PDA

View Full Version : Hi from Gloucestershire

Fiona
15-08-2009, 10:47 PM
Hi everyone
Im Fiona from Cheltenham in Gloucestershire.. I am a lampworker and make jewellery from my own beads...

julie
16-08-2009, 05:29 AM
hi fiona & welcome to the forum :~:

bustagasket
16-08-2009, 06:21 AM
Hi Fiona, huge welcome, i know someone in wiltshire who does lampwork and its beautiful, look forward to seeing yours.

Solunar Silver Studio
16-08-2009, 06:23 AM
Hi Fiona, :welcome: to the forum! You have picked a quiet day to join us so don't be put off if you don't get an enormous welcome today...keep with us and people will gather round to say 'hello' during the week!! We are a really friendly lot and talk about all sorts of random stuff:eek: - but pop a jewellery related question on the forum and we gather like flies!!:-D. We do have a few lampworkers - or people with lampwork experience...but I'm sure you will be able to add a lot to our 'beady' knowledge!

Solunar Silver Studio
16-08-2009, 07:24 AM
Fiona....I've just been looking at your website.... W . O . W .... Spectacular beads!!

I really love the blue and green clear glass ones with the silver balls that you have sand blasted....and the blue one with the sandy coloured middle with the silver balls....and the one with the clear glass balls sitting on the surface....and...and....and.......(sigh)

MuranoSilver
16-08-2009, 08:30 AM
:~: Welcome to the Forum :D
I've just been visiting your site too, love the Silvered Grey & Crammond Sets
very, very gogeous indeed!
Nic xx

mizgeorge
16-08-2009, 09:22 AM
Ah ;)
You found us then.....

'ello petal!

Fiona
16-08-2009, 09:46 AM
Thanks everyone for your really kind compliments :)

Yes George - I did - having been mightly disappointed with 'another' company - and tremendously impressed with Cooksons I decided to join their forum as well. OMG I dont understand about 99% of what you are all talking about - but its so interesting and informative - and I love learning..... and I do own a decent pair of pliers, a chasing hammer and a block. hahahaha - so expect loads of newbie bashing silver questions from me :)

Di Sandland
16-08-2009, 12:35 PM
Fiona, hi, your beads are gorgeous. Are you planning on making any more rockpool lentil types? It would be just right for a collection I have in mind based on Saunton Sands (http://www.bbc.co.uk/devon/content/panoramas/saunton_sands_360.shtml) - my local beach. (Please forgive my little gloat there - I am so lucky with where I live)

Solunar Silver Studio
16-08-2009, 12:47 PM
Oh! - How right you are......

Wish you were here!!???!!!

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/liverpool-news/local-news/2007/09/20/mammoth-scale-of-waste-incinerator-100252-19816793/

.......................................:'(:'(:'(.. ...........................................

Di Sandland
16-08-2009, 12:50 PM
Barbara, that's dreadful. Is that near where you are?

We need to get saving for the Mid-Cornwall School...

julie
16-08-2009, 12:53 PM
must have missed your web site when i first said hello but have had a look and your beads are gorgeous the 'rock pool' focal is lovely ...

Solunar Silver Studio
16-08-2009, 12:53 PM
It's about 4 miles away..up wind....so we should - if we are really, REALLY lucky - get any of the fall out that they haven't 'factored' for!!:'(

Don't worry - I have been saving for years!! I'll be ready when you are...even if I have to sell my soul!!:-D

Petal
16-08-2009, 07:18 PM
:~:Hi Fiona,

:welcome: to our friendly forum. I love your lampwork and wrapping - stunning colours and ooooh luverly - they look so much like sweeties that I could eat them!

Jules x

Fiona
16-08-2009, 08:25 PM
Thank you :)

EmmaRose
19-08-2009, 04:53 PM
Hello Fiona and welcome :~: look forward to seeing your work
Em

lorraineflee
19-08-2009, 06:37 PM
Hi Fiona,:~::~:
Lorraine

Ominicci
19-08-2009, 07:36 PM
Hello Fiona! Love your Beads. I recently did a day's session with Julie Fountain and loved it, but am not sufficiently organised to set myself up yet :'( and what with spending time on here...lol

Trudy
21-08-2009, 09:09 AM
Hi Fiona

I think I came across some of your work yesterday in a little shop down by the quay in Exeter....?? :)

The Old Bat
21-08-2009, 09:28 AM
Hello from me too - I've also just joined and looking forward to many happy hours ...... Had a look at your website - your lampwork is just stunning. Would love to give it a go but just not enough space .. anyway probably got quite enough to be getting on with

Bev

Fiona
21-08-2009, 09:54 AM
Hi Fiona

I think I came across some of your work yesterday in a little shop down by the quay in Exeter....?? :)

Wish it had been me :) but unfortunately not.....

Di Sandland
21-08-2009, 12:16 PM
There will now be a made stampede to the little shop by the quay in Exeter to get our stuff listed!

AlexandraBuckle
21-08-2009, 06:00 PM
hello Fiona :~:
I LOVE your lampwork beads!! Plum crazy are my favs! And the crammond ones which have sold. Lovely :)

Di Sandland
21-08-2009, 07:03 PM
hello Fiona :~:
I LOVE your lampwork beads!! Plum crazy are my favs! And the crammond ones which have sold. Lovely :)

Yeah - I liked the crammonds too. Scrummy. Where's the name come from?

Fiona
21-08-2009, 07:14 PM
Names are the bane of my life - they don't have names until I actually put them up on my site.. Crammond - because its by the sea and I have memories of it when I was a kid, bit of a strange one actually - when I was 3 or 4 I went with my mum to Crammond, and before we rounded the bend I described to her what we would see, in detail - and no, I'd never been there before -

Di Sandland
21-08-2009, 10:17 PM
Names are the bane of my life - they don't have names until I actually put them up on my site.. Crammond - because its by the sea and I have memories of it when I was a kid, bit of a strange one actually - when I was 3 or 4 I went with my mum to Crammond, and before we rounded the bend I described to her what we would see, in detail - and no, I'd never been there before -

Oooh, I just love it when things like that happen ;)

Trudy
22-08-2009, 09:11 AM
Wish it had been me :) but unfortunately not.....

Ahhh sorry Fiona! #-o I am almost certain that it was called sterling designs and I thought I recognised it from on here. Your work is lovely though...beautiful lampwork!!!! :) xx