PDA

View Full Version : IJL In 3 weeks, lets get organised

bustagasket
16-08-2009, 06:58 AM
Ok. so 6th September is gonna rush at us fast, and a couple of us have been chatting and think its time to start working out the details of our meet up, for those hoping to join us on the Hastings to London train.

We need to decide what train we are getting so that we can make sure we are all on the same one, and then we can, if we like, book advanced tickets for the train to save doing it in the morning.

So get those train timetables up on the net, lets get our trip really organised so that we all know what we are doing.

I dont know what you guys want to do about food, i have no choice myself as i will have to use my packets, but its something else you might want to factor in. Are we all gonna make sure that if we spilt up at the show, which no doubt will happen, are we gonna make sure we all meet up again so that we can get on the same train home and discuss what we thought of the show and what goodies we found? (Which i think would be rather nice)

Soooooo come on guys and gals, lets pull our fingers out and get sorted :)

julie
16-08-2009, 07:11 AM
great idea i'd like to pre-book my train ticket there & back ... :Y:

bustagasket
16-08-2009, 07:17 AM
me too, one less thing to think about when i am gonna be so excited! I will be the first on the train, hopefully with Paula if she can make it, so i wanna be on the right one, cos i dont have a clue where i am going lmao

julie
16-08-2009, 07:29 AM
you will be one of the first that starts the train journey from the coastal town of hasting (i got told off for going down last monday and not meeting up with family, couldn't really deny i'd been as i'd added the photo's from my phone :'() will have to decide what time we all want to be at the show and work backwards from there so we get thr right train don't want to be to early or to late [-X seeing you at tonbridge :Y:

bustagasket
16-08-2009, 07:33 AM
working backwards sounds good. Gonna have to get me ticket out of my work box and check whether we have to catch tubes once we get in london cos we will have to factor that in too

julie
16-08-2009, 08:48 PM
thats cool with me i'l get that same train at tonbridge ... :Y:

amazingbabe
16-08-2009, 09:11 PM
Uhhh i am so jealous, all you guys are over in England together and i am here in rainy Eire,, where are ye off to ??? That would be so lovely , i shall be thinking off ye:'(

julie
16-08-2009, 09:14 PM
thats great jason see you on the 9.49 :ta: for looking it up

bustagasket
16-08-2009, 09:20 PM
ty Jason i will make sure i get on it and get a ticket :D

bustagasket
16-08-2009, 09:26 PM
Jason what time does your train arrive at Caring cross cos i will be getting on at west st leaonards so i wanna make sure i get on the same one as you and Julie?

bustagasket
16-08-2009, 09:31 PM
I cant find one for those times on that day :(

julie
16-08-2009, 09:31 PM
charing cross at 10.35 :Y:

bustagasket
16-08-2009, 09:34 PM
SUN 06 SEP
West St Leonards (WLD) to London Charing Cross (CHX)
Journey Summary Details - Option 3 Departs Arrives Duration Changes
08:20 10:05 1:45 0 See Details
Text Me Add To Calendar Calendar added
ALERT ME
SUN 06 SEP
West St Leonards (WLD) to London Charing Cross (CHX)
Journey Summary Details - Option 4 Departs Arrives Duration Changes
09:34 11:06 1:32 0 See Details

That didnt paste two well but i am only getting an opting for arriving at either 10:06 or 11:06

What am i doing wrong?

bustagasket
16-08-2009, 09:35 PM
hoe odd i ased it to show for hastings to charing and it shows the right one and yet if i ask for west st leanards itself it wont show it!!!

julie
16-08-2009, 09:36 PM
st leonards - 8.57 :Y:

bustagasket
16-08-2009, 09:40 PM
i wont be able to do a travelcard cos i will be on the train earlier, so does this mean i will have to get tickets for the tube when i get there?

bustagasket
16-08-2009, 09:43 PM
thats why i just realised - warrior square is different to west st leonards, that train is obviously not stopping there. I can park at at warrior square i think, but just in case i am gonna do a reccie this week, if its bad then i may have to go to hastings after all.

