PDA

View Full Version : Interesting Article

LittleGem
22-08-2011, 03:20 PM
http://www.retail-jeweller.com/products/gemstones/how-to-sell-ruby/5027482.article

caroleallen
22-08-2011, 09:14 PM
I think the articles about Pandora are more interesting. I'm so sad to think that those beady things aren't so popular any more. My heart bleeds.

Patstone
23-08-2011, 07:08 AM
Must get more rubies then if it keeps you invincible. I have never owned a ruby so perhaps now I will be able to.

LittleGem
23-08-2011, 07:54 AM
I think the articles about Pandora are more interesting. I'm so sad to think that those beady things aren't so popular any more. My heart bleeds.

Yes I agree, I have two full charm bracelets already :)

Tabby66
23-08-2011, 08:52 PM
OH dear!!!! I think this is sadly why I rarely visit here anymore...................despite some very helpful and knowledgeable forum members, whom I miss................don't think you understood jsweetingham..................

medusa
23-08-2011, 09:53 PM
In fairness, not everyone gets forums. It's hard to pick up on nuance and sarcasm unless you use them a lot.

caroleallen
24-08-2011, 06:50 AM
Nuance and sarcasm, moi?!

Patstone
24-08-2011, 07:45 AM
What is the point of sarcasm anyway, we are supposed to be a friendly lot here. Anyway each person is individual with individual tastes, and if they like Pandora bracelets thats ok with me. Individuality makes the world more interesting. Just stating a point, not being nasty or aggressive.

Dennis
24-08-2011, 07:53 AM
In fairness, not everyone gets forums. It's hard to pick up on nuance and sarcasm unless you use them a lot.

This level of sarcasm is called innuendo. I must admit it passed me by as my antennae are not tuned finely enough. On The other side They are talking about sex insurance, the subtlety of which escapes me entirely. Any one made a good bangle?

Dennis.

LittleGem
24-08-2011, 07:57 AM
Everyone to their own..

Although, I totally missed the "heart bleeds" comment which makes all the difference... ooops

Dennis
24-08-2011, 07:59 AM
OH dear!!!! I think this is sadly why I rarely visit here anymore...................despite some very helpful and knowledgeable forum members, whom I miss................don't think you understood jsweetingham..................

We'd rather have you onside, Tabby. Regards, Dennis.

Patstone
24-08-2011, 08:19 AM
Yes me too, completely over my head. I didnt read the article I am afraid, so perhaps I should have before I added my twopenneth. Perhaps we dont get out enough Dennis.

LittleGem
24-08-2011, 08:23 AM
Yes I had been at a computer all day yesterday so my eyes must've glazed over! #-o

Anyone up to anything interesting today?

medusa
24-08-2011, 08:46 AM
Nuance and sarcasm, moi?!

I caught it, missy! :D or at least I think I did. If you really are devastated about pandora going bust, I'm sorry ;)

What is the point of sarcasm anyway, we are supposed to be a friendly lot here. Anyway each person is individual with individual tastes, and if they like Pandora bracelets thats ok with me. Individuality makes the world more interesting. Just stating a point, not being nasty or aggressive.
well as a completely sarcastic cow, it can be funny and it can help create a bit of banter. Most of the places I hang out are full of sarcastic posters.

as someone said, sarcasm is the lowest form of wit... but also the most effective.

This level of sarcasm is called innuendo. I must admit it passed me by as my antennae are not tuned finely enough.

Dennis.

proof of how my mind is in the gutter, I always use innuendo in the most suggestive sense :)

Patstone
24-08-2011, 01:24 PM
I have been trying for the last two days to make an android for hubby, he wants one as a tiepin just for a laugh. What a fiasco, the first one I made I accidentally cut his leg off, the second one was lop-sided had one arm longer than the other, so in the end I made one in PMC still not perfect, waiting for him to dry, the android not hubby!!! I will fire him tomorrow, still android not hubby!!!! Then file and polish, that could be both!!!!

LittleGem
24-08-2011, 01:33 PM
You MUST post a picture when finished- sounds brilliant!