Plumstead in SE London, I moved down here 3 years ago this August 15th to live with my fiancé.

I did live in Macclesfield in Cheshire when we met and we are currently trying to move to Cornwall around the St Ives area!

Nope, you're going to have to give us a clue Somersetmaker... I'm just not getting it :D;)

Milomade
07-07-2009, 12:56 PM
Kinghorn in Fife, Scotland - it's a small village on the East coast. I live on a cliff overlooking the Firth of Forth.

agent_44
07-07-2009, 01:16 PM
I live in Plumstead in SE London, I moved down here 3 years ago this August 15th to live with my fiancé.

I did live in Macclesfield in Cheshire when we met and we are currently trying to move to Cornwall around the St Ives area!

Nope, you're going to have to give us a clue Somersetmaker... I'm just not getting it :D;)

Ooh St Ives, how lovely. I am going on holiday there in August!

Sheltie
07-07-2009, 07:32 PM
Me, I am from Shetland, over looking Yell sound to Yell, Unst and the north. Nexzt stop is the North Pole

kianda
07-07-2009, 08:31 PM
I live in Ilfracombe in North Devon ~ we moved here from Warwickshire about 4 years ago and have never looked back!

Amethystjewellery
07-07-2009, 08:46 PM
I am living in Motherwell at the moment, but have lived al over Scotland...even as far north as Helmsdale in Sutherland :)

Domino
07-07-2009, 09:38 PM
I'm down in Sussex but used to live in Plumstead when I was at college!

wendy
07-07-2009, 10:14 PM
I'm in North Wales, little town called Mochdre near Conwy, is there anyone out there in the North West/Wales? Not many jewellers round here as far as I know, I tend to travel to Liverpool/Manchester for my cultural 'hit', but we do have Ruthin Craft Centre here which is absolutley inspirational and well worth visiting if anyone's ever in the area.
Wend

Bee
08-07-2009, 11:35 AM
I'm in Loughborough, Leicestershire!

Grandma
08-07-2009, 12:04 PM
I'm in Epsom hope to move in near future to Leicestershire. :)

amazingbabe
10-07-2009, 05:31 PM
Am i the only one from Ireland:(.... I live in Co, Wexford right down in the south east coast of Ireland.....Very rainy at the moment... If anyone is ever around do call in :)

lynnm
12-07-2009, 02:13 PM
I am halfway between Bristol and Bath:)

pauljoels
12-07-2009, 05:09 PM
I live in Ruddington, a village just a few miles south of Nottingham. Not far from Bee then? Which side of Loughborough are you?

CheekyLemur
13-07-2009, 10:12 PM
I am in Coventry. What? Someone's got to live here!

agent_44
14-07-2009, 11:17 AM
I am halfway between Bristol and Bath:)

I know Bitton :) Grew up in Pucklechurch, not far from you!

lynnm
14-07-2009, 11:34 AM
still not far away now! :)

agent_44
14-07-2009, 11:45 AM
No, not really (actually I live in Kingswood in Bristol right now, but moving to Bath in Sept, so I was just pre-empting the move when I filled in my details on here ;) ) either way, not far!

myke
15-07-2009, 12:24 PM
hi i am from elphin sutherland scotland nice and sunny up here

Ominicci
16-07-2009, 06:01 PM
Have been in Chepstow, South Wales for 15 years, just across the river from Bristol. Come from Bath and worked there for 22 years, till last month.

Solunar Silver Studio
21-07-2009, 07:59 AM

I did live in Macclesfield in Cheshire when we met and we are currently trying to move to Cornwall around the St Ives area! :D;)

Hi there - tenuous link coming up!...my Dad was born in Plumstead and went to school at Shooter's Hill. I think the last time I went there was when I was 7 - like, over 4 decades ago!!....well, I did say it was tenuous!! I now live in Runcorn, Cheshire.....not too far from Macclesfield!! And - I once went on holiday to Cornwall and visited St. Ives!! (Isn't that the place that is all hills??:p) My goodness!... isn't it a small world??.... we were almost neighbours!! Ha ha ha!!:D

Charlotte
21-07-2009, 08:11 AM
I was born in North Devon.

Went to Uni in Hereford.

Lived in Bristol for 2 years after that (and worked at Justice Jewellery).

