PDA

View Full Version : Be honest...

medusa
19-02-2011, 08:17 PM
what do you think of this? it's one end of a lariat necklace.

sonia
19-02-2011, 09:41 PM
It's a pretty colour. What is it made of?

Sonia
x

medusa
19-02-2011, 09:57 PM
It's coral, but the dyed stuff. I'm not sure about it.

Joe
19-02-2011, 10:01 PM
Er, it's a "no" from me!

medusa
20-02-2011, 03:18 PM
Er, it's a "no" from me!

Care to expand, Joe? and you can be brutal. I have my big girl's knickers on! :)

Tabby66
20-02-2011, 04:39 PM
Sorry Medusa, it's a no from me too. I'm not sure if it's the background you have taken the picture on but it looks plastic, maybe if we could see the whole piece as it's meant to be worn, I could offer a better opinion!

abyjem
20-02-2011, 04:50 PM
OK you said be honest - I think its a bit chunky and angular - looks as though its been added on as a bit of an afterthought.

Myosotis
20-02-2011, 05:44 PM
I think its the way my mind works but to me it looks a bit like a section of artery or similar

Joe
20-02-2011, 07:53 PM
Shudder... Myosotis hit it clearly... it looks organic but not in a good way! I might not stay very long at a stand that had this amongst the items on show.

It's good and valuable to get reactions - customers are going to feel similar things but not tell you why they walked off.

On the other hand, it can be good to challenge for some markets; there are places where people will recognise and explore their initial aversion to something; perhaps buying a piece for the precise reason that it generates an emotional response.

Myosotis
20-02-2011, 08:54 PM
Shudder... Myosotis hit it clearly... it looks organic but not in a good way! I might not stay very long at a stand that had this amongst the items on show.

It's good and valuable to get reactions - customers are going to feel similar things but not tell you why they walked off.

On the other hand, it can be good to challenge for some markets; there are places where people will recognise and explore their initial aversion to something; perhaps buying a piece for the precise reason that it generates an emotional response.

I think its more a combination of the shape with that deep red that gives me a bit of an "eeuw" reaction - it might look quite nice if it had been dyed a different colour.

medusa
20-02-2011, 09:50 PM
Thank you all for the feedback!

Sorry Medusa, it's a no from me too. I'm not sure if it's the background you have taken the picture on but it looks plastic, maybe if we could see the whole piece as it's meant to be worn, I could offer a better opinion!

meh, even in the flesh so to speak people says it looks plastic. I just did this on the phone cam but even if I set up the light tent, I don't think it would look much better

OK you said be honest - I think its a bit chunky and angular - looks as though its been added on as a bit of an afterthought.

it is kind of. I expected to get much smaller pieces. I assumed the photo on the website was much magnified and I'd have a cluster of 6 or 7 bits.

I think its the way my mind works but to me it looks a bit like a section of artery or similar

most have said a chili pepper. I think artery is a slight improvement!

I understand about buying a piece of jewellery that is slightly aversive, but I think the problem with this one is the aesthetics. I'm just not convinced it looks good using any criteria. I'm toying with the idea of a snake skull which will put lots of people off, but will have a degree of aesthetic elegance to it (I hope!).

apollinaire35
11-03-2011, 12:56 PM
i like it. its different

Smith
12-03-2011, 09:45 AM
That took me a while to figure out what that is on the pic hah...
Well, as for me, I too think I've seen better..

medusa
12-03-2011, 06:46 PM
i like it. its different
it doesn't look plasticky?

That took me a while to figure out what that is on the pic hah...
Well, as for me, I too think I've seen better..
better way to mount coral or just better coral full stop?

I've never done any wire wrapping before and wasn't quite shure how to go about it.