PDA

View Full Version : Evening everyone !

carolineb
05-12-2010, 07:32 PM
Just thought I'd get back into this forum lark.......although I started silversmithing centuries ago I have only returned to it in the past 18mths......I attend evening classes...but I must say I'm disappointed at the quality of the tutor this year. SO I tend to just use the facilties and do my own sweet thing.

I've started to sell some of my work at work and would love to be able to do more than I am at the moment. I'm trying to save up to have my own workshop space in the garden as I'm currently using my kitchen as my workspace...not ideal. I have manged so far with improvisation and make do but if anyone knows of an outlet for second hand jewellers tools etc 'up north' please give me a shout.

Speak soon!

Carolineb:~:

abyjem
05-12-2010, 07:35 PM
Hi Caroline, its a bit lonely in here tonight isnt it! lol
wherebouts are you "up north" ? I'm in Cumbria. I am also improvising in my kitchen - certainly not ideal - especially when OH needs to get to the microwave to make toast - pesky man! Hopefully I will have my own workshop once the extension is built - cant wait.

Tabby66
05-12-2010, 08:09 PM
Hi Caroline,
Welcome, I'm slowly managing to take over our front room - taking a bit of stealth but expanding slowly!!
Tabby

mizgeorge
05-12-2010, 08:29 PM
How do you make toast in a microwave Faith?

Hi Caroline :)

abyjem
05-12-2010, 08:50 PM
Its a multi-function thing George, roasts, toasts, grills, microwaves etc. I just call it a microwave cos its easier than saying multi-functional ........ etc - and he's a pain expecting to use it when I am busy creating - lol

sonia
05-12-2010, 09:01 PM
Hi and Welcome.

I am just about to expand into my son's old bedroom from my space under the stairs!

Sonia
x

Dennis
05-12-2010, 09:42 PM
Welcome back to the Forum, Caroline.
Ah, toast thickly spread with butter and borax...it's loverly.
Dennis.

sheepy
06-12-2010, 04:59 PM
Hi everyone,

I'm up north too, in cheshire. I progressed from the kitchen; I thought cutting glass for a decorative panel was too risky in the food area, too my garden table then, luxury of luxury's, a shed. its draughty, i'm going to get some of the sheet insulation for it but I've coped with it for a couple of years now & I just love my space.

I take the kettle in with me & may just try out toast with my gas torch!

Sarah

abyjem
06-12-2010, 07:58 PM
Welcome back to the Forum, Caroline.
Ah, toast thickly spread with butter and borax...it's loverly.
Dennis.

dont forget the solder paillons that have gone flying off and the odd sliver of silver - very tasty - lol