PDA

View Full Version : Cooksons is Bad for you - or at least your pocket lol

bustagasket
17-08-2009, 12:16 PM
I havent ordered from cooksons for at least a couple of weeks and i could wait not longer to order the shopping basket thats been sitting there eversince i submitted the last one lol.

Been a bad day for the bank balance really - ordered 3 of the books that i put on my amazon wish list the other day, from the bookshelf thread funnily enough lol, finally ordered the camping tickets for the BMF show at Peterborough that we go to twice a yesr (i will wave to you nic as its the weekend before we come to you for the course, and i believe you are in that neck of the woods lol) and then thought, oh hang it - i neeeeeeed my cooksons order! heehee. Hubby not gonna be happy but he is being quite nice atm cos he just used all the money he got selling one of the cars to change his boat, so theres not a lot he can say to me atm lol. Want my tumber before the wind changes and will have to talk realllllllllly nicely to him about a kiln, that one might prove a little harder to get lol.

But hey, you gotta give it to me for trying? (yes i know, VERY trying :P)

amazingbabe
17-08-2009, 12:38 PM
Ha Ha, i am sort of in the same boat,,, have put an order in to Cooksons, have ordered from rio grande and have bought that book from amazon, would match me better now to go make some jewellery (don't ye think) buying gives such a buzz though!!!!:dance:

bustagasket
17-08-2009, 01:27 PM
certainly does although i always think i have ordered so much and then it arrives in a tiny box and i think "is that it?"

MuranoSilver
17-08-2009, 02:18 PM
Lol the BMF show is about 15 mins away from us :)

bustagasket
17-08-2009, 02:22 PM
ooooo at least i know most of the Journey then we have been going for years lol

cezerpringle
17-08-2009, 02:24 PM
BMF?
Ceri :)

bustagasket
17-08-2009, 03:02 PM
British Motorcycle Federation. Its a show held at the East of England show ground on the saturday and sunday loads of stands and event in the arena and campers arrive from 2pm friday for a weekend of bikes beer and bands lol.

I rarely go to the bands cos i cant stand for long, so Pete and our friends go and i snuggle down on my chair which has a foot rest, in a sleeping bag insert that is fleecy and snuggly, with a good book, a hot chocolate (i can add hot water to one of make shakes for the same effect) and i am as happy as larry lol I dont drinkk beer either. The atmostphere is great tho, and whilst i dont really buy anything these days, its a good weekend away with some great friends :)

cezerpringle
17-08-2009, 03:45 PM
Ohh, that explains all the motorbikes people have reported over the last week or so heading towards the coast lol (I've just heard from quite a few people that there were bikes heading to hunstanton and chromer) suppose it makes sense to combine it with a holiday lol. I live in cambridge btw.
Ceri :)

bustagasket
17-08-2009, 03:51 PM
ahhhh i will wave as i go past :P
I will be up that way two weeks in a row, but i think the second one will be the best cos thats my course :D

julie
17-08-2009, 03:52 PM
the BMF sounds like a good weekend *HIC* :Y:

bustagasket
17-08-2009, 03:57 PM
lol yes normally we have a lot of smirnoff ice and about 6 different kinds of shots, but i cant have anything this time except my soda water :(

bustagasket
18-08-2009, 11:57 AM
Well i had barely got a foot in the door at the garage this morning when Val came in with a medium size padded envelope. I thought it was something my son had ordered from his car but when i opened it i could see it was the order i placed with cooksons yesterday.:D I put it into my workbag determined not to look till lunchtime but i have given in.

As usual i think to myself, is that it? but yep it is, i have two syringes of soldering paste to give it a go as you all rave about it, a 10 x 10 cm sheet of 0.7 mm silver, some trace chain for extensions for necklaces and some cufflink chain to do some dangly bracelets. And a length of 0.8 round wire as i seem to use that the most. I also have some crimp bead pliers so that i can have another go with some seed beads, oh and a .925 punch. But that was it :( I am still waiting for a drill apron from another order but that will turn up no doubt when they get some more in. Next shopping basket has already been started, i am so bad.

Kurt is hopefully popping in again tonight so i hope he will do a little more to clearing his room which is actually noticeable lol. I really cant start the fretwork etc til i have some form of bench made up (still havent got a clue how i am gonna do that) so i can use my benchpeg and i really am desperate to "get on".

Why does it all have to be so frustrating!!!!

MuranoSilver
18-08-2009, 12:26 PM
Aww don't get frustrated it's only a small delay and you've waited so long!!
Almost there :Y:
nic x

bustagasket
18-08-2009, 01:22 PM
i do try honest, but its such a lovely space and i want to exploit it hehe