Moved to Newcastle Upon Tyne after that... and am likely to stay here;)

Solunar Silver Studio
21-07-2009, 08:12 AM
I'm in North Wales, little town called Mochdre near Conwy, is there anyone out there in the North West/Wales? Not many jewellers round here as far as I know, I tend to travel to Liverpool/Manchester for my cultural 'hit', but we do have Ruthin Craft Centre here which is absolutley inspirational and well worth visiting if anyone's ever in the area.
Wend

Hi Wendy, I am in awe of anyone who can set stones!! I am a self taught fine silver worker and stone setting is so out of my reach!! I love those daffodil earrings and the bangle is really clever!....anyway...to get to the point...I am in Runcorn, Cheshire - very little in the way of culture here abouts but I agree Liverpool and Manchester have a bit more to offer!! I haven't been to the Ruthin Craft Centre but I have heard other people talk about it so perhaps I ought to have a trip over there...I could do with some inspiration!! It looks like I could be your nearest neighbour so far...
Barbara

Charlotte
21-07-2009, 08:43 AM
Solunar - You should try to set something, I'm self taught and you can do it fairly simply... I haven't attempted a claw yet but bezels, rub-overs/ collets are fine. And you can get stones very cheap to practice with. You'll need a 'Pusher' to push the sides over a stone, and something like a 'tube setting'... its very satisfying!:o

I just got my first diamond in the post and am looking forward to setting it today!

julie
21-07-2009, 11:41 AM
i'm on the outskirts of maidstone kent ...Charlotte lovely rings on your site i've attemped a stone setting but never a ring now i can't wait to get back to college and try a "TUBE SETTING" :cool:

bustagasket
21-07-2009, 11:55 AM
I am in East Sussex just down the Road from the Kent border :)

Solunar Silver Studio
21-07-2009, 12:08 PM
Solunar

I just got my first diamond in the post and am looking forward to setting it today!

Oh wow! ...Oh God! Diamonds???? Have I got to aim that high??? Just the cost of 50g of pmc terrifies me at £1+ a gram...I'd have heart failure with a diamond! You could guarantee the first thing I would do would be ping it across the room!!
You MUST post a picture of that when you have done it!!
I'm experimenting with a bit of enamelling on my latest silver ring at the moment...waiting for it to dry before putting it into the kiln...so no, I'm not 'wasting' my time on the forum again..honest!!:o
Barbara

EmmaRose
21-07-2009, 01:51 PM
Nice diversity!
I spent most of my time in Milton Keynes, and some in NW London with my Mum!
Em

Trudy
21-07-2009, 09:59 PM
Im from Devon, lived in Bristol for 3 years, then Coventry and Birmingham, came to London for uni and now live kind of near Ealing...

Coco
22-07-2009, 08:55 AM
I live in Surbiton.....'tis leafy :)

Charlotte
22-07-2009, 09:36 AM
Thanks Julie! They aren't perfect but I like them. Good luck with the setting, let me know how it goes!

Solunar - The diamond is for my engagement ring, so it important enough for me to pay for a diamond (cheaper than buying a ring;)) but not the end of the world if it isn't perfect! So I'm happy to risk it, its going well so far, I should have a photo in a couple of days:o

There seems to be a lot of people in Bristol, I love it there, I want to move back!!!

Petal
22-07-2009, 03:01 PM
All over the place! I've lived in Reading, Essex coast, London (Ealing (lovely - used to work p/t in a big wine bar there), Wimbledon, Pimlico, Shepherds Bush, never north of the river for some unknown reason:confused:. Vancouver:cool:, (met hubby), back here to Bognor Regis, Hampshire and finally betwixt Bridgnorth and Stourbridge in the middle of nowhere.... peaceful, quiet, not far from my shopping/browsing fix and I love it!

Jx

mizgeorge
28-07-2009, 06:47 AM
Another one from all over the place :) I've lived in Pimlico, Antigua, Hitchin, Moscow, Streatham, Cairo and lots of points between, but I'm now in Cirencester in the Cotswolds.

If home is where the heart is, I want to go home to the West Indies, where I lived for many years, and is the without doubt the place I'm happiest.

AlexandraBuckle
28-07-2009, 08:02 AM
Wow, MizGeorge you have lived in some very interesting places!

Di Sandland
28-07-2009, 08:03 AM
I live in Ilfracombe in North Devon ~ we moved here from Warwickshire about 4 years ago and have never looked back!

Kianda - I'm in Barnstaple!!

