PDA

View Full Version : New Member

LittleGem
29-07-2011, 01:09 PM
Hello everyone!

I have just started at Cooksongold as E-commerce Assistant and I also have a keen interest in jewellery making. I am going down to London next week to attend my first jewellery making course and I am really excited!

What was the first piece of jewellery you ever made?

Nice to meet you all!

Jess

Mystic
29-07-2011, 06:14 PM
Hi there, my first piece I made was a pendant, inlaid with copper and had a gold dangle with a Malachite bezel setting and a hand made chain with a toggle clasp. It took me a wee while to make it as it was at night school and we only had 2 hours a week.
Oh and welcometo the forum.

Dennis
29-07-2011, 06:25 PM
Hi Jess and welcome. Here's a scan of a grotty old print dated 1994. The teacher said 'bring a design, we're going to make a ring' and that is what I did. Dennis.

Goldsmith
29-07-2011, 07:52 PM
I made this back in 1963, two years into my six year apprenticeship. It's a silver pendant that I recently found it in an old box of bits, I have included a photo of it in bits to show how it was put together, all made by hand from sheet and wire.

James

medusa
29-07-2011, 08:21 PM
I don't have it anymore, but it was a nugget type pendant of PMC with my fingerprint in it and a series of holes drilled in the back which were enamelled different colours.

Patstone
30-07-2011, 07:39 AM
Hello Jess, all I can say is I hope you have as much fun making jewellery as I have, sometimes it can be very frustrating, but worthwhile when you can look at a piece and say "wow I made that". My first item, like Dennis was a ring, also in an evening class for 2 hours a week, it was 6mm wide and 1.50mm thick with silver balls in a group, it took me ages to get the silver balls to stick where I wanted them in a group, and one is slightly wonky, but I dont care, I made it. Once again welcome to the forum.
Pat

gemheaven
30-07-2011, 11:55 AM
lol I'm not even going to show you my first piece...

Welcome to the forum :)

LittleGem
30-07-2011, 10:16 PM
Wow! Thankyou for sharing your work, I hope my piece turns out just as well as everyone's here did! My course is at the London School of Jewellery, Hatton Garden- so no pressure!

If I am happy with it, I will most certainly be posting it on here for you all to marvel at:dance:

Hope everyone is enjoying their weekends

Jess

silver70
31-07-2011, 06:46 PM
Welcome to the forum! My very first piece was a beaded necklace, earring and memory wire set. My first piece of silversmithing was a bangle. Good luck with yours!