bustagasket
16-08-2009, 09:45 PM
I think travelcard on Sundays has no restriction to be honest.

i think perhaps i need to go to hastings station and ask them Are we setting a time for the return journey or does it not matter if i get a if a get a travelcard. Sorry i am not used to trains. This is already starting to get me in a state lol

julie
16-08-2009, 09:58 PM
i think perhaps i need to go to hastings station and ask them Are we setting a time for the return journey or does it not matter if i get a if a get a travelcard. Sorry i am not used to trains. This is already starting to get me in a state lol

i haven't used train service for a while , don't think it matters what time you come home that day :Y:

bustagasket
16-08-2009, 09:58 PM
Return journey doesn't matter Su, we can come back whenever we want, best to check with the station anyway to see if you can travel before 9.30 am on a travelcard on a Sunday but I am pretty sure you can.

I know I have purchased travelcards on a Saturday and left Tun Wells before 9.30 am plenty of times.

Yes i think i will go in on either on wednesday or friday and see what they say. I will also see what the parkinf is like nowadays and how much it costs, that was my main reason for wanting to go from west st leaonards as you can park close without paying. but i shall have to check on the new hastings station car park and see what they are charging per day. Anyways. its time for me to call it a day. Night all i will see you as soon as i wake up [[]]

julie
16-08-2009, 10:07 PM
Uhhh i am so jealous, all you guys are over in England together and i am here in rainy Eire,, where are ye off to ??? That would be so lovely , i shall be thinking off ye:'(

we are meeting up on the train we going up to the IJLondon on the 6th :D

Trudy
19-08-2009, 04:14 PM
Ive just registered for this...can I meet up with you guys at some point in the day to say hello too??? :)

julie
19-08-2009, 04:23 PM
Ive just registered for this...can I meet up with you guys at some point in the day to say hello too??? :)

yes that would be good :Y:

bustagasket
19-08-2009, 06:45 PM
I went to the station and got my travelcard weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee i is good to go!!!

And YES Trudy, the more the merrier :)))))))

Ominicci
19-08-2009, 06:57 PM
I will be on the 0745 :eek: from Bristol arriving Paddington 0934. Only a handful of tube stops to Earls Court so I'll probably be queueing up waiting for them to open the doors! Returning on the 1800 from Paddington.

I'd quite like to go to two of the seminars - 10.30-11.15 Converting Website Visitors to Customers and 12.30-13.15 Building a Profile for Your Business. Anyone else going to these?

Have you all exchanged mobile numbers? Do we have a pack leader? Are we wearing flowers in our lapels (or hair) lol??

bustagasket
19-08-2009, 07:05 PM
OOOOOOOOOOOOooooo weeeeeeeeeee another to meet with. yes we have exhanged numbers hun, otherwise i cant tell them where i am on the train lol

julie
19-08-2009, 07:09 PM
we started exchanging numbers yesterday , su has bought a nice "BIG" bag on wheels for our shopping she don't know that yet :-" i spent my bum-bag money so freeing up hands of shopping bags on a nice maxi dress while looking on-line :">

bustagasket
19-08-2009, 07:27 PM
we started exchanging numbers yesterday , su has bought a nice "BIG" bag on wheels for our shopping she don't know that yet :-" i spent my bum-bag money so freeing up hands of shopping bags on a nice maxi dress while looking on-line :">

pffft if you think theres gonna be space in my trolley bag for your stuff as well as my own you are sadly mistaken young lady!!! :-p[-X

MuranoSilver
19-08-2009, 07:48 PM
Hubby & I will be there on Sunday too - I'm sure I'll spot you as you'll be the ones all tied together by coloured ropes and hauling a wheeled trolley filled with swag :Y:
Nic x

bustagasket
19-08-2009, 07:49 PM
LMAO it will be on my back while at the show, god help me lol

Ominicci
19-08-2009, 07:51 PM
Anyone kept a list of who is going? (I'm going to have to write down all the screen names and real names - I don't want to be shouting out 'Hey Busta' across the floor!! :rofl:)

Who am I PM-ing with my number?

