PDA

View Full Version : Boxing Hares

Tabby66
17-12-2010, 09:42 PM
Hi,
I thought I would show you a brooch I finished today - Boxing Hares - I would have liked to have made my own brooch pin and clasp and hence the previous question about pin wire :)

I ended up cutting the centre out of a bought pin and clasp.
Kind regards

Tabby

Kwant
18-12-2010, 09:00 AM
Lovely piece, especially like the texturing on bellies and tails, is that engraved?

Dennis
18-12-2010, 11:39 AM
Well the main thing is that you succeeded, Jill. Somebody wiil be proud to wear you brooch. Dennis.

Tabby66
18-12-2010, 02:02 PM
Thank you both. I enjoyed making them, they're for my sister in Law, "commissioned" by my father in law.

It's frosted Kwant with a small frosting wheel on my foredom.

Tabby

Kwant
18-12-2010, 03:32 PM
Thanks, apparently Santa is bringing me a Foredom at Christmas I will have to get myself one of those frosting wheels as I currently achieve a similar effect using a rough point thing on my Dremmel but it takes ages.

Tabby66
18-12-2010, 07:53 PM
Thanks, apparently Santa is bringing me a Foredom at Christmas I will have to get myself one of those frosting wheels as I currently achieve a similar effect using a rough point thing on my Dremmel but it takes ages.

My foredom was a present and I love it!

The frosting wheel is a great little attachment, not only can it hide the odd "blemish" but it gives a great finish - very quickly! Just hang onto whatever item your frosting, I still haven't found a finished silver number "24" which I had almost finished and thought "just that bit" and it flew off and remains unfound!! BTW - wear safety goggles ;-)

Tabby