PDA

View Full Version : Twisted wire?

teatowell
25-01-2011, 09:52 AM
All I seem to do on here is ask questions but here goes with another one!

In the past I have been give pendants which are on a necklace of fine twisted wire. It looks almost industrial. Where can I purchase some - I need it to be very fine and does it come in sterling silver?

Many thanks if anyone can help.

Ok, so further reasearch suggests I am looking for tigertail. Still want to know a good supplier and if it comes in sterling silver. Also what diameter to use - got beads of 6.5-7mm?

Kwant
25-01-2011, 02:40 PM
Hi there, I am not sure what tigertail is but from your first description it sounds like this stuff http://www.cooksongold.com/Loose-Chain/Silver-Cable-Wire-0.8mm-prcode-WVE-4N1

rashbel have 0.65 of the same type of thing

teatowell
25-01-2011, 03:33 PM
Thanks Kwant,

That's exactly the stuff I was looking for. Is 0.65 the right sort of dimension for the beads I have? I've only ever used string or elastic before!

Kwant
25-01-2011, 04:04 PM
It will depend on the diameter of the hole in the beads, I have noticed quite a few of the beads I was given at Christmas have holes of 0.5 others are 0.8 and still others are 1.0 mm. You could try getting some cheap steel wire from the hardware store in 0.5 and 0.8mm to test the diameter of the holes before investing in the sterling cable. I do not know of a supplier who does cable in less than 0.65 but other folks might.