Anyone want to give me any ideas as to what to expect on the day? I had though it was a posh 'show and tell' type trade exhibition, but will there be stuff to buy too, or why has Su got a big bag on wheels? (I really must look at the rest of their website...)

julie
19-08-2009, 07:55 PM
Hubby & I will be there on Sunday too - I'm sure I'll spot you as you'll be the ones all tied together by coloured ropes and hauling a wheeled trolley filled with swag :Y:
Nic x

................ rofl

bustagasket
19-08-2009, 07:55 PM
Anyone kept a list of who is going? (I'm going to have to write down all the screen names and real names - I don't want to be shouting out 'Hey Busta' across the floor!! :rofl:)

Who am I PM-ing with my number?

Anyone want to give me any ideas as to what to expect on the day? I had though it was a posh 'show and tell' type trade exhibition, but will there be stuff to buy too, or why has Su got a big bag on wheels? (I really must look at the rest of their website...)

I already pm-d you with mine lol

bustagasket
19-08-2009, 07:59 PM
So far me, Julie and Jay are arriving on the same train and then we hope to be meeting up with you, Nic (MSS) and Trudy if you would like to :)

Think we ought to put up a sign saying "Cookies - R - US" lol. So far i have everyones number but yours and Trudy's, unless you have answered my pm while i am typing this lol

Ominicci
19-08-2009, 08:00 PM
So you did - keep forgetting about PMs unless I've sent them haha.

bustagasket
19-08-2009, 08:01 PM
*smacks nicci* and throw a wet sponge at her :-p

Ominicci
19-08-2009, 08:07 PM
:mailbox:-)

bustagasket
19-08-2009, 08:12 PM
lmao i gather you have read it now huh? Care to share yours? rofl

julie
19-08-2009, 08:12 PM
su is the pack leader? she has the bag :Y: jason & i are going to make sure she gets there safely & watch the show :popcorn: *another new emotion used*

bustagasket
19-08-2009, 08:15 PM
su is the pack leader? she has the bag :Y: jason & i are going to make sure she gets there safely & watch the show :popcorn: *another new emotion used*

ooooo do i get a badge????

bustagasket
19-08-2009, 09:23 PM
We are going to have to make sure Su behaves Julie, you do realise that. We are going to have to try our hardest to keep her out of trouble. :D

PS The more the merrier, we are all ultra excited, I am sure we will all be like kids in a sweet shop.

HAHAHAHAHA you never specified whether i had to "behave" good or bad nernernener. I got my travelcard, i got my travelcard :-p

bustagasket
19-08-2009, 09:31 PM
We should make you a little silver star for the day, you can wear it with pride. You don't get a gold one as that would just be far too expensive. :mwahaha:

wahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh i not worth a gold badge :'(:(|

Lindyloo
19-08-2009, 09:39 PM
That's what they say, but from experience, they never ask to see it. I always take it just in case.

bustagasket
19-08-2009, 09:44 PM
On an IJL related note, I received my pass and guide today and under the pass it says we need photographic identification.

Do they mean we have to bring a passport mugshot or actually a passport or driving license?

Is Paula still coming Su?

Yeah i saw that when mine arrived so i made a note in my trusty book to take my driving license, not that it looks anything like me lmao I was dark haired still for a start lol

I havent actually heard from Paula, I know she wasnt sure if she would be able to go or not, so we will have to see i guess :(

bustagasket
19-08-2009, 09:57 PM
Su,

Can't we pack you off for a fortnights intensive training with Fagin before the show, that way if Julie and I see anything we fancy you can craftily slide it into your swag bag in a true pro pickpocketting style.

