PDA

View Full Version : silver bookmark findings

Clover
13-08-2009, 09:27 PM
Hello all,

Just wondered if anyone can suggest somewhere to get sterling silver bookmarks to add a charm/bead. I am looking to use them for pmc silver fingerprint/handprint/footprint paw print charms. The only place I can seem to find them is ebay and I dont really want to buy from there.

Any suggestions gratefully received.

Thanks
:confused:

Di Sandland
13-08-2009, 09:32 PM
Hello all,

Just wondered if anyone can suggest somewhere to get sterling silver bookmarks to add a charm/bead. I am looking to use them for pmc silver fingerprint/handprint/footprint paw print charms. The only place I can seem to find them is ebay and I dont really want to buy from there.

Any suggestions gratefully received.

Thanks
:confused:

Found this one

http://www.prettycreativeathawthornlane.com/Accessories-to-bead/Bookmarks-to-bead/C39-147-1-0.htm

and this one

http://www.spoiltrottenbeads.co.uk/handbag-charms--bookmarks-444-c.asp

Solunar Silver Studio
13-08-2009, 09:40 PM
Didn't give me a chance did you Di???:(

Di Sandland
13-08-2009, 09:42 PM
Nope - jumped in while the going was good. You was otherwise engaged with looking for invisible stones to set :X

Solunar Silver Studio
13-08-2009, 09:47 PM
...just haven't got the energy to be honest...just said goodbye to my 2 oldest grandchildren who come for tea on a Thursday and since there is no school tomorrow I couldn't get shot of them!! I'm totally pooped...but couldn't resist a quick fix to see what has been going on...and who I could insult in my own inimitable fashion:D....love you all really:X[[]] nite,niteI-)

Di Sandland
13-08-2009, 09:48 PM
nite Barbara. Sleep tight.

I-)I-)

mizgeorge
14-08-2009, 09:53 AM
If you don't want cheapy plated ones, these are incredibly easy to make from sterling wire. 2mm works best - hammer one end and punch or drill a hole, then smooth the edges. Bend this over a large mandrel (hammer handle works well). Hand shape a wiggle (if you want one) or gentle curve, then hammer flat. Textured or flat look equally good.