PDA

View Full Version : advice with silver clay please

rainbow
23-06-2011, 08:24 AM
I would like to make a pendant for my mother in laws birthday of a rose attached to a flat pendant. If I'm rolling out the clay what's the thinnest as in so many playing cards thick that I can get away wit& and still have it fire okay? Thanks guys

Dennis
23-06-2011, 10:14 AM
Hi Rainbow,
I don't do clay, but put the words in the search box, or search the metal calay section and you will bring up lots of results, for instance here: http://www.cooksongold.com/forum/metal-clay-polymer-clay-resin-mixed-media/3663-art-clay-silver-curling.html. It seems that 2.0 mm would be ok, so get out your calipers and measure your cards. Cards vary, but it could be around ten. Forums thrive on feedback, so we would like to see the results. Hope you do well, Dennis.

rainbow
24-06-2011, 01:43 PM
Thanks, for some reason I have trouble getting on here using my phone and not often got access to the computer at the moment. I will make more effort to come back but as a newbie I dont feel I have much to offer in the way of information, sorry. However I will post up my effort with the mother in laws pressie (;-) ) Was a bit naughty not searching more but time is an issue soz. Will do better shall I write lines ;-) ( am joking btw, just in case)

snow_imp
24-06-2011, 03:42 PM
I expect at least 100 repetitions of "will try harder" before you post your photos - after which I will admire the results you produce. Good luck with the pressie.

Dennis
24-06-2011, 07:59 PM
All our experiences form part of the jigsaw, so don't be shy in coming forward. Dennis.

Julia Rai
27-02-2012, 02:38 PM
Hi Rainbow,
The normal rule of thumb is that for a flat thing, 4 cards is a thin as you want to go.
Julia

medusa
27-02-2012, 05:54 PM
Hi Rainbow,
The normal rule of thumb is that for a flat thing, 4 cards is a thin as you want to go.
Julia

I think this advice might be too late for Rainbow. She hasn't posted in over 6 months.