EmmaRose
28-07-2009, 04:58 PM
we need a hotspot map!!!
Em

caroleallen
28-07-2009, 05:35 PM
I'm from west Cornwall and I love it. Went to deliver stuff to a gallery in St Ives today though and could hardly move for people. Good for sales though.

bustagasket
28-07-2009, 10:01 PM
we need a hotspot map!!!
Em

I was kinda wondering if it was possible to have a map thing so that we could see at a glance who is within travelling distance from us. It would be so kool to meet some of you clever people[[]]

Solunar Silver Studio
29-07-2009, 05:45 AM
I think we would need some sort of 'computer genius' (insert 'finger down throat' smilie here!! [....sorry all 'computer geniuses' I didn't really mean it!!]) to get that one up and running...but it would be a great idea....
It would just confirm that I am almost TOTALLY ISOLATED up here!!!:'(
Barbara

agent_44
29-07-2009, 08:54 AM
lol! I think there is a service called Frappr where you can set something like that up. I shall go have a looksee....

agent_44
29-07-2009, 09:06 AM
OK, have set this up -

http://platial.com/map/Cookson-Forum-Members-Map/719655

I think you just need to register and you can add yourself on.

AlexandraBuckle
29-07-2009, 09:29 AM
Thats great (but I feel like a bit of a dunce... not sure what i need to do :"> )

agent_44
29-07-2009, 09:41 AM
If you register then add a place to the map where you live, and pop your details in.

Solunar Silver Studio
29-07-2009, 09:43 AM
I think I have done it Agent 44 ......hey guys I'm all alone up here......where are you ....come and join me......heeeellllloooooooo.....where is everybody..........oi..........WILL YOU GET OFF YOUR BACKSIDES AND PIN A FLAG ON THIS MAP!!!
Barbara

OK, have set this up -

http://platial.com/map/Cookson-Forum-Members-Map/719655

I think you just need to register and you can add yourself on.

Thanks for doing this Agent 44....I didn't mean it about computer geniuses....honest....you are 'luverly'.....[]

lorraineflee
29-07-2009, 10:46 AM
I think I've added me in Felmersham (near Bedford!)
Lorraine

bustagasket
29-07-2009, 11:06 AM
I had a little trouble and somehow it place me in europe across the channel at first, cant get rid of it lol but finaly got it to mark me in Westfield lol

Solunar Silver Studio
29-07-2009, 11:09 AM
I don't know....let a load of women loose with a computer!!..... I've managed to split myself in 2 and can't delete the one I don't want either!!:(|:rofl:
Barbara

Solunar Silver Studio
29-07-2009, 11:16 AM
Bustagasket...I've just found out how to delete your pad in Europe!! Click on the unwanted map pin and your details pop up in a box. Under your name/address there are some icons (very pale colours) including edit and delete......go to it!!:D

bustagasket
29-07-2009, 12:31 PM
Bustagasket...I've just found out how to delete your pad in Europe!! Click on the unwanted map pin and your details pop up in a box. Under your name/address there are some icons (very pale colours) including edit and delete......go to it!!:D

You are a star!!!! [[]]Thank you so much :D

The Bijou Dragon
29-07-2009, 12:46 PM
OH. MY. GOD! Is that not the most complicated map service EVER! :(|

I know what I'm doing with stuff like that and even I messed up... still... I'm in there now!

Di Sandland
29-07-2009, 01:05 PM
Well, I've finally managed it guys but not before I placed myself on somebody elses map :cheers:

Charlotte
29-07-2009, 01:06 PM
Lol, that was tough, but got there in the end;) I did one wrong which I couldn't delete though#-o

julie
29-07-2009, 01:30 PM
i'm scared to try adding myself i wouldn't know where i'd end up on the map (( frightened smiley )) missed asking for that smiley :(|:'(:'( #-o

julie
29-07-2009, 02:50 PM
thankyou cookson =:-O lol

Ominicci
30-07-2009, 11:24 AM
Finally managed it without too much hassle. The 'pin' is actually in the road next to mine but all I did was type in Chepstow :eek: did it search my pooter for my address??

Myke - you are in wonderful Scotland near (if any where is 'near' in the highlands lol) our favourite place - Achnahaird. But the campsite has closed down now :'(

Rustic Charm
14-09-2009, 05:09 PM
Done it!!!!!!!!!!!! yay:Y:

Matp85
14-09-2009, 08:00 PM
Hmmmm not many up north :(

am born and breed in newcastle!

lesley
14-09-2009, 08:24 PM
I'm in Masham in North Yorkshire. Born and bred in Northumberland.

I've given up trying to add myself to the map. I'm now in the middle of the Indian Ocean! :D

Solunar Silver Studio
14-09-2009, 08:46 PM
Ah!! It's you splashing around in the Indian Ocean!! Never mind....it's not that far from Yorkshire!!:-D Ten out of ten for effort...and being brave enough to give it a go!!

If you want to try and move a bit further north...and perhaps head for the UK some time in the future - have a look at this link http://www.cooksongold.com/forum/2744-post75.html. It is my rather sad attempt at explaining how to correct a mis-placed flag! Have a go when your nerves are feeling a bit better!!:giggle: