PDA

View Full Version : So who can't sleep... and why?

The Bijou Dragon
09-08-2009, 01:49 AM
Well there seems to be some night owls on this forum, why are you up?

I'm up because of Bill Bailey lol... he tweeted about Stone Henge and set me off on the wanting to visit it! OH started watching archaeology videos about it and I ended up looking at London Museums (I get easily distracted #-o ).

The upshot is we're adding in Stone Henge to our itinerary when we go to see some houses in Cornwall, stopping off on the way for lunch and we're off to the National Maritime Museum in Greenwich tomorrow as well :Y:

Di Sandland
09-08-2009, 08:01 AM
ach! I missed your reply. Me? I'm always up :'( Then, come the morning all I want to do is sleep. :confused:

Stonehenge and ancient history fascinate me - more for the spiritual side of things.

The Bijou Dragon
09-08-2009, 11:30 AM
Thing is I feel sleepy all day then come about 11pm... *ping*... wide awake lol

Yeah Stone Henge is a little bit special for me also for spiritual reasons. I almost followed the path of Druidism years ago but kind of veered off down my own path of spiritualism, mostly Pagan but with some added extras as I have always been very interested in Native Indian (American Indian) spirituality :D

kymbi
09-08-2009, 12:55 PM
Stonehenge is special but sadly I think the amount of visitors has spoilt the atmosphere. I remember going donkeys years ago on a bright chilly day and it was magical; I went back 2 years ago returning from a trip to Cornwall (coincidentally) and returned to the car before I got to the fence, leaving OH and son to go onto the site ~ mid-afternoon on a Saturday in mid-September and heaving with tourists waving big cameras traipsing backwards and forwards from the coaches. Took the magic away for me I'm afraid. :N:

The Bijou Dragon
09-08-2009, 01:38 PM
You can get special permission to go up to the monument itself but they do it in the morning before visitors get there... it's well worth doing imho and is probably what I would do :)

Di Sandland
09-08-2009, 06:16 PM
. I almost followed the path of Druidism years ago but kind of veered off down my own path of spiritualism, mostly Pagan but with some added extras as I have always been very interested in Native Indian (American Indian) spirituality :D

Snap! Pagan/Hedge Witch

Charlotte
09-08-2009, 07:15 PM
I went to stone henge a while back, it was very interesting but it as a bitterly cold day. Also if you get the tape tour could you please tell me what 'nine large elephants' did because both me and my friend were talking and missed it and its always bothered me;)

The Bijou Dragon
09-08-2009, 08:38 PM
I went to stone henge a while back, it was very interesting but it as a bitterly cold day. Also if you get the tape tour could you please tell me what 'nine large elephants' did because both me and my friend were talking and missed it and its always bothered me;)

Are you sure it didn't say Nine Stone Monoliths? I know quite a bit about Stone Henge and never heard anything about Elephants [-X

Snap! Pagan/Hedge Witch

Yep :D Funny really alot of creative people seem to be Pagans especially ones that work with Silver I have noticed!