PDA

View Full Version : Foldforming book

MeadMoon
07-09-2011, 07:58 AM
Charles Lewton-Brain's book on Foldforming is not available from Cooksons or Amazon UK or Play.com yet it is the best book on this subject that I have seen and is written by the inventor of the technique. Although I have now ordered a copy, it is the sort of book that I would expect Cooksons to sell so that we in the UK would not have to order it from the US.

LittleGem
08-09-2011, 08:11 AM
Hi Elaine,

Thank you for your suggestion, I will pass it onto the product team, I must agree it is a great book.

Maybe in the near future we will be able to stock it, but I will definitely look into it.

ps_bond
08-09-2011, 08:26 AM
In the same vein, the Ganoksin books might be worthwhile - the last time I checked, they were only available from the US.

LittleGem
08-09-2011, 08:52 AM
Just E-mailed the books details over to our product team with a proposal so will keep you updated! Thank you both :)

Dennis
08-09-2011, 01:41 PM
Anastasia Young, Workbench Guide To Jewellery Techniques, has a section on fold forming, which is enough to start you off. Dennis.

Dennis
08-09-2011, 01:45 PM
Anastasia Young, Workbench Guide To Jewellery Techniques, has a section on fold forming, which is enough to start you off. You need a hammer, a vice or a rolling mill, plenty of thin copper sheet and hours of experimentation, Dennis.

MeadMoon
08-09-2011, 04:15 PM
Hi Dennis, Yes, I already have the Anastasia Young book. Three pages just isn't enough :) No rolling mill yet - will have to save for one - but the hammers have been getting a workout.

Petal
20-09-2011, 05:26 PM
Hi Elaine,
I've been after that book for ages too and am a huge admirer of foldforming. There are some good youtube tutes to keep you and I interested till the book arrives.

There are a few tutes on the Ganoskin website too http://www.ganoksin.com/borisat/directory/library/subject/52/1

MeadMoon
21-09-2011, 05:28 PM
Hi Jules,

Wellhead Books had the book at a very reasonable price (if I'm allowed to say that) so I've had it for a few days now and have been happily hammering away.
My best item so far is a bangle hammered on the open edge - it is so light to wear - although I've also done an interesting spiral pendant and a line fold necklace.

LN.

Petal
26-09-2011, 07:58 AM
Hi Jules,

Wellhead Books had the book at a very reasonable price (if I'm allowed to say that) so I've had it for a few days now and have been happily hammering away.
My best item so far is a bangle hammered on the open edge - it is so light to wear - although I've also done an interesting spiral pendant and a line fold necklace.

LN.

Thanks for the recommendation Elaine, I've just ordered it.

ps_bond
26-09-2011, 09:14 AM
Just went to have a look at their site and I wonder if some infantile script kiddie has broken it?

MeadMoon
26-09-2011, 05:16 PM
Definitely looks like it. Dated yesterday: <title>HackeD By TiGER-M@TE</title></head>

I wonder if they know. Will search to see if I have an email address or contact number for them so that I can tell them...

MeadMoon
26-09-2011, 05:20 PM
The subpages look ok, but all the email addresses are missing so I just left them an answerphone message.

Petal
26-09-2011, 07:22 PM
How odd. I'll have to check that they have my order tomorrow.

MeadMoon
26-09-2011, 09:29 PM
The Wellhead Books website is working again now.

WitchfordSilver
11-01-2012, 09:38 PM
Just ordered the Charles Lewton-Brain's book on Foldforming for my kindle, should be here in about 30s after it charges up. been reading a real book andthe kindle battery when flat on me.