Also maybe we can squeeze in the tower of London before we come home and you can do your Tom Cruise "Mission Impossible" and pinch queenies crown. :giggle:

lmao "you've got to pick a pocket or two boysssssssssssssss, you've got to picka pocket or two" :D

julie
20-08-2009, 05:20 AM
On an IJL related note, I received my pass and guide today and under the pass it says we need photographic identification.

Do they mean we have to bring a passport mugshot or actually a passport or driving license?

Is Paula still coming Su?

when i got my pass i just it away safely so not loss it lucky your on the ball and had noticed that, i have a picture driving licence that should do shouldn't it ???

bustagasket
20-08-2009, 05:58 AM
thatswhat i am taking hun, i had put mine away too but i got it back out at the weekend and put it in my bumbag ready and saw i needed the id too

Trudy
20-08-2009, 07:28 AM
I went to the station and got my travelcard weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee i is good to go!!!

And YES Trudy, the more the merrier :)))))))

:ta:

Sounds great! I live nearish to Earls Court so can be there whenever. Will pm my number now....

bustagasket
20-08-2009, 07:29 AM
Wooooooooohoooooooooooo we cot another to join our merry band :D

Trudy
20-08-2009, 07:49 AM
I will be on the 0745 :eek: from Bristol arriving Paddington 0934. Only a handful of tube stops to Earls Court so I'll probably be queueing up waiting for them to open the doors! Returning on the 1800 from Paddington.

I'd quite like to go to two of the seminars - 10.30-11.15 Converting Website Visitors to Customers and 12.30-13.15 Building a Profile for Your Business. Anyone else going to these?

Have you all exchanged mobile numbers? Do we have a pack leader? Are we wearing flowers in our lapels (or hair) lol??

I'd like to go to some of the seminars too...definitely those two and maybe the 2010 summer trends one might be interesting as well...

julie
20-08-2009, 08:11 AM
I'd like to go to some of the seminars too...definitely those two and maybe the 2010 summer trends one might be interesting as well...

i haven't looked at seminars but the 2010 one might be interesting :Y:

bustagasket
20-08-2009, 09:34 AM
i got my back pack!!!! and its a nice size (its a laptop bag really) its not too big and has loads of compartments lol just desperately waiting for me to fill them with goodies!!! (hubby permitting)

Ominicci
20-08-2009, 11:18 AM
Good thing Jason mentioned the photo ID as I hadn't noticed!

What a lovely opportunity for someone to go on a real pickpocketing spree (ha ha no reference to the earlier posts) with all those photo IDs around :-O

bustagasket
20-08-2009, 12:12 PM
Good thing Jason mentioned the photo ID as I hadn't noticed!

What a lovely opportunity for someone to go on a real pickpocketing spree (ha ha no reference to the earlier posts) with all those photo IDs around :-O

Thats why i wear my bum back in these situations, as i have my hand on it most of the time and its at the front. Its probably not foolproof if they are that determined but it has so far been good.
As i said, i now have my back pack but having experienced China Town in Kuala Lumpur the two outer zip sections will have small padlocks on them as i cannot see whats happening behind me and i am bound to get bumped about so i wont know if someones hand is in my pack unless its locked. ok a pain when you want to put something in, but much better than losing the lot.

Ok in KL they dont undo your bag they just slit the bottom but cant so that with the frame at the bottom of this bag :D

bustagasket
24-08-2009, 11:08 AM
less than two weeks to go now guys and gals!! Soooooooooooooo excited :D

agent_44
24-08-2009, 11:42 AM
Is it too late to register foir this, I am quite tempted!

julie
24-08-2009, 11:49 AM
Is it too late to register foir this, I am quite tempted!

i don't think so ... go for it :Y:

bustagasket
24-08-2009, 11:50 AM
is it too late to register foir this, i am quite tempted!

dddoooooooooo iiiiiiiittttttttttttt now!!

agent_44
24-08-2009, 02:04 PM
Grr, I am supposed to be going to another trade show with work, same day, bah!

MuranoSilver
24-08-2009, 02:48 PM
Jason - is it too late to have a full sized cut out done?
(he could take the "standee" for photo ops and you could come with us!) :D
See problem solved!!
Nic x

bustagasket
24-08-2009, 02:53 PM
Well I have some bad news, I can't make it on the Sunday at all, can do any day but which is a nuisance as I already purchased my ticked and was all hyped.

So huge apologies to Su and Julie with whom everything was arranged, I am so disappointed.

It is my partners mothers 65th and she is having a party starting early afternoon on the 6th and I have to make an appearance.

I will be going on the Mon, Tues or Weds now. :'(

Aww i think they call it sods law. But at least you will get to go on another day, so at least you wont miss the show. You just get a breather from having to meet us lol

Charlotte
24-08-2009, 05:04 PM
I forgot to mention when this thread first started that I looked in to it but the train tickets were just way too expensive. Would have loved to have gone. May be next year though!

bustagasket
24-08-2009, 05:06 PM
Aww what a shame, would have been lovely to have met you !!! My travelcard has cost me £27.50 from where i am and that allows me to use the tubes as well :D

Kalorlo
25-08-2009, 01:53 PM
Hmm, should I go? I came across IJL's site before, but the pre-registration form sounded like the event was more aimed at people already in the trade than total beginners. I was a bit iffy about putting myself down as 'student' when I'm not doing any courses.

Slightly annoyingly, it's the week *after* my week of holiday, so I could only go on the Sunday.

bustagasket
25-08-2009, 01:57 PM
I am marked as a student and i really dont have a clue about what to expect from the show, but it will all be experience in my eyes :D

Kalorlo
25-08-2009, 02:08 PM
This is true! Plus, since registration is free, if it isn't my kind of thing I suppose I can always leave early :)

I can't really think of anything much else I'd be doing on a Sunday...

Tags
25-08-2009, 03:03 PM
Is it worth attending the IJL? Have been in business for about 3 years and I have only ever attended Harrogate Home and Gift and the Spring and Autumn Fairs at the NEC. Registered to go to the IJL but with it being so close to the Autumn Fair, am unsure whether or not it will be worth my while as it is a lot further travelling for us.

Trudy
25-08-2009, 03:24 PM
Hmm, should I go? I came across IJL's site before, but the pre-registration form sounded like the event was more aimed at people already in the trade than total beginners. I was a bit iffy about putting myself down as 'student' when I'm not doing any courses.

Slightly annoyingly, it's the week *after* my week of holiday, so I could only go on the Sunday.

Hi Heather, just wanted to say that I am pretty much a beginner with alot of things...have been making beaded and wire jewellery for a while...also Im not a student but have put myself down as one as wasnt sure what else to put :)

I think there are still a few of us going on the Sunday...would be great to meet you too if you fancy it! xx

Kalorlo
25-08-2009, 04:02 PM
Hi Trudy. I'm all registered now :)

I'm not sure quite how early I'll manage to get there - I doubt I'll make the 10am opening time. 11am might be possible :p

Yes, it would be great to meet some of you! Do you have any particular plans for the day? (Will recheck the rest of this thread once I'm home).

EmmaRose
25-08-2009, 05:07 PM
I am planning on going Sunday (from my Mum's in London) so can we organise a meet up point and time at the show??? (that is if I am welcome :D))
Em

bustagasket
25-08-2009, 05:13 PM
i have gradually collected phone numbers lol

Kalorlo
25-08-2009, 08:07 PM
I've PMed Su my mobile no. This means I need to remember to take it with me...

bustagasket
25-08-2009, 08:22 PM
i got it and have pm'd you with mine :)

julie
25-08-2009, 08:52 PM
Well I have some bad news, I can't make it on the Sunday at all, can do any day but which is a nuisance as I already purchased my ticked and was all hyped.

So huge apologies to Su and Julie with whom everything was arranged, I am so disappointed.

It is my partners mothers 65th and she is having a party starting early afternoon on the 6th and I have to make an appearance.

