PDA

View Full Version : Guild of Jewellery Designers discount

caroleallen
20-10-2011, 01:55 PM
I've been a member for some time but don't seem to be getting the discount from Cooksons which I believe I'm entitled to. How can I sort this out please?

Rob Taylor
20-10-2011, 03:25 PM
Hi Carole

Your GOJD discounts are in place (we've checked your last few invoices), if you have any specific query please call Paula on 01212126476

rgds

Rob

caroleallen
20-10-2011, 06:46 PM
Hi Rob,

Thanks for replying. I can't see anywhere on the invoice though where it mentions a discount.

caroleallen
20-10-2011, 06:48 PM
I've just had a notification from Geti to say that it should say GOJD after my name on the invoice, which it does, so problem solved. Many thanks.

Aurarius
23-05-2014, 06:24 PM
Can anyone tell me what the current discount is for Cooksons, Walsh and Suttons? I'm thinking of joining the GOJD, but although the website says Gold membership "will allow you to receive discounts from our supplier partners", no actual figures are quoted. Thanks!

CJ57
23-05-2014, 06:33 PM
It's 15% on tools 10% on machinery with cookies which is good if you buy when there is also free delivery and a sale which is what I did when I bought my Durston rolling mill! There are details in the members area but I'm sure if you email Jayne she will be able to tell you

Aurarius
23-05-2014, 06:50 PM
I think it's 20% on tools with cookies which is good if you buy when there is also free delivery and a sale which is what I did when I bought my Durston rolling mill! There used to be something on the GOJD pages about how much discount but I haven't been in for a while

Thanks for that. 20% sounds surprisingly generous. Is that the same with all suppliers? On the other hand you say it's 20% on tools. Does that mean you get 20% only off tools, not other things like bullion or stones? And if that's the case is there any way of knowing what qualifies as a tool? A pair of pliers is clearly a tool, but what about an ultrasonic machine, say, or an Optivisor?

Lucie
23-05-2014, 09:37 PM
I'm not 100% sure what qualifies as a tool, but just make sure that when you join the guild you give your cookson account number. The guild then contacts cookson & your discounts are applied to your account. This means discounts apply as you add things to your shopping basket.
They will not apply your discount in retrospect, so try not to forget (like me :(| ).

CJ57
23-05-2014, 09:47 PM
You'll see I revised the percentages when I went in and had a look onGoJD. The 15% on tools is all tools from what I've experienced. The 10% on machinery I've experienced has been just that rolling mills, bench drill etc so I would imagine that would include an ultrasonic. Having said that I recently bought the Durston planishing set and the discount saved me the equivelant of the vat so that's 20%
There are bizarre 20% discounts but only on the manufacturing costs of the bullion and not the metals themselves. I'm not sure about stones. Once you have your discount it's automaticallly reduced on the price list for each item, so the only way to see what you are saving is to do a comparison not logged in( so Joe Bloggs prices) and logged in discounted prices

Aurarius
23-05-2014, 10:38 PM
Thanks for the replies.
I've since found out (from the GOJD site) that Walsh's give 10% on everything - apparently. I can't find out anything about the Suttons' discount. It would be nice to have it in black and white somewhere from Cooksons themselves how exactly their discount system for GOJD members works, i.e. which things attract what level of discount. It would make planning an order more straightforward.

LydiaNiz
24-05-2014, 05:28 PM
Does anyone know what the ACJ discount is?

bilythepink
29-05-2014, 10:01 PM
I really can't work out this discount ! I have tried putting numerous items in my basket ... both logged in and logged out and the prices remain the same. I have phoned Cooksons and been assured that my discount is in place and do indeed have GOJD after my name on the invoice. Can anyone let me know of an item that is definitely on the discount list so I can give it a try ... just for now though I think I will have to stop putting fictitious items in my basket that I can't afford, it's just too tempting.

Spectra
29-05-2014, 10:26 PM
I really can't work out this discount ! I have tried putting numerous items in my basket ... both logged in and logged out and the prices remain the same. I have phoned Cooksons and been assured that my discount is in place and do indeed have GOJD after my name on the invoice. Can anyone let me know of an item that is definitely on the discount list so I can give it a try ... just for now though I think I will have to stop putting fictitious items in my basket that I can't afford, it's just too tempting.

Does it change as you go through (but not complete) checkout?

CJ57
29-05-2014, 10:31 PM
If you log in and place a discounted item in you basket then the discount is there at that point. Try it on a piece of machinery or tools logged in and logged out and you should see the difference. To be honest the discount isn't as noticeable on anything else. Put a Durston rolling mill or something really costly, the difference should be about the same as the vat.

Aurarius
29-05-2014, 11:03 PM
This is the latest info on Cookson discounts, as given to me by the GOJD:

"General Tools 15% discount
Machinery 10%
Silver sheet 25% discount (doesn't include the metal, ie discount on manufacturing costs)
Silver Wire 40% discount (doesn't include the metal, ie discount on manufacturing costs)
Silver Circles 20% discount (doesn't include the metal, ie discount on manufacturing costs)
Silver Solder 12% discount (doesn't include the metal, ie discount on manufacturing costs)
Silver loose chain 22% discount (doesn't include the metal, ie discount on manufacturing costs)
Silver findings up to 999 volume rate
Art Clay 5% discount
PMC 5% discount
DMSL: Due to the complexity of establishing pricing for the DMSL service, a significant discount will be displayed on request of your quotation alongside the non-discounted rate."

bilythepink
30-05-2014, 08:08 AM
Not a bit of difference Spectra, tried that and still came out the same Caroline, thanks for that Aurarius ... still not noticing a difference though. I even put a super expensive durston mill in and it came out at exactly the same price logged in or logged out. I think I'll just forget it and just be content that at least I now have letters after my name ;)

CJ57
30-05-2014, 10:08 AM
:) what more could you ask for Bil! It obviously isn't working but unless you are buying tools or machinery I don't find it makes much difference.

MeadMoon
30-05-2014, 10:31 AM
Mine definitely shows a difference in prices when I am logged in as opposed to logged out. Maybe you need to clear cookies (pun not intended) after logging out to see the non-discounted prices.