PDA

View Full Version : hi there new member from largs on the west coast of scotland.

silversusan73
03-10-2010, 05:18 PM
Hi there to you all im a new member from Scotland. Ive been making jewellery for mmm.. 20 odd years. I studied at college in glasgow. Jewellery designing for me is a passion not just a job. Over the years ive had times when the ideas have been flowing and times when they have dried up does anyone else get this??? Recently i have been have touble designing i just dont know where to start i seem to be repeating the same old thing any ideas or fresh approaches? Ive put on some pictures of the sort of work i do commets would be nice THANX.....

fi79
03-10-2010, 06:32 PM
Hi Susan,

Welcome to a fellow Scot!! I'm in Uddingston in Lanarkshire. I love your work the colours are beautiful. I'm nowhere near youre level - I've been working with PMC for the past year and have just started a Saturday morning class at the Glasgow Met college doing some silversmithing. One day I hope to be able to make pieces like yours!

I know what you mean about inspiration . I find ideas coming to me at really inconvenient times when I can't work then when I have the chance I run dry!! Anyway, I hope you enjoy the forum.

Fi x

Dennis
03-10-2010, 07:51 PM
Hi Susan, beautiful work. Maybe it's telling you to give it a rest and come back fresh later. Some of the things that start me off again are:
Going to a good jewellery show,
Looking at my old notebooks and finding an idea that is suddenly possible,
The challenge of doing something with some new exotic stones I have bought
Welcome to the forum, Dennis.

snow_imp
04-10-2010, 07:35 AM
Hi Susan - love the colours in the first piece. Welcome to the forum.

foidster
04-10-2010, 09:29 AM
Lovely work!

lorraineflee
04-10-2010, 10:52 AM
Hi Susan, welcome to the forum. I love the second piece, super colour.
Lorraine

AlexandraBuckle
04-10-2010, 11:35 AM
Welcome Susan :~: stunning work!

silversusan73
04-10-2010, 02:45 PM
Thanx everyone for the warm welcome and nice comments x :ta: