PDA

View Full Version : Morning :)

bustagasket
15-08-2009, 06:45 AM
Well the weekend has dawned and again its too bloody quiet on here. Last night was dead too, and i woke up to "no new posts":'(

Its such a shame that it gets forgotten at the weekends, there are a couple of us left but not many.

My agenda for today is to take my youngest to work, suffer my mother for an hour although today i expect it will be longer as i have to take her to get a new iron, then housework, and then hopefully the time is my own. At which point i have to try and sort out those photos, i have loaded them onto flikr but i cant see how you resize them or anything but i will keep looking lol.
After that, well i dunno if i shall just relax or if i will think about what i want to do next. :confused:

ps_bond
15-08-2009, 07:34 AM
Its such a shame that it gets forgotten at the weekends, there are a couple of us left but not many.

Not forgotten, just busy. Off up to the yard in a moment to deal with the horses; a barbecue to prepare for and a new camera manual to read...

bustagasket
15-08-2009, 07:39 AM
oooooo new Camera!!! - just pop down and photograph my stuff for me will ya? :P

julie
15-08-2009, 07:41 AM
a trip into town & then some garden bark must get the garden finished ..

Solunar Silver Studio
15-08-2009, 07:43 AM
Hi Su:~:...I did comment on a couple of your posts last night, before I went to bed...but I guess it was a bit early for you!!:rolleyes: You really ought to try getting an early night you know!!...the rest of us do knock the computer off at some time during the early hours!!!

But I do agree....you get used to sying 'HI' to everybody first thing in the morning.....

ooooooooeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.....perhaps we are the only ones left....... ooooooooooo:eek: :'(

MuranoSilver
15-08-2009, 07:43 AM
Working all day and Saturdays are often a bit busier with couples etc. :)
Then friends for dinner tonight (not FOR dinner you understand - she says editing quickly before cannibalism is suggested!)

Nic xx

mizgeorge
15-08-2009, 08:06 AM
Su, you don't have to resize Flickr pictures. It does it all for you! Just don't load too small a size to start with or there's nothing to enlarge.

bustagasket
15-08-2009, 09:08 AM
lol i wasnt getting at anyone for being busy, or having a social life good on ya!! :) i just miss that chat thats all :"(

Di Sandland
15-08-2009, 09:20 AM
Deep cleaning the house now that number one son has left the building. :Y::'( (that's meant to tell you its bittersweet).

While I'm doing that, the OH is putting my workbench and everything into his old bedroom (which was my old office).

In fact, he's just called me upstairs to take a look before he fixes things into place - it is wonderful - pics to follow. Which leads me onto this evening - we've finally got the camera and lighting sorted out to take pics of my jewellery.

Solunar Silver Studio
15-08-2009, 09:31 AM
Lucky, lucky you Di, I empathise with you on 'losing' your 'baby' though[]...I have lost 2 of mine...although they keep popping back witht the sprogs!! I'm looking forward to seeing your piccies. It is a beautiful day here...fluffy white clouds and blue sky....but the wind is phenominal!! I was in the shed earlier and I literally felt it lift with one gust!!=:-O Still not likely to get decently lit photos up in Runcorn then (sigh)....Where is all this wind coming from??? I've never known a summer like it!! It's always a bit drafty in the Cheshire Gap - but not usually like this! :(|

MuranoSilver
15-08-2009, 09:35 AM
Cut back on the Fibre Barbara - that will sort the wind out ;)
Nic x

purple4711
15-08-2009, 09:42 AM
Morning All,
I was desperate to get online last night to see what had been going on when I was at work!! And its the first thing I do in the morning....after making self a cuppa and feeding the cats (they wont stop yelling at me till I do!)

Di- you must be really excited about your workshop space, well done to OH for getting on with it straight away....is no 1 son away to travel/uni/live somewhere else?

My plans for the day are....optician to try new contact lenses, grab a few bits for dinner...then have another go with my new PMC =D> while OH floors the attic (to give more storage space...so HP bedroom can be cleared for my workshop :Y:) and son earns 'money' on Club Penguin/ Moshi Monsters or whatever it is this week that must be played :confused:

Lesley x

Solunar Silver Studio
15-08-2009, 09:43 AM
...many a true word, Nic....... :rofl:.

