PDA

View Full Version : Mums are great!

Green Monster
17-08-2009, 05:55 PM
My mum ( 73, but don't tell anyone I told you) is me best advert.
She always has something I have made on.
Today she had a doctors appointment and was wearing a simple tiger eye pendant, the Doc wanted to know where she got it from and now wants more details of my work.
I really must knuckle down to a proper website and start producing more items.

I have just taken pictures for the "Show us your workshop" thread. Will get them on soon, like many others perhaps not what is expected in terms of traditionality!

Cheers
G

bustagasket
17-08-2009, 06:07 PM
My mum ( 73, but don't tell anyone I told you) is me best advert.
She always has something I have made on.
Today she had a doctors appointment and was wearing a simple tiger eye pendant, the Doc wanted to know where she got it from and now wants more details of my work.
I really must knuckle down to a proper website and start producing more items.

I have just taken pictures for the "Show us your workshop" thread. Will get them on soon, like many others perhaps not what is expected in terms of traditionality!

Cheers
G

Hugw congratulations!!!!!! how wonderful is that!!!

Solunar Silver Studio
17-08-2009, 06:20 PM
Mums are great!

Of course we are... It doesn't matter how old you are - any loving Mum will burst with pride when you accomplish something great. It feels just the same to see your adult children succeed as it did to watch them in their first school play....it is just not quite so acceptable to blub helplessly!!:-D She was probably SO excited to be able to tell the Doctor all about how brilliant you are!! Give her a big hug!!...she is a treasure! (Mops gathering tears from eyes):">

Di Sandland
17-08-2009, 06:22 PM
Nobody, but nobody, will love you as unconditionally as your mum does - and nobody will take as much pride in your cleverness, sassiness, ballsiness, or eccentricities. I miss mine like hell

Solunar Silver Studio
17-08-2009, 06:36 PM
Aw...poor Di!![] . Be careful what you wish for.....he may come back and take root in your workroom again!!

Di Sandland
17-08-2009, 09:21 PM
Aw...poor Di!![] . Be careful what you wish for.....he may come back and take root in your workroom again!!

I meant I miss my mum, but I do take your point. I am not missing Tom, he's been round every day since he left (washing, food, you know all the boring essentials of life)

Solunar Silver Studio
17-08-2009, 10:10 PM
Sorry...it's getting late...a touch of brain fade is setting in! I think I might call it a day!I-)