PDA

View Full Version : Friday 19th Questions

LittleGem
19-08-2011, 08:44 AM
First Question!

Angela Wallis would like to know, "In tumbling, what are ceramic shapes used for? What are the ratios of shapes, metal, cutting media? Thanks :D"

LittleGem
19-08-2011, 09:16 AM
Melanie Gange would like to know, "Can I fire glass and pmc using the same kiln? (obviously different firings)

Tracie White, has the question: do I use an engraver to set a stone and then a grain tool to shape the bit lifted? and what graver would I use if I wanted a flush setting?

ps_bond
19-08-2011, 09:26 AM
Melanie Gange would like to know, "Can I fire glass and pmc using the same kiln? (obviously different firings)

Yes.

Tracie White, has the question: do I use an engraver to set a stone and then a grain tool to shape the bit lifted? and what graver would I use if I wanted a flush setting?

Er... That's not a question with a quick answer. Well, I suppose it could be, but it wouldn't be helpful! E.g.: 1st part - yes, if it is grain setting you're doing; 2nd part - either none at all, or a bullstick. My signal-to-noise ratio isn't always the best, but having a look at the recent thread about the setting course I did might help: http://www.cooksongold.com/forum/jewellery-courses/3538-stone-setting.html

Joe
19-08-2011, 09:46 PM
Can I please request that the administrators delete my account and related details... I really don't want to be associated with a forum with these values.

LittleGem
22-08-2011, 08:15 AM
Can I please request that the administrators delete my account and related details... I really don't want to be associated with a forum with these values.

Hi Joe,

Sorry you feel this way. This idea was merely a pilot which we have recently discussed with other forum members in the "Welcome" thread of this topic- feel free to have a look.

In short, the general criticisms of this promotional approach have been taken on board and therefore is changing. The main thoughts/ suggestions were that people should be directed to the forum to ask their own questions and that the forum should be promoted as a whole.

Therefore, this old approach that you are referring to has been revised.

Having read the other conversations and my response, if you still wish to be deleted please confirm via e-mail at jessica.sweetingham@cooksongold.com

Regards