PDA

View Full Version : Upcoming jewellery fairs

Dawny
06-07-2009, 01:56 PM
I'm new to jewellery, consequently I am not entirely in the know yet and don't have a vast number of contacts. Could anyone point out whats probably obvious to you guys and let me know where the best jewellery shows are located and when in the coming months.

I'd be really keen to go and attend some.

HMPjewellery
07-07-2009, 10:50 PM
Hi Dawny.

A couple coming up actually, Dorset is a difficult place for shows i agree.

CREATE - Walford Mill crafts, wimborne

Debut2 - Flux'n'Flame Jewellery School
(Amazing Jewellery school)

they also often have open studio days in bridport which are sometime quite good.

hope to see you at some of these :p

hannah x

sparky01
21-07-2009, 01:07 PM
Hi Dawny

I love bead fairs! I've been to quite a few over the last couple of years and its great to be able to see the beads up close rather than viewing over the internet. As for upcoming bead fairs, here's a list I have:

I don't think I'm allowed to post links yet, but do a google search for 'Gem n bead' and 'Rock n gem' - they both do bead fairs up and down the country throughout the year. The best bead fair by far has to be the The Big Bead Show on 17th October at Sandown Park - a bit of a trek I know but is totally worth it. I'm off to one this Sunday 26th at Ardingly which is in Sussex, a trek again!

There are a couple of 'Rock n Gem' and 'Gem n Bead' shows coming up in Somerset and Newton Abbot from early Sept onwards which may be closer for you. Other than that, do a google search on 'West of England events', you've missed the bead fair near you this year, there's one at Wincanton Racecourse in June but maybe next year?

Happy beading

Stephanie

sparky01
21-07-2009, 01:22 PM
Hi Dawny

I've just re-read your entry and you mentioned jewellery shows, not bead fairs. Ah well, hopefully this post will be helpful to someone!?!?!

Have fun

Stephanie

Petal
04-08-2009, 03:53 PM
I know someone who goes to the IJL in London - she says its excellent and their prices are below their quoted website prices. They usually go to the event two times, once on the first day for the stuff that quickly sells out (and isn't replaced) and then on the last day to get the bargains. The dealers sometimes have a minimum order value, but later on (probably the last day) you can pick and choose.

I've been to the Spring Fair at the NEC for tools, books, packaging and display busts and found it really excellent. I never got round to gemstones/beads - now that would be fun. I could quite happily have spent all day there and left my OH in the OH's creche! :-D Actually, he's very useful for a 2nd opinion on things and also stops me going absolutely bonkers buying stuff I don't need !!! :D

JasonJohn - Let us know how you get on at the IJL .... and what you think about it?

:cheers:

Jules

Lindyloo
04-08-2009, 07:18 PM
Do the tools suppliers also drop their prices? I am in the market for a barrel polisher.:Y:

bustagasket
04-08-2009, 07:28 PM
If you can make it to London in September then this one is unmissable

http://www.jewellerylondon.com/page.cfm/NewSection=Yes/GoSection=0

I am going on the last day as my tutor said you can usually buy stuff as the dealers are closing down their displays when the show wraps up. :Y:

I was told by a friend who hused to make a little jewellery about the london one and i was hoping he still went so i could tag along, but unfortunately he doesnt go anymore :( Maybe one day i will pluck up the courage to go to one of the shows, I would be like a kiddy in a candy store lol.

bustagasket
05-08-2009, 11:33 AM
Su, apply for a free ticket. I will meet up with you, we can have a right whale of a time parousing the shineys and you can monitor my spending.

Come to think of it everyone who has spare time should book, it's free and we can have a good old cooksons custie day out. :Y:

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO where do you get a free ticket?

bustagasket
05-08-2009, 11:57 AM
Just click on the link posted earlier in this thread which takes you to IJL website and register for a lanyard.

Once you have your free pass you can come and go on any of the days for free.

I just put myself down as a student silversmith.

oooo gonna go and look now (she says with her fingers covered in silver dust from holding the spiral i am sawing for split rings lol, makes the keyboard shimmer tho :P)

bustagasket
05-08-2009, 12:04 PM
cant see anything about a lanyard, but i am registering but they almost want to know what colour underwear i have!!! As for if i have any influence in buying, if i say no that dont look good but if i say yes they want figures - i'll go back to that one!

julie
05-08-2009, 12:07 PM
su put you a student you will get your free ticket :Y:

bustagasket
05-08-2009, 12:13 PM
well i've done it - i think - i have a badge number anyway :D

Atelier Ava
05-08-2009, 04:05 PM
I have'nt been to one of these shows in years, so just registered.
Mm I can feel tired legs coming on already.
Paula

julie
05-08-2009, 04:38 PM
oh yeah "FLATS" a must :Y:

bustagasket
05-08-2009, 06:13 PM
i am rather excited now, need to save pennies and stuff Jason you are my hero, i certainly wouldnt go if i was on my own :D

bustagasket
05-08-2009, 07:31 PM
I don't mind being your chaperone Su, besides would be nice if we can get a few more people interested, come on guys, the more the merrier. :Y:

Just make sure you smack me if I try to spend too much!

