PDA

View Full Version : Is it just?

myke
13-08-2009, 09:05 PM
Are the wars that Britain is involved in Just?

The Bijou Dragon
13-08-2009, 09:55 PM
Nope, bring our lads and lasses home, kick out the scum bags and lock the borders down tight...

Either that or insist that every military aged child of any politician or Royal Family be packed off with a gun and wished good luck!

Wars would soon stop when their children were getting blown to bits and shot at I can assure you!

Let me say this though, although I do not support this Government or the wars they are fighting (which is crucifying the country to death to pay for) I do support each and every poor soul out there.

BTW do you know that the American Forces call our troops 'The Borrowers' because they have not even got a full compliment of anything including flack jackets and working guns...

I have an American friend going out to the sandy place in January and it sucks, I just hope and pray he comes back safe and well!

myke
13-08-2009, 10:11 PM
I am with you. but.why.do.we.let.it happen.? it's as if it is nothing to do with our daily life. we voted for that bastered blair and thatcher yet we cant see what it is doing to the world this country in war and glory.

Di Sandland
14-08-2009, 12:23 AM
One of the most recent soldiers to come home dead not only went to school with my boys but his mum works with my husband. When these lads come back it sends shudders through the whole community and makes us ask, 'why?'

We are impotent, but I can't understand why that should be. My youngest son (20) has Aspergers syndrome and I used to think that the army would be a good place for him - he thrives on routine although he tends to kick against the pricks, I just thought it might drive some sense into him. I am so glad that, in the end, he didn't go - to join up would have been to sign his own death warrant. This is an unwinnable war against a 'philosophy' rather than a solid, identifiable foe.

I hate this government with a vengeance and I am the least political person you could ever wish to meet. Like Myke, I can't understand why we all follow like sheep, moaning but doing nothing. Its not something I would ever do in my personal life - I'm not a moaner, I'm a doer - but how does one move against a government in a democracy?

The Bijou Dragon
14-08-2009, 02:31 AM
It's funny really I have absolutely no interest in the ins and outs of politics but I do know that the shower of err... cretins currently in control (and the ones not) are not running this country with their constituents best interests at heart.

I could go on all night about the corruption and the downright blood boiling antics at which they have been up to of late but I fear it does nothing but make me sicker for all the worrying.

The politicians seem to be stood in their ivory towers looking out to other countries with binoculars while around beneath them are their own people trying desperately to live hand-to-mouth and keep a country going which is on it's knees.

They made my OH and I live on £71 / week while we battled to prove my OH was not fit for work (which anyone could plainly see as he had under half his lung capacity and was covered head to foot Psoriasis) and they have the utter audacity (well one of them anyway) to complain this week that they are badly done to with their awful wages. HA! this coming from someone who has billions in the bank from his oil dealings in the past!

It's enough to make you cry!

Thing is, people just vote for the opposite party t 'teach the ones in power a lesson' and the next ones are just as bad if not worse and on and on it goes!

A friend of mine showed me a photo of his 'boys' out in Afghanistan a few years ago and I nearly cried, I had to ask him if half of their mothers even knew they were out so late... so awful that these kids (and they are kids) are put on the front line for what? ... utter greed is all I can see!

*sigh* :(|