PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Bristol!

bob flemming
17-08-2009, 08:56 AM
Hello everyone,

I'm based in Bristol and attend a part-time course in Bath. I've been making silver jewellery for about 4 years now, and am hoping to get on to the City and Guilds course next year. I will update my profile with pics of some of my stuff when I get a chance. I work from home as a translator, so have to fit the jewellery making in around work and running a house!

Bob

Green Monster
17-08-2009, 09:00 AM
Welcome Bob, looks like I beat the "usual suspects" to the welcome, no doubt they will be along shortly!

Not been here long myself, but the information and help with in is great, someone on here seems to have the solution to any question or problem you may have.

Cheers
graeme

Solunar Silver Studio
17-08-2009, 09:14 AM
Ahem...Graeme...What DO you mean???? There ain't nuffin rong wiv us wimin!![-X

!!!!You would be nothing without us!!!!

Hi Bob:welcome: ...Ignore him!! (Raspberry blowing smilie required here!!) We are a lovely little forum. We have our feet squarely on the ground and our heads well up in the clouds!! What's wrong with that???

I'm sure you will learn lots and have a great deal to give us too. Have fun!!

MuranoSilver
17-08-2009, 09:25 AM
Wotcha Bob
:welcome: to the forum - fancy a Bourbon or are you more a
Custard Cream fella? :D
Nic x

julie
17-08-2009, 09:28 AM
hi & welcome to the forum :~:

mizgeorge
17-08-2009, 09:36 AM
Welcome from me too Bob - the Fast Show kept me sane through many years as an expat in odd countries ;)

Look forward to seeing some pictures.

bob flemming
17-08-2009, 09:44 AM
Hello everyone and thanks for the warm welcome.

I, too, lived abroad for while, and needed regular fixes of the Fast Show to keep me sane.

I'll have a custard cream, please, with a nice cup of redbush tea, and will settle down to have a good read...

PS. I'm actually a girl!

agent_44
17-08-2009, 09:46 AM
Hi Bob and Welcome :) I am also in Bristol, well for the time being anyway, I have pre-emptively filled in my profile as being in Bath as I'm moving there in a few weeks! I have signed up for the evening Jewellery course starting in Jan/Feb at Bath College, is this the same as you? I'm also hoping to move on to something else next year, I was looking at the Foundation Degree the college does, wasn;t aware of a City and Guilds, must find out more!

bustagasket
17-08-2009, 09:46 AM
I wasnt here cos i was searching for my sons lost wallet as usual and then had to get to work and the the computer cradshed and and and ..........

Oh yeah Helllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllloooo oooooooooooooo :D

No food talk allowed!!!

Solunar Silver Studio
17-08-2009, 09:51 AM
Hello everyone and thanks for the warm welcome.

PS. I'm actually a girl!

HAHAHAHAHA....you wrong footed us all there!!=D> Do you mind if I hi-jack your thread to thumb my nose at Graeme???? TEE HEE HEE:rofl: I don't mean it really....come and have a [[]] .. HAHAHAHA

amazingbabe
17-08-2009, 10:02 AM
Hi Bob, welcome to this lovely forum with lots of lovely people and great answers to all questions xxx

bob flemming
17-08-2009, 10:26 AM
Hi Bob and Welcome :) I have signed up for the evening Jewellery course starting in Jan/Feb at Bath College, is this the same as you? I'm also hoping to move on to something else next year, I was looking at the Foundation Degree the college does, wasn;t aware of a City and Guilds, must find out more!

Hi!

Yes, this is the course I've been doing for the last few years. The C&G course runs every two years, and they aren't accepting people on to the course this year, it starts again next September.

Green Monster
17-08-2009, 04:24 PM
There was me being careful not to mention the Fast Show for fear you had heard it all before as like others I assumed that was your real name...lol, yep caught hook line and sinker.

Barbara...was it something I said? I seem to have touched a nerve...but then thats you "wimmin" for you, always reading too much into something.:)

"disclaimer" the opinions in this comment in no way represent the opinions of the author in regards to all "wimmin"

oh lor bet I have opened a can of worms now...

I'll get me coat.....

Solunar Silver Studio
17-08-2009, 06:47 PM
Not at all....I just can't resist having a bit of a dig if I think someone can take it... You placed yourself well and truly in the crosshairs this morning!!!:-D

Green Monster
17-08-2009, 06:52 PM
Just to make sure, as the written word can often get misunderstood.
I can take it and have no problems with any comments if I do put my foot in it with anyone though , let me know.

Crosshairs.... you noticed the picture then.

cheers
g

ps_bond
17-08-2009, 07:24 PM

Oh yes. What discipline?

Hi Bob - or is it Kate? :D

The tech in the centre of Bath is where I learned machining...

Solunar Silver Studio
17-08-2009, 08:40 PM
Just to make sure, as the written word can often get misunderstood.
I can take it and have no problems with any comments if I do put my foot in it with anyone though , let me know.

cheers
g

I think we are a tough lot on this forum...we all seem to have very rounded corners...(and everything else too if the 'diet' threads are to be believed!!) I think we can all take as good as we give!;)

I thought I was being very clever with the crosshairs!! and then Peter goes and upstages me!! Go on ...tell him all about it! HE might understand what you are talking about...crosshairs is about my limit...er is there a trigger or something??:confused:

I'm off to do 'wimin's' stuff...a cuppa and following some of the more gossipy posts!! :rofl:

The Dragon
17-08-2009, 09:47 PM
Hello from me as well.

Not into redbush myself, maybe green tea with plenty of lemon juice and a bunch of chilled grapes.

Hope you enjoy yourself here, btw is it short for Roberta or just a nick name?

Annie

ps_bond
17-08-2009, 10:31 PM
...and then Peter goes and upstages me!! Go on ...tell him all about it!

Ach, sorry. I used to shoot a bit. Not that I have the time these days.

Green Monster
17-08-2009, 10:40 PM
Redbush, very nice. soh got me into it.

Shooting, all air weapons (don't like the word "weapon" as I don't shoot in anger as it were) all my shooting is at paper or metal targets.
I shoot indoor 10 metre pistol,
Indoor 20 yard pistol,
Indoor 25 metre and 20 metre Benchrest,
20 yard Sporting Rifle,
Hunter Field Target Shooting ,
and
Field Target Shooting, the last two being shot in woods/fields etc at knockdown metal targets.

The rifle in the picture is used for the Field target events and is an electronic air rifle with an on board computer, the latest incarnation of it gets very technical. Look up "Daystate Grand Prix" for further reading....
and here endeth the lesson.

What did you shoot ps_bond?

Bob ...short for Kate...one of the funniest lines ever, good old Slackbladder..........

ps_bond
18-08-2009, 08:52 AM
What did you shoot ps_bond?

Small bore & full bore target rifle, service rifle and a bit of clay (I'm rubbish with shotguns!). Occasional fullbore pistol, and some more esoteric things.

Still have my air rifles, but not enough time to practice with them.

Ominicci
18-08-2009, 05:14 PM
Completely lost me with all that .... but Hello Bob! I'm from Bath now living in Chepstow.

bob flemming
19-08-2009, 07:50 AM
Hello Ominicci,

I'm actually from Chepstow, now living in Bristol, going to the tech college in Bath! Strange.

Bob has nothing to do with my real name. It's just a great character from the fast show, and I also quite like gardening (if you can call it that when you've only got a tiny Victorian court yard!)

Hello everyone!

EmmaRose
19-08-2009, 04:49 PM
welcome Bob :) :~:
what languages do you translate?
Em (just in case I need to do a jewellery order in that language :D)