Yes a group would be fantastic, and Jason i promis i will smack your hand if you smack mine lol, i am saving up for this lol

julie
05-08-2009, 08:20 PM
I don't mind being your chaperone Su, besides would be nice if we can get a few more people interested, come on guys, the more the merrier. :Y:

Just make sure you smack me if I try to spend too much!

if i save my enough pennies i might join you guys ...

bustagasket
05-08-2009, 08:21 PM
Oh i do hope you can make it Julie!

bustagasket
06-08-2009, 10:47 AM
I told hubby last night and he said ok (would have been reminded of all the trips he makes if he said no) and i told him entry was free, i just kinda failed to mention what it might cost inside heehee

MuranoSilver
06-08-2009, 11:20 AM
I'm going on the Sunday & would love to say hi if anyone else is planning for that day :D
nic x

julie
06-08-2009, 03:24 PM
Sunday is the only day i can go .... jason ??? su ??? that day any good ??? i'm under tonbridge & malling so i'm on route via train from hastings to london :D

bustagasket
06-08-2009, 04:21 PM
Can definitely do Sunday people, fantastic. Let's hope Su is available then!

Come on Su, tell the other half he can cook Sunday lunch for the kids and come out to play with us. :D

I am on the London to Hastings line Julie, nearer the time we will have to arrange what trains we are all getting, we may be able to time it for the same train.

Come on people, there is a small clatch of us going now, sign up...JOIN US!

He will be fishing anyway - the only thing i will have to arrange is my son getting to work and being picked up, but Pete can give up something of his for a change and do the taxiing :D

Di Sandland
06-08-2009, 05:08 PM
Too bloody far away :'(

Ominicci
06-08-2009, 05:12 PM
Weeeeeeeelllll I don't have anything on the calendar for that day.... and if I get in quick with the advance train tickets it might only be £10 each way.... will check with OH when he gets back from LONDON later tonight!!

julie
06-08-2009, 05:25 PM
advance train tickets ??? i'l have to look into that too "Savings"... :D

Atelier Ava
07-08-2009, 08:09 AM
I am in too, just got to get Max in for a weekend holiday break! I am at the beginning of the line in sunny old Hastings.
Paula

julie
07-08-2009, 08:17 AM
great hastings to london train filling up :Y:

Solunar Silver Studio
07-08-2009, 08:23 AM
I guess I'll have to make do with the thumbnails on the website!!:'( You'll have to tell all us 'Notherners' all about it when you get back!

bustagasket
07-08-2009, 12:09 PM
I am in too, just got to get Max in for a weekend holiday break! I am at the beginning of the line in sunny old Hastings.
Paula

Well looks like we will be getting on the train together Paula, cos it makes more sence for me to join it at Hastings not been there since they improved it, but as long as i can park it will be good, r we can go in one car if you like, save parking two of them?

julie
07-08-2009, 12:16 PM
:~: out the window when you get into tonbridge station :Y:

bustagasket
07-08-2009, 02:01 PM
:~: out the window when you get into tonbridge station :Y:

Waving i can do, i guess we should e gratefull you didnt want us to wave our knickers out the window, although we dont know what anyone looks like - well apart from Jason, we shall have to decide on a code lmao
:-"

julie
07-08-2009, 02:59 PM
Waving i can do, i guess we should e gratefull you didnt want us to wave our knickers out the window, although we dont know what anyone looks like - well apart from Jason, we shall have to decide on a code lmao
:-"

there is a photo of me on my facebook - wilkie14

bustagasket
07-08-2009, 04:21 PM

i just typed that in but it didnt find you :( I am under Su' Anscombe if anyone wants to add me, just say you are from here and i will click lol

julie
07-08-2009, 04:27 PM
found you on facebook :Y:

bustagasket
07-08-2009, 04:39 PM
Got you :D

Di Sandland
08-08-2009, 08:59 AM
ooh, me to - Dianne Sandland on FB

bustagasket
08-08-2009, 10:20 AM
ooh, me to - Dianne Sandland on FB

Why can i never find anyone on FB :(

bustagasket
08-08-2009, 10:25 AM
Di are you on ethere with just one n in your name and a piccy sitting at a garden table?

Di Sandland
08-08-2009, 01:33 PM
No [-X Very fussy about my two n's - sent you a friend request.

bustagasket
08-08-2009, 01:39 PM
i got it, i dont know why i never find anyone :(

Ominicci
09-08-2009, 12:01 AM
NickyWalters1 for me (if I remember correctly - can't find where it says what username I am!)

Di Sandland
09-08-2009, 12:21 AM
NickyWalters1 for me (if I remember correctly - can't find where it says what username I am!)

Nope :N: ( did you know this thing insists on 10 characters, which puts paid to my customary one-word answers)

Ah - found you

bustagasket
09-08-2009, 08:45 AM
i got you :)

Di Sandland
09-08-2009, 10:06 AM

There are also pics of Julie's work, which is gorgeous :-p

julie
09-08-2009, 08:07 PM
thanks di []

Atelier Ava
11-08-2009, 12:00 PM
Well looks like we will be getting on the train together Paula, cos it makes more sence for me to join it at Hastings not been there since they improved it, but as long as i can park it will be good, r we can go in one car if you like, save parking two of them?

Sorry Su only just recovered from a busy Open Studio weekend and am now back in the land of the living, sort of. Will get in touch with you to make arrangments.
Paula

bustagasket
11-08-2009, 02:06 PM
no probs hun we have plenty of time :D

Caroline Foulkes
11-08-2009, 09:34 PM
This looks fab and am dead jealous of y'all who are going - I will be on holiday in Mallorca (hopefully!). Sadly think even if I was in the country it would be difficult to make it from here...:(

AlexandraBuckle
11-08-2009, 10:01 PM
Yeah me too - wish i could go but its the week before I get married =:-O