I will be going on the Mon, Tues or Weds now. :'(

i'm also won't be going sunday 6th hope you all have a wonderful time at IJL and look forward to hearing all about it on the forum :Y:

bustagasket
25-08-2009, 09:05 PM
huh!!!!!!!! SINCE WHEN!!!!

bustagasket
25-08-2009, 09:25 PM
looks like i am on my own too, i am not sure i can do it on my own

bustagasket
25-08-2009, 09:45 PM
I will have to think about everything in the morning, i cant handle it right now

EmmaRose
02-09-2009, 08:33 AM
They have never asked me for ID even once.....
have we arranged time/place to meet??? mobile signals can be dodgy inside.....
Em :~:

bustagasket
02-09-2009, 10:01 AM
oo eck i hope not i am relying on it to keep in touch with everyone!!!

EmmaRose
02-09-2009, 02:06 PM
will anyone PM me their mobile no's to meet? I just lost my phone, hoping to get temporary replacement (and eventually my replacement SIM) but can "borrow" my Mum's if nothing has materialised by Sunday.....
Em

EmmaRose
02-09-2009, 02:06 PM
PS maybe we should all have "Cookson forum" symbols like carnations for blind dates :D

bustagasket
02-09-2009, 02:33 PM
will anyone PM me their mobile no's to meet? I just lost my phone, hoping to get temporary replacement (and eventually my replacement SIM) but can "borrow" my Mum's if nothing has materialised by Sunday.....
Em

Done Miss check your pm :cool:

bustagasket
06-09-2009, 05:46 AM
Todays the day guys and gals!!!!:y:[][[]]=d>

julie
06-09-2009, 06:52 AM
Todays the day guys and gals!!!!:y:[][[]]=d>

See you at mine Su' IJL here we come ....:Y:

agent_44
06-09-2009, 07:32 AM
Have fun guys, let us know how you get on. Wish I could join you!

mizgeorge
06-09-2009, 08:53 AM
Have a lovely time chaps!

caroleallen
06-09-2009, 08:55 AM
I'm so envious of you all. That's the trouble with living as far south west as you can get. Have a great time. I think it'll be quiet on here today.

Emerald
06-09-2009, 08:57 AM
Have fun everyone wish i was coming with you instead of having to go to kids partys lol

Kalorlo
06-09-2009, 05:20 PM
It was lovely to meet everyone who could make it :)

I am back home now and rather exhausted (and weighed down with catalogues :p).

bustagasket
06-09-2009, 05:57 PM
Great day, fantastic people, now i am knackered :D

Didnt buy anything till we were almost out of the door and then suddenly spied my tumbler so got that ordered :Y:

julie
06-09-2009, 06:12 PM
It was lovely to meet everyone who could make it :)

I am back home now and rather exhausted (and weighed down with catalogues :p).

oh yes me too ...

Solunar Silver Studio
06-09-2009, 07:13 PM
Owwww!! Come ON girls!! We have all watched jealously while you have planned this trip....and all we get is a 'well, we're back now...and we're pooped!!'

Where's our feedback??? :dontknow:What did you see? What has inspired you?? What else has been added to your wish lists? What is the one thing that you saw or did that made the day really great?? ....and what was it like meeting each other 'in the flesh'??:eek::-D

You have until tomorrow - eighteen hundred hours - to submit a full report!!

:rofl:

bustagasket
06-09-2009, 07:49 PM
lol jay i thought of you when i saw alll the beautiful stones, and i could see your eyes out on stalks. We we mesmerised by them but fainted at the price lol

Lindyloo
06-09-2009, 08:22 PM
Well, I only decided at 10am that I could actually make it, but didn't have anyone's details, so needless to say, I didn't get to meet anyone, plus had my 2 kids in tow. Didn't spend anything on myself, and I spent my time keeping the kids hands off all the tools and jewels.

While doing so, I kept my eyes open for a gaggle of laughing hyenas, but didn't spot any.

