PDA

View Full Version : Help Creating an Invoice

FacetNation
05-10-2010, 09:08 PM
Hi all,

I am going to need to provide my employer with an invoice soon, for the sale of my jewellery through their company. They are then going to pay me separately so I put it through my self emploment books.

Anyone know of any links or online help for putting together a professional invoice? As I havent sold this way before & havent a clue what I will need to put down on paper!

Any advice appreciated :)

Joe
05-10-2010, 10:46 PM
There are some basic rules, the rest is down to your own style!

You MUST have the value; the invoice date; the name of the recipient (you) and the name of the person being invoiced (this company).

If you have a registered company yourself, you must add your company registration number.

If you are registered for VAT you must have your VAT number and you must indicate what part of the invoice is VAT. If not, you must not charge VAT.

Ideally you should add a unique invoice number for each invoice you issue so that the invoice can be identified officially - just a number counting up from 1.

You might also add your bank details so they can pay you on BACS - they'll only phone you up if you don't tell them on the invoice and get it wrong twice!

Mia
06-10-2010, 08:42 AM
I personally wouldn't put banking details on the face of the invoice. Supply these on a separate covering letter when setting up the new business relationship.
The turnover limit for registration for VAT is currently £70,000.
If you are not registered you do not charge VAT but then you cannot reclaim input VAT on your supplies etc.
It is possible to apply for voluntary registration before you reach the turnover limit but I suggest you would need to be reclaiming a substantial amount of input tax to make this worthwhile.
Mia.

FacetNation
06-10-2010, 08:04 PM
Thanks for the help guys - much appreciated! :)