PDA

View Full Version : Hello from sunny Berkshire

MeadMoon
30-04-2011, 08:31 AM
Hi,

I am Elaine from Mead Moon. I love making chainmaille and anything with silver, semi-precious stones and freshwater pearls and have been making jewellery since 2005 for friends and family, then started up in business last month.

Since starting up Mead Moon I have been learning continually and having great fun. Only yesterday I discovered the terms synclastic and anticlastic after being commissioned to make a bracelet that is curved in two dimensions. Now I have to work out how to actually make it! ;)

I am very glad to be joining such a vibrant forum. Now off to a craft fair at Wisley.

LN.

lorraineflee
30-04-2011, 10:57 AM
Hi Elaine and welcome to the forum.
You need a sinusoidal stake for anticlastic raising, Michael Good has a tutorial of sorts here http://www.midcoast.com/~mgood/page2.htm
Lorraine

MeadMoon
01-05-2011, 10:26 AM
Hi Lorraine,

Thank you for the welcome and link to Michael Good's tutorial. Sorry, I was ambiguous, the bracelet that I will be making is synclastic and I can see how a sinosoidal stake would be useful for that as well.

Felmersham? that brings back memories. I was brought up in Bedford and worked at Thurleigh for a while. I remember that lovely arched bridge.

LN.