And so the moral of the story is, don't go with your kids. But to make up, I am going tomorrow. Anyone else? Jason?

bustagasket
06-09-2009, 08:28 PM
Aww thats a shame Linda! we all met up for lunch and then split up again. It was brilliant to meet everyone :D (Forum note - Nic (Murano) is a complete fruitcake, but we loved her :D)

agent_44
06-09-2009, 08:32 PM
Aww thats a shame Linda! we all met up for lunch and then split up again. It was brilliant to meet everyone :D (Forum note - Nic (Murano) is a complete fruitcake, but we loved her :D)

LOL!!

Glad you had a good time, I was one tube stop away from you all at Olympia, so a bit miffed I coudln't meet up with you all :(

But like Jason, probably best I wasn't there, I would have spent too much money!

bustagasket
06-09-2009, 08:35 PM
aww would have been great to see our secret spy too :( Oh no wait - you would have had to be in disguise wouldnt you!

agent_44
06-09-2009, 08:37 PM
LOL if I were really a spy I think I would be a rubbish one, I am generally quite spottable!

Trudy
06-09-2009, 08:39 PM
It was great to meet you all today!!! :dance:

I only managed to spend a shocking £7.50! So I think I will be going back on Wednesday to see if I can pick up some bargains...and some pearls and gems

Lindyloo
06-09-2009, 08:50 PM
Yes, that does sound very tempting. I wonder if the tools suppliers sell stuff cheaper too?????

bustagasket
06-09-2009, 08:51 PM
If I did decide to go, which would be really silly as I know i wouldn't be able to resist spending it would be Weds, the last day as I have heard you can score right bargains. :Y:

he did everything he could to avoid going with the riff raff :(

MuranoSilver
06-09-2009, 10:43 PM

Fruitcake me?? I'm as sane as they come, lol
nic x

Kalorlo
06-09-2009, 10:59 PM
Where's our feedback??? What did you see? What has inspired you?? What else has been added to your wish lists? What is the one thing that you saw or did that made the day really great?? ....and what was it like meeting each other 'in the flesh'??

Heheh - well, I didn't buy anything at the show, but it did inspire me to get a move on and order some stuff I wanted once I got home. So I should be getting a couple of small hammers, a mini anvil, set of wet & dry paper, steel wool, and 9 colours of Fimo in the next week and I've put in a bid on a hand-crank pasta machine on eBay!

I do stare at PMC with longing, but I'm not going to have a kiln or soldering capability anytime soon, and I want to experiment a bit, so I think polymer clay will keep me happy. I've used Fimo before, so it should be fun to make patterned beads from. And the hammers and anvil are so I can hammer wire :)

(I'm also planning to order the sample kits of copper and brass wire from wires.co.uk - lots of thicknesses to play with!)

IJL was... enormous. I was suffering from serious shiny fatigue by the end - glittering things as far as the eye could see! I spent a long time looking round all the stalls selling strings of semi-precious stones, but didn't get any in the end. (Not helped by half of them not listing prices in an easily-readable form. Seriously, why are they using random letter codes? It was very confusing!) They weren't cheaper than I can find online - they might have been better quality, and of course you can choose your own strand, but I've been happy with the ones I've ordered online, so I thought I'd stick to that for the moment.

I paid close attention to the box and packaging sellers and have collected catalogues from all of them, and I drooled over the tool sellers. So many things to look at once I'm more practised!

There weren't really any lampwork designers, unless I missed them. I picked up a pamphlet from someone who was doing lovely fused glass, but I didn't see anyone else. Which was a slight shame - I'm really interested in it.

*checks* Her site is http://www.rozetta.info.hu

Everyone was really nice to meet - Su is a hoot and I think I would love to attend one of Nic (Murano's) classes. She's just as lovely (and knowledgeable!) in person :D

Solunar Silver Studio
07-09-2009, 06:37 AM
I don't feel so bad now....knowing that they weren't giving away diamond studded goodie bags at the door! I am a bit of a catalogue junkie though - so I envy you for your collection. It's good to hear you had a good time ...even if you are suffering from 'shiny fatigue'!:-D

caroleallen
07-09-2009, 07:09 AM
I went a couple of years ago and agree that the beads seemed really expensive. The thing I remember most though is the heat from all those bright lights. I felt sorry for the traders who all looked like they'd had enough.

