PDA

View Full Version : Cuff link problem -

abyjem
28-01-2012, 06:52 PM
Hi,
Does anyone know if the swivel bar from these cufflinks can be replaced please?

http://www.cooksongold.com/Findings/Sterling-Silver-Assembled-Cufflink-Fitting-Round-Bar-With-U-Arm-Plain-prcode-NVU-101

A customer of mine bought some of these and had a local person solder them for him - unfortunately it would appear that she didnt take enough care and has damaged the springs as all the swivel arms are now floppy

My customer has asked if there is anything I can do with them and I've never used them so not sure if I can replace the swivel arms or not.

Cheers
Faith

Rob Taylor
30-01-2012, 09:15 AM
Hi Faith

I wouldn't recommend replacing the swivel, we have had a few reports where heating (possibly overheating) has caused some problems. I'd recommend replacement of the assembly. The problems seem to stem from a batch we had manufactured around Q2/3 last year. If you purchased around that time, send any affected ones back with the invoice number and we will replace them

regards
Rob

abyjem
30-01-2012, 10:36 AM
Hi Rob,

thats interesting indeed - I've passed on your comments to my customer - it was the customer you bought the cufflink findings from you - he had approached me to see if I could salvage them but if they were indeed faulty then its a lot easier and cheaper option for him to get them replaced.

Faith