PDA

View Full Version : I've grown to big!!!

bustagasket
08-08-2009, 01:39 PM
lol, well this morning Pete went up to the garage to get his fishing stuff (he and Val bought a new boat last night, they got back at 3.45am!!!!!) and i had a delivery from cooksons yesterday and so he bought it home. I am so excited whenever i get a delivery, in it i had some polishing mop things for my dremel( gotta dig that out and check it still works today, used to use it to clean the bikes :D), a little bit of sheet silver (10cm sq cant afford more in one go), and an asbestos substitute sheet, which has arrived broken :( but as i dont send stuff back cos i am a wuss, i have decided i will keep it and break it a bit more for props to hold things when i am soldering on my little block. I also got some reamers and glue for my beads (at last) and my little vice ready for when i finally get a bench, and some other little bits and pieces. I sat sorting them all out