PDA

View Full Version : Cooksons delivery service

caroleallen
02-02-2012, 02:43 PM
I'm not a happy bunny. I left a sign by my front door today to ask for deliveries around the back. When I came in from my workshop for lunch, the delivery driver took me at my word and left nearly £1000 worth of silver on my back step. No signature was taken. In view of the fact that I've recently had someone walk into my house and steal stuff, I don't think that's good enough. They're usually really good and I've never had this problem before.

LittleGem
02-02-2012, 03:30 PM
Hi there,

Sincerest apologies to hear this has happened, thank you for bringing it to our attention.

Our contact centre manager will be calling you as we speak.

Regards

Jess

caroleallen
02-02-2012, 05:07 PM
Thanks Jess, I'm not blaming you, but thought you should know.

LittleGem
03-02-2012, 08:54 AM
Yes definitely, did Rob manage to get hold of you?

lilia
04-02-2012, 09:03 AM
Hi Carol,

I know how you feel. I had so many problems with Cookies' delivery over the years, both delivery company's fault and the cookies' fault - and they always happened when the items were needed urgently :-() . Luckily, in the recent months it has improved.

Yes definitely, did Rob manage to get hold of you?

Ah, so Rob's still there, strangely he hasn't replied to any of my emails on fairtrade gold and he is supposed to be the contact person on this matter.

caroleallen
04-02-2012, 04:56 PM
Yes, I did speak to Rob.

Maybe you should ask Rob via this site Lilia.

Somersetmaker
27-02-2012, 12:38 PM
I just heard from Cooksons that my order has been 'lost' by Yodel (tho' Cooksons are replacing now and sending by Sp Del).

So . . top marks to Cooksons for their reaction but has anyone else had problems with Yodel?

ps_bond
27-02-2012, 01:04 PM
Yodel formerly known as the Home Delivery Network... Who rebranded because their image was so bad. Yes, I've had more than a few issues with them - I dread things being sent out with them.

mizgeorge
27-02-2012, 01:13 PM
I've had so many problems with them that I've asked for that option to be removed from my account. On the bright side, they've cocked up so many of my amazon deliveries that I've had my prime membership extended for free for about 7 months now.

ps_bond
27-02-2012, 01:55 PM
Have you seen the disparities between the Amazon tracking detail and the Yodel tracking detail? I had one package where Amazon claimed delivery had been attempted 3 times in 10 minutes (while I was there) whereas the Yodel site said that the package had been returned to base (the driver had knocked off for the night).

Somersetmaker
27-02-2012, 04:06 PM
Haha - thanks all. That's Yodel off my options then.

Why on earth are Cooksons using them???

caroleallen
27-02-2012, 04:41 PM
I don't know why Cooksons are still using them. Birmingham Assay Office are using them too.

mizgeorge
27-02-2012, 05:09 PM
I don't know why Cooksons are still using them. Birmingham Assay Office are using them too.

Simple. They're cheap. Trouble is they're cheap for a reason.....

Wallace
27-02-2012, 05:18 PM
I have similar stories - at Christmas I was told I couldn't get my delivery when expected because they had too many parcels to deliver! Yup, true story. Thankfully nothing to do with cooksons. I don't use the courier option because I don't trust them.

medusa
27-02-2012, 05:53 PM
Simple. They're cheap. Trouble is they're cheap for a reason.....

except when you have stuff sent by BAO if costs you just as much as when they send via Yodel.

I've never actually had any problem with deliveries from cookies. However, I'm about to order a duration mill (I'm actually bouncing with excitement about this!) and I think I'll ask for it NOT to be send by Yodel.

caroleallen
28-02-2012, 08:02 AM
Duration Mill? That sounds like something you have to sweat on - not keen on the idea myself!

ps_bond
28-02-2012, 09:06 AM
Hmm. Autocorrect in action?

medusa
28-02-2012, 01:59 PM
Duration Mill? That sounds like something you have to sweat on - not keen on the idea myself!

Hmm. Autocorrect in action?
haha! ok, I need to know how to turn this off because it's getting annoying. I meant Durston. And I've just ordered it. Coming via TNT. Am currently keeping an eye on silver prices in the hope that they may drop a bit. How I wish I had had some dosh 2 months ago!

Sandra
27-11-2013, 09:18 AM
I wish I had seen this thread earlier. Never again will I choose Yodel as a delivery option!! I placed an order With Cookson Friday and chose the faster delivery option of next day by 9pm. It is Wednesday and the package still isn't here. I used Yodel for a delivery with a different business a couple years ago and the package ended up getting lost and never found again. I thought maybe it was a one-off. Apparently not!

silvermagpie
27-11-2013, 11:58 AM
That's terrible Sandra.
Why the devil are Cookies still using them???
I thought MyHermes was bad, but by the sounds of it - Yodel makes them look like the best Courier company going!

Rob Taylor
27-11-2013, 12:06 PM
Hi

thanks for this feedback, Yodel had a lot of bad press a couple of years ago but generally they have worked their way through it and have improved. We offer them (along with DHL and TNT) because customers have preferences, as well as good and bad experiences. We have customers who insist on Yodel, I think a lot depends on the quality of the local service centre and driver.
They do offer value for money and 89.2% (that's last weeks stat for successful deliveries) of the time they offer a very good service, you have a different perspective of course if you are in the other 10.8%. We have very little negative feedback about DHL but there is a small premium on their prices.

rgds
Rob

mizgeorge
27-11-2013, 12:42 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tFE8AIx4vj8

(amongst others...)

medusa
27-11-2013, 02:06 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tFE8AIx4vj8

(amongst others...)

ha!

