PDA

View Full Version : Ideas a-flowing

bustagasket
15-08-2009, 10:03 PM
Having spent the day fighting with my website construction, i wanted to just relax tonight. I sat with the laptop and played my game a little but my mind kept wandering to the pendant thats been rattling round my head for a few weeks.

I have tried sketching it over the last week but it just wouldnt become clear enough in my head to put to paper.

Then all of a sudden about 2 hours ago i knew how i wanted it to be and i put it to paper, but i didnt stop there, i did a variation on the same design, and then thought of something different involving fretwork (my bracelet thats in progress at the evening class required a lot of delicate sawing so looks like i am in for more) and also made a second less complicated design inspired by the rims on my bike lol.

I am now going to try to go to bed but am gonna take my pad with me as i have a feeling i might find it difficult to settle with things riolling round my head, and if a design becomes clear, i wannna be able to record it, cos you know what my memory is like lol.

Does this happen to you all, do you find you head is fuzzy with a design and then all of a sudden the fog clears and low and behold before you know you are flooded with ideas?

caroleallen
15-08-2009, 10:19 PM
All the time! I suspect you won't get much sleep tonight. If I'm mulling over an idea, I usually toss and turn for most of the night.

The Dragon
15-08-2009, 11:02 PM
I have exactly the same problem -sometimes I'll even go to sleep then suddenly wake up with something. My biggest problem is I can't draw for toffee, so I have to make do with very rough little sketches and a lot of descriptive text.

My othe half thinks I'm crazy - but they say creative types are.

Annie
The Dragon
:Y:

bustagasket
16-08-2009, 06:41 AM
well i had a couple more ideas in bed but my sketching was awful, but at least they have helped me to remember them, so i will resketch them when my eyes wake up :) Hope the flow continues today, but i guess its not something i can controll. Even my hubby came up with a nice idea, he has his moments too :)

Di Sandland
16-08-2009, 12:41 PM
All the time and if I don't write it down the ideas gone by the morning. I'm crap at drawing too :'(

bustagasket
16-08-2009, 01:06 PM
lol i aint that hot, good job we can read our own drawings lol

amazingbabe
16-08-2009, 09:02 PM
Oh my god so i am not actually mad !! I toss and turn and have to get out of bed and sketch and write.... My head buzzes !!! and worst of all money money money ha ha, i keep telling hubby " i must just get these now and then thats everything buy nooooo i want i want i want,,, so many tools gems etc i am so addicted!!!! xoxoxo

amazingbabe
16-08-2009, 09:08 PM
I must say I am exactly the same, restless nights due to wanting to do so much and do it now. Money is the problem though, want and need more equipment, want and need more ores, desperate to work in gold, have 3 gold designs I want like yesterday but being a hobbyist means I don't earn from this so everything must come out of capital and I am not Rockerfella. :rofl:

JasonJohn i just love your sapphire set ring !! I am starting with a some silversmithing at the moment,, just playing around with it just now but hopefully just a few more tools and kids back to school on the 1st Sept i will be adding new designs to my shop ,, do you have a website??