PDA

View Full Version : Hello from USA

justjud
27-01-2011, 12:54 PM
Hello everyone! Judson here. I'm from Clanton, a small town in the center of the state of Alabama. I've been a master jeweler since the age of 18. I know, standards are different here for that title, but I literally haved devoted my life to the industry. My father went to work in ajewelry store at the age of 19 so you might say I was born into it. As a child I hovered around the watchmakers bench and the jewelers bench. I didn't care much for the sales floor so that's where my love for being a bench jeweler began. Like a child with wildflowers for mom or a refrigerator Piccaso I love seeing faces light up when they see a creation for the first time.
At the age of 29, my father opened his own store. I started at the usual spot. Sweeping, carrying the garbage out and such but still hnging around the bench. By the time I was fourteen, I was doing repairs for the public. My father loved to sell and I prefered the bench so it made a wonderful combination. 36 years after my Father , with my Mother by his side, started what became one of the most recognized stores in the southeast the store closed. My mother lost a 6 year battle with cancer and my father grieved himself to death 9 months later. My sister inherited the business and I inherited the 170 acre farm. It was my parents and now my piece of heaven on earth. I am building my studio looking over my 30 acre lake for inspiration in a new area of the jewelry world. This is what led me to this forum. I still do the repairs for my sisters new store but I am devoting most of my time to art jewelry and art in general. I have already been inspired from the short time I've spent here and I thank you for this opportunity to connect with others!

Tabby66
27-01-2011, 05:27 PM
Hi Judson,
Welcome! It will be lovely to see some of your work and to share ideas (and gain from your experience!!).
Tabby

Dennis
27-01-2011, 08:51 PM
Welcome Hudson, Post some Pix and share some Tricks. Kind regards, Dennis.

lorraineflee
28-01-2011, 10:41 AM
Hi Judson, looking forward to seeing some of your work. Welcome to the forum!
Lorraine

DragonflyLynne
28-01-2011, 05:35 PM
Hello Judson, great to meet you! :)