Anyway I ordered on free post yesterday afternoon and got my package this morning via RM.

I did get something from Yodel a few weeks back and it did actually come to my door. MyHermes is dreadful round here but given the exploitative way couriers are employed, I do have some sympathy for them.

Wallace
27-11-2013, 07:10 PM
hmmmm, yodel and parcel force are a pain in my area. I strive to not use either when possible.

good you got your stuff so quickly Liz. I decided against going for the free post as I need an order to arrive tomorrow and the last time I took advantage of the free post it took a long time to get to me.

medusa
27-11-2013, 08:13 PM
hmmmm, yodel and parcel force are a pain in my area. I strive to not use either when possible.

good you got your stuff so quickly Liz. I decided against going for the free post as I need an order to arrive tomorrow and the last time I took advantage of the free post it took a long time to get to me.

I think I've always lucked out on the free post deals. every time it has come the next day.

Tabby66
27-11-2013, 10:34 PM
I'm afraid, due to past experience, I avoid Yodel, 1 out of 10 deliveries as a fail seems a pretty high percentage to me!!

Aurarius
01-03-2014, 06:14 PM
What percentage of freepost deliveries arrive next day, in most people's experience? I'm running at 50% at the moment.

Dennis
01-03-2014, 08:24 PM
Yes, but look on the bright side; at least you're not paying VAT on the postage.

Tabby66
01-03-2014, 10:01 PM
I refuse to use yodel, terrible experience through Cookies orders in the past and it would seem by default this week to deliver (thankfully only the latest catalogue)!! I've just tried to upload images from my phone without success :( But basically, I was out for 2 hours on Thursday morning, -raining when I left, I arrive home - sleet, snow, etc,etc, package propped (FULLY IN VIEW of anybody) at the front door......soaked through.......cannot believe (so take the piccies), open front door to find a card on my doormat from Yodel.....'parcel left by front door'.....no sh** Sherlock,....NOT ONLY did Yodel advertise the fact that there was NO ANSWER....but also left a cardboard 'protected' package in appalling weather open to the elements and any prying eyes.......

I NEVER use Yodel from Cooksons by choice, or from Birmingham Assay Office, in fact the latter have supplied me with stickers, highlighting the fact on my assay note, that my packages are to be delivered by Royal Mail SD only.

Rob Taylor
03-03-2014, 10:19 AM
Hi, Sorry to read of your problems with Yodel delivering your catalogue. Do you need it replacing?

To clarify we no longer use Yodel for parcel deliveries. The catalogues are being delivered via a third party mailing house who happened to have used Yodel in this instance. Your experience is unacceptable and we have passed on your comments to our mailing house.

regards, Rob

Tabby66
03-03-2014, 09:56 PM
Yes please Rob, I'm actually calling in to Vittoria Street tomorrow morning to collect an order, I'll ask for a replacement then. As you say, it's not acceptable service and sadly it reflects negatively upon your service as the supplier........thank you for passing on my comments and your response.

Tabby

michi_chi
03-03-2014, 10:26 PM
What percentage of freepost deliveries arrive next day, in most people's experience? I'm running at 50% at the moment.

I've received a few parcels by freepost and it's no different to parcels I order with RM for delivery, I've received all my parcel next day

Aurarius
04-03-2014, 02:09 AM
I've received a few parcels by freepost and it's no different to parcels I order with RM for delivery, I've received all my parcel next day

Well I was born unlucky, so maybe that's the answer.

Patstone
04-03-2014, 06:10 AM
Unfortunately that isnt a good thing either, using a third party. My husband ordered a computer from an individual in Scotland who built it to hubby's specification, so not able to be bought in a shop. When it was built he sent it by Hermes, who got our address wrong. We live in a private road with 10 houses in, and there is a little driveway next to us with another 10 houses in, both sets of houses are numbered 1 - 10. Obviously the postcode is the same, so what happens, when you order you specify that it has to go to our address NOT the other address. So what did Hermes do, take the parcel to the other address and although the house was empty, left it in a meter cupboard by the front door. Luckily our next door neighbour is an estate agent who was just getting back in her car after giving students the keys for the house, and noticed the chap leaving a parcel. She didnt think much about it because it had been let out a month or so before and thought it was a parcel for the students. Hubby was talking to our neighbour and she said a parcel was delivered there, and it was a big one. He went down to ask if he could have his parcel, and of course there was nobody there, so kept on going back, eventually he went and there was someones parents there, they were giving it a lick of paint for their kids before they moved in after Xmas holidays. Luckily we caught them because this was end of November and the students dont come back until end January. A £400 computer just left in an open cupboard by the front door, and who signed for it !!!!!!!!!!! there was a signature apparently on the delivery note. Royal Mail for me, most of the time you get local posties who know who lives where. We have taken chappie in Scotland to court as he wont refund us, even though it was returned to him within 7 days, he said he sent a monitor with it, which we didnt order or want, and it had been stolen and as such didnt qualify for a refund as the order wasnt complete. The saga continues, watch this space.............................

surfergirl
05-03-2014, 06:18 PM
The saga continues, watch this space.............................

Oh dear, Pat! What a nightmare. I hope there's a positive resolution for you.

Patstone
05-03-2014, 09:37 PM
Well the latest is we have to have a representative in Scotland to put our case. Its a very long way from Devon and would cost more than the computer did in the first place and lets face it if the chap gets convicted he probably wouldnt be able to pay anyway, so not sure if its worth pursuing.