No - not really....as a vegetarian my system is used to dealing with 'tough stuff' and is very efficient thank you!!.......hmmmmmm.......too much information perhaps!!????:"> (Gillian Mackeith would be SO impressed!!):Y::-D

bustagasket
15-08-2009, 10:38 AM
Oh WOW DI!!! i so wish Kurt would come and clear his room so that i could start moving stuff in there. God knows what i will do for a bench tho lol

I am still struggling with the photos - i loaded everything onto flikr but cant see how to upload them to my album (bet its really obvious huh) i tried to do it one way but the forum just shuts on me and takes me back to the main Cooksons website, its really doing my head in lol, if i can get Reduce Photo.com to work life would be much simpler i feel lol

caroleallen
15-08-2009, 11:47 AM
What busy bees we all are! Me and hubby are putting yet another new bench (well actually our old kitchen table!) into my studio as I need room for even more equipment. I've just bought a guillotine and it needs a home. After that I'll be getting on with making stuff for next weekend when I've got a show on.

bustagasket
15-08-2009, 12:43 PM
I have een working on my website now for the last couple of hours and i am getting no-where fast lol Again its the images i am having trouble with and i just dont know why :(

The Bijou Dragon
15-08-2009, 03:02 PM
Well it's my 3 year anniversary of moving down to london to be with my OH today so we're having a nice romantic meal and then off down to Woolwich for a trip on the car ferry, over to the other side then back again... a tad odd but we came over it on the journey down and I love it quite frankly lol

We met on MySpace on June 14th 2006, we met on July 21st 2006 in the flesh and I moved to London with him on 15th August 2006... talk about whirlwind romance but it's been brilliant every single day since :<3:

Especially as he rescued me from a pretty miserable and nasty relationship I was in! He really is my Knight in Shining Armour... well it's rusty at the moment as it's been in a box too long lol (He does medieval re-enactment (http://www.flickr.com/photos/stripypixiesocks/3521156951/in/set-72157618746809865/)lol)

Err... anyway... yeah, so that tonight and then more tidying, packing, putting stuff on e-Bay and generally stripping the place out to the bare essentials of what we want / need to take :)

bustagasket
15-08-2009, 03:26 PM
Oh thats a wonderful story hun!!!!! Hope you have a wonderful evening, sounds like you have every intention of doing so, and long may it continue!!

Di Sandland
15-08-2009, 04:29 PM
l (He does medieval re-enactment (http://www.flickr.com/photos/stripypixiesocks/3521156951/in/set-72157618746809865/)lol)

Err... anyway... yeah, so that tonight and then more tidying, packing, putting stuff on e-Bay and generally stripping the place out to the bare essentials of what we want / need to take :)

I once considered getting involved in re-enactment because of the style of bowls and platters I made - they wanted me! Then, sadly, the bloody Behcets took over my life.

I met my OH on July 17th, 1985 and married him on November 2nd 1985 - he was a blind date :cool:

bustagasket
15-08-2009, 04:56 PM
I met my other half at the tender age of 16. He was a blind date too!!!! (My best freinds boyfriends best friend) He told me the day after we met that he was going to marry me. I thought he had gone off his rocker and was too full of himself lol. I called it off twice lol cos he was just too wild. the last slplit was for two years, but he phoned me nearly every week, where i would try to convince him that his girlfriend must be lovely lol.

Then those two that set us up in the first place, got married, and so we met again at the wedding, and he charmed me and within two days we had finished with our respecive OH's and were back togetther again. We were engaged 3 months later and married 15 months after that. That was back in Mrch 1983, 26 years ago now for my sins :P

The Bijou Dragon
15-08-2009, 06:13 PM
Well the reason I even bothered clicking on my OH's profile was that he had a photo of his helmet (behave you rude people) and I loved re-enactment I added him and waited to see if he would add me, he did and then we didn't speak for two weeks until he sent a 'what would you do if you had me in a room for 24 hours' kind of game thing.

I was nice and polite but told him it would involve him dressing up in his armour lol

We started chatting and had more and more in common then I went out with some friends one night and they told me to go for it and get out of the situation I was in. I rolled home at about midnight and decided I would tell him I loved him which I did and then went to bed leaving my PC on, window open and everything.

Got up the next morning and though uh-oh, went down and saw my lovely e-mail all spelled wrong declaring my love and his reply was "got your e-mail, going away for the weekend and that he would get in touch with me when he came back". I kicked myself all weekend thinking I'd blown it but I hadn't LOL

I moved out of my house leaving the @sshole I was living with on the Wednesday after that and the week after that he came all the way from London up to Macclesfield to visit me... meeting both myself AND my parents in the first visit as I was living at my parents until I got myself sorted!

... and that was that... never looked back!

He certainly shows me what I was missing in my last 16 year relationship that's for sure... the one I was in before was full of mental abuse.

... and they say internet relationships and blind dates never work HA!