PDA

View Full Version : Cross-Promotion suggestion

Melanie De Castro Pugh
18-07-2011, 06:03 PM
I know I'm only relatively new here, but I can't help but notice how many of us have blogs, websites, Facebook pages etc for our jewellery making - being media savvy creatures of the 21st century! I wonder if it would be beneficial for us to link to each other on our own sites? It'll boost your Google ratings if you have active links to your site for one thing. If we "like" each other's Facebook pages, then traffic there will be hopefully be boosted as well.

My addresses are in my sig and I'd happily link to you if you link to me! Any takers? [[]]

gemheaven
19-07-2011, 08:55 AM
Great idea and have fanned your page Mel :)

Melanie De Castro Pugh
19-07-2011, 09:36 AM
Great idea and have fanned your page Mel :)

thank you so much, I have reciprocated! :-) I found you on Twitter too...

thecrystalcove
14-09-2011, 02:11 PM
Hello!

I think its a great idea to help each other out and it is always nice to have friendly people around here to help each other out with questions etc!

Obsidian Butterfly
14-09-2011, 04:29 PM
Hi

I think thats a brilliant idea Mel and I've liked your link :)

Melanie De Castro Pugh
15-09-2011, 10:46 PM
Hi

I think thats a brilliant idea Mel and I've liked your link :)

Thank you, I've liked you back :~:

medusa
18-09-2011, 08:28 PM
I liked your page mel, but how the heck do you get your facebook page to 'like' another FB page? I only seem to be able to like using my personal account :(

LittleGem
19-09-2011, 07:41 AM
I liked your page mel, but how the heck do you get your facebook page to 'like' another FB page? I only seem to be able to like using my personal account :(

When you are in your personal account looking at your FB business page, you should see on the right hand side where the ads are and stuff a line saying "use facebook as ..... (business name). If you click this, you are then able to "like" other pages as your business facebook instead of your facebook account.

Hope this helps

Obsidian Butterfly
19-09-2011, 07:05 PM
Hi
I don't know if anyone can help but I have a facebook page for my jewellery as you can see in my sig at the bottom, however I just wondered how I could make it facebook.com/ObsidianButterfly without all the gubbins thats after it now? I had read somewhere that you had to have more than 25 likes but I have seen pages with fewer likes but still a preoper web address. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Kwant
20-09-2011, 08:11 AM
Once you have the 25 likes you then have to change your username manually providing it is not already taken. I did it just the other day having been in the same boat as you and thinking it would change automatically.

edited to add: by change I mean opt for username go to edit page then basic information and then you will see the username option.

Melanie De Castro Pugh
20-09-2011, 12:14 PM
I _think_ you only need twenty likes to get the simplified address.

Obsidian Butterfly
20-09-2011, 09:43 PM
Thanks everyone :)

medusa
21-09-2011, 05:39 PM
When you are in your personal account looking at your FB business page, you should see on the right hand side where the ads are and stuff a line saying "use facebook as ..... (business name). If you click this, you are then able to "like" other pages as your business facebook instead of your facebook account.

Hope this helps

I have tried liking as my business page but it keeps telling me that to proceed I have to use my personal account. It's really annoying. I know I can do it because I managed to like a couple of pages ages ago.

Melanie De Castro Pugh
21-09-2011, 06:56 PM
I _think_ you only need twenty likes to get the simplified address.

Today they changed it, you can get the simplified address with no likes at all! Have a look here...

http://www.allfacebook.com/you-no-longer-need-25-fans-to-get-a-custom-page-url-2011-09

Adrienne
26-09-2011, 01:48 PM
Have liked your Facebook page. Would have done it anyway - I love your jewellery.

Anyone fancy joining me in my "one-a-day" recycling challenge?
http://wp.me/p11P5U-2C

I've got a couple of hours before I have to pick up my girl from Nursery - time to make my first piece!