PDA

View Full Version : In Vogue!

HMPjewellery
14-10-2010, 08:01 AM
Well. I am really not one to blow my own trumpet usually, and keep myself quite quiet about my bejewelements, which I'm starting to learn is a fault of mine. So here goes....
I was recently in the October's Issue of Vogue! I still cant believe it when I say it to people! haha, It has all gone really well, I was contacted through my website by this lovely lady and the rest is history.
The orders have been going delightfully well, slowing down now but still incoming. Heres a link to it of you fancy a look...
HannahMary Jewellery Vogue (http://hannahmary.moonfruit.com/#/outlets-publications/4533826140)
Now, Im just trying to keep the ball rolling, I've had a fair amount of interest form other magazines etc. Including the 'Gold Directory' I just wondered if any of you fab people new anything much about this mini yellow pages for the rich and famous? I have the basic low down on it, just not anything about peoples actual experience with it. If so do you think its really worth the time and money they are offering? It seems to linger about for 6 months as they only release it twice a year, which could be a bonus?

Im all of a dither and overwhelmed with it all really... I've EVEN opened a business bank account!

Mia
14-10-2010, 10:07 AM
Well done.

caroleallen
14-10-2010, 10:40 AM
Well done you. Did they do it for free? I've been asked but never for free. I also see you're local to me, so I expect I've seen your work before.

ahunter
14-10-2010, 12:32 PM
Fantastic news, & its really great that secured orders as a direct result.
So pleased for you.

London Jewellery School
11-01-2011, 05:42 PM
Excellent news! Have you noticed any increase in sales from this?

We were in Vogue about a year ago but it is always difficult to say weather it actually brings in more sales.

I guess at the very least you can put it on your website 'As seen in Vogue'

Happy Making

Jessica x

Arborvita
11-01-2011, 06:36 PM
One day......hopefully, one day we can get our stuff in there too...... :)

mizgeorge
11-01-2011, 07:11 PM
One day......hopefully, one day we can get our stuff in there too...... :)

Arborvita, anyone can be in Vogue (and most other publications for that matter). You pay for the insertion - it's a type of advertorial. Rates vary from mag to mag, and results seem to be mixed, but I know it's worked well for some people.

FacetNation
11-01-2011, 07:48 PM
How much interest / sales would you say you got from this Hannah, and how soon after it was published did you notice?

I have an ad going in the march issue, so fingers crossed for some results! The cost was pretty good considering how many people read the magazine, versus say a stand at a craft fair where I may not even cover the cost of a stand or my travelling fees.

HannahJewelleryDesigns
14-01-2011, 09:06 PM
Hi all, I have an ad going in the March edition as well so will be interested to know how well you do from it too, FacetNation (if you dont mind me asking!) maybe between us we can get a good idea of how worthwhile it is for all us sole traders!