PDA

View Full Version : Roller chain

PaulCrompton
08-11-2010, 01:59 PM
First post and already asking for help.

I have been asked for gold roller chain and the way it was described to me it sounded like a Belcher within a Belcher. The idea is that as a necklace, for example, it moves smoothly over the skin.

I have searched Cooksons and the internet in general for a manufacturer/supplier (UK) with no success, perhaps it goes by another name. If anyone can help with this I would be very appreciative.

Regards

Paul Crompton

PureGold
09-11-2010, 07:15 AM
Could possibly be a rolo chain see the illustration and info at Recognizing Popular Jewelry Chains (http://jewelry.about.com/od/jewelrycomponents/ig/Jewelry-Chains/Rolo-Chain.htm)

mizgeorge
09-11-2010, 08:16 AM
I'd agree, I suspect your customer is looking for rolo chain. It's a very smooth chain - nice to wear and good strength too.

PaulCrompton
09-11-2010, 11:28 AM
Thanks for the replies.

The rolo chain looks, to me, like a Belcher but is along the right lines. Looking into it further a roller chain is a Curb chain with a Belcher link, or similar, over each Curb link so is much tighter than the rolo (or Belcher). I have made up a sample from plated chain to show the customer but he might get a shock when he is told the price for a 5mm 9ct 18 inch necklace.

Regards

Paul