MuranoSilver
07-09-2009, 08:06 AM
I had a fabulous time, it was brilliant to meet up with you for Lunch
and chatter PLUS see some of the goodies you've been making.
That keyrings so neat Su couldn't believe it was your first saw piercing
(I hate doing interior cutouts)

Plus I got to see Nick Hubbards new lines (one of my favourite supliers)
and found a new supplier of very funky aluminium pieces which will give my shop some Christmas colour!
Also ordered some new Murano Glass for Christmas and finally a few new opal lines.

Didn't even get time to look at tools, the day passed in the blink of an eye
and we got shoooed out by security!
nic x

Di Sandland
07-09-2009, 08:08 AM
I am totally in love with Nick Hubbard's work - if only I was buying for me and not to make stuff for others :'(

bustagasket
07-09-2009, 10:12 AM
yeah i enjoyed his stand immensely. And thank you Nic, very kind of you :)

Ominicci
07-09-2009, 11:05 AM
I bought lots of bits and pieces mainly cabs and some Labradorite briolette that I have been looking for for ages, but they are still not the cut and size I wanted. I spent a few hundred but not as much as Nic lol!!!

Boy did we miss a trick.... I was on the train homne and someone was taking photos at the station and I thought we should have taken some of us all together - Forum Meet Photos!!! I had my camera in my bag!!!! :(|:(|:(|

bustagasket
07-09-2009, 11:12 AM
#-o:'(OMG YESS!!!! Why didnt we think of that!!!#-o:'(

Trudy
07-09-2009, 11:39 AM
I bought lots of bits and pieces mainly cabs and some Labradorite briolette that I have been looking for for ages, but they are still not the cut and size I wanted. I spent a few hundred but not as much as Nic lol!!!

Boy did we miss a trick.... I was on the train homne and someone was taking photos at the station and I thought we should have taken some of us all together - Forum Meet Photos!!! I had my camera in my bag!!!! :(|:(|:(|

Im glad you found some good bits! Did you go to the second seminar in the end?

Ominicci
07-09-2009, 12:02 PM
No cos I spent too much time looking for stuff!! I'm wondering about e-mailing and asking if there was a powerpoint presentation they could e-mail like the earlier guy talked about.

Trudy
07-09-2009, 03:55 PM
No cos I spent too much time looking for stuff!! I'm wondering about e-mailing and asking if there was a powerpoint presentation they could e-mail like the earlier guy talked about.

Good idea... I completely forgot to give my details in to the website guy for a copy of that one too. Will see if I can get in contact with someone

EmmaRose
07-09-2009, 07:15 PM
Sorry I missed you all, wasn't feeling well so did a smash and grab run (some pearls from the German pearl company Di Perle- really good quality) and some Soft Flex, Walsh now have it yummy!).
Hope you had a good time and got loads of goodies :D
Em

bustagasket
07-09-2009, 09:26 PM
Sorry I missed you all, wasn't feeling well so did a smash and grab run (some pearls from the German pearl company Di Perle- really good quality) and some Soft Flex, Walsh now have it yummy!).
Hope you had a good time and got loads of goodies :D
Em

Aww i tried to call you when you didnt come after the text but i guess the number wasnt right still. Sorry to hear you werent feeling good, i kept looking at theat soft flex trying to remember what had been said about it lol

EmmaRose
07-09-2009, 09:43 PM
Thanks for thinking of me! No replacement SIM arrived yet.
Soft flex looks good, will let you know when I get it....micro strands of steel cable (hair thickness) so strong yet supple, and best of all (for me anyway) in COLOURS too (bouncing up and down excitedly), perfect for with my work....going to replace silver chain so it looks more textiley (technical term)
Em