PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Sweden!

Andre
14-12-2011, 02:58 PM
Hello!

My name is André and I live in Stockholm, Sweden. I found this site through google in my search for starting my new project.
I am very interested in the art of fashion and now I feel that I have to do something with my artistic side... before i go insane! :)

Totally green on this and I will probably read furiously on this forum in search for great tips and tricks.

I really want to learn the crafting tools that helps me produce jewelery that I fell represents me artistically. Hopefully by time, other people
want to wear my accessories.

I have seen some of the work that you guys have made and they are beautiful and a great inspiration.

Nice to meet you all!

lorraineflee
14-12-2011, 04:06 PM
Hi and welcome to the forum!!

Lorraine

Dennis
14-12-2011, 07:20 PM
Hi Andre and welcome to the form. Traditionally that is all we say on this thread, but I have long thought that it would be helpful to get you started by adding a little more.

First you would save yourself much pain if you could join a part time jewellery course not only to learn the basic skills like sawing and soldering, but also to try a range of tools and equipment before you buy any.

Secondly it helps to read some textbooks, so I would suggest these which I think most suitable for beginners:
1. ‘The workbench Guide to Jewellery Techniques’, by Anastasia young. This covers most topics in jewellery making. There is an English and an American edition and either will do.
2. Two –In-One Manuals Jewellery, by Madeline Coles, which has well illustrated projects for beginners and which you can personalise and build on.

Lastly I would suggest that you only buy such tools as you would require for your immediate project to avoid a collection of white elephants.
Kind regards, Dennis.

art925
17-12-2011, 09:39 AM
Hi Andre and welcome to the form. Traditionally that is all we say on this thread, but I have long thought that it would be helpful to get you started by adding a little more.

First you would save yourself much pain if you could join a part time jewellery course not only to learn the basic skills like sawing and soldering, but also to try a range of tools and equipment before you buy any.

Secondly it helps to read some textbooks, so I would suggest these which I think most suitable for beginners:
1. ‘The workbench Guide to Jewellery Techniques’, by Anastasia young. This covers most topics in jewellery making. There is an English and an American edition and either will do.
2. Two –In-One Manuals Jewellery, by Madeline Coles, which has well illustrated projects for beginners and which you can personalise and build on.

Lastly I would suggest that you only buy such tools as you would require for your immediate project to avoid a collection of white elephants.
Kind regards, Dennis.

Once again Dennis has excelled himself with providing help and information, get those books on your Christmas shopping list Andre, welcome to the forum. Its good to have another international in the forum.