PDA

View Full Version : Animal themed charms

Petal
08-08-2009, 06:32 PM
Hi Guys,

I've been searching the web for UK based suppliers of sterling silver/pewter animal charms for some bracelets I'm making - :"> Does anyone know of any suppliers that they could recommend. I've tried the obvious (Cooksons), but to no avail...

My particular choices are:- ducks, geese, pigeons, hares, rabbits ... can you tell what sport they are for yet? :-D

Thanks in advance

[-o<

[] Jules

Peaches
11-08-2009, 10:58 AM
Petal, not sure of where to source them, but Im also looking for bees, in pewter, silver or even glass beads. I will keep my eyes peeled and if I find any, will let you know :)

Di Sandland
11-08-2009, 01:26 PM
but Im also looking for bees

Ah - so am I. I bought one Tibetan silver bead from a company called B is for Beads (http://www.b-for-beads.co.uk/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=8_69&products_id=1343) but, sadly, I can't use it - it's very poor quality.

Solunar Silver Studio
11-08-2009, 01:45 PM
Have a look at these 2 sites girls....don't you lot ever google?:rolleyes:

This one seems to have a lot of variety...and quite reasonable images...
www.charmschooluk.com/sterling-silver-charms-1-c.asp

And this one has a search function (top left of page) and certainly has a range of ducks and bees - I had a quick look...
www.jewelleryenchantments.co.uk

Both appear to be UK and reasonably priced....but don't hold me to that - I've only had a quick look at both of them!;)

Di Sandland
11-08-2009, 01:49 PM
Barbara, you're a bloody hero! The second site has some wonderful bee-themed charms.

I do Google, I am an inveterate googler but (please don't laugh too hard) I never thought to put the word 'charm' into my search :(|

Solunar Silver Studio
11-08-2009, 02:03 PM
I'm saying nothing...nothing at all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:rofl:

Peaches
11-08-2009, 02:50 PM
erm... Ditto #-o

thanks Barbara

Petal
11-08-2009, 06:09 PM
Well, all I can say is, I'm absolutely speechless !!!! :Y:

I'd tried googling charms, animal charms, silver charms you name it, even pheasant charms, rabbit charms .. but without success. I don't know how do you do it Barbara, 'cos I've been googling too, but with no luck -you're a life saver. Yipeeee

You've now enabled me to have another outlet for my sparklies, cos I'm going to have a go at selling my stuff at the local pigeon shoot! I'll let you know how I get on, once I've ordered those charms. Thanks a million []:X

Lots a luv
Jules x

Solunar Silver Studio
11-08-2009, 06:18 PM
You're welcome...what can I say...I'm just a genius!!:-D

I must say - I would never have guessed you could sell jewelelry at a pigeon shoot... Go at 'em girl!! I can't see you having much competition!!:D

Petal
11-08-2009, 07:01 PM
Now you know why I was looking for pigeons in my repetoir of charms,.... but they didn't have any, but the DID have pheasants - perfect! I am in Hunting/shooting/fishing territory, so I might as well try and sell some jewellery as well!

Mind you, when the shoots on, it does sound a bit like being in a war zone sometimes! =:-O :-D

off to do some gardening now... (I need to de-stress, as I had another customer come round today :Y:and I always get absolutely terrified that they will ask a question I can't answer ahhhhhhhh ), then its back for a large glass of red wine (tempranillo) and I'll feel much better (phew)!:cheers:

Lotsaluv
Jules x

EmmaRose
11-08-2009, 08:07 PM
I know some US suppliers but that is all....
E

Peaches
02-09-2009, 01:03 PM
Hey All

In my search for trying to find wine glass charm findings I found a fabulous site where you can buy them ready made, but not bent, so there is less chance of the wires breaking! They are cheap, and are the only place I have found them to date: http://www.essesea.co.uk

:o:o

Emerald
02-09-2009, 01:42 PM
www.spellboundbead.co.uk and i think www.bijouxbeads.co.uk also have good selctions of pewter charms.

HedgeWitch
08-01-2010, 08:48 PM
Theres here too:
925silvercharms.co.uk

but they are pricier than i remember. I've not bought charms in a wee while.

bob flemming
09-01-2010, 11:26 AM
Hello HedgeWitch, I think I recognise your name from another forum?

I can recommend both 925silvercharms and the enchantments one that someone else mentioned. I've had good service from both.