PDA

View Full Version : Hi - Rhino3d modellers

kreffell
28-08-2011, 12:28 PM
Hi,

My name is Keith Reffell and I have been modelling with Rhino3d for over 7 years.

I have written tutorials and a plugin for rhino3d ( cadwax.com ) - and actively develop new scripts from customer suggestion.

The latest script will resize a ring with a shank - to any size. See video: cadwax.com/ReSize.swf

I passed my FGA in 1994 - and have recently acquired a Facetron (Faceting Machine) to expand my interests.

I have also written a script to facet 3d models of gemstones using the information found on faceting diagrams.

I am based in the North of Kent and offer on-site Rhino training within the UK.

I also like to cast/set and polish my own work -

If you have any Rhino questions - feel free to ask.

Best regards,
Keith

Patstone
28-08-2011, 05:40 PM
Hi Keith, I think I must have just landed on another planet, I am sorry to be so ignorant, but I dont know what you are talking about. Its just like reading a foreign book when you dont speak the language. What is Rhino to start with, is it a sort of PMC type of substance, if it is, I can relate to some of your comments, whoosh its gone over my head, enlightenment needed.

ps_bond
28-08-2011, 05:54 PM
Rhino is a 3d CAD (computer aided design) package - you can build a virtual model of e.g. jewellery items on the computer; this model can then be used as an input to a CAM (computer aided manufacture!) system, which in this field can mill waxes that can then be sent to a casting house...

I've done a moderate amount of 2d CAD in the past; I keep meaning to have a play with some 3d, but I think the main thing that holds me back is that it's too close to what I do full-time; I like to get away from computers and make something directly rather than interpreted. Well, that and a lack of time...!

And welcome aboard, Keith :)

medusa
28-08-2011, 07:44 PM
I have a loose collaboration thing going on with a 3D modeller because there are some things that are really difficult to achieve by hand. We are still in early stages, but I think that there is a huge potential in this area. My most favourite 3D modeller is here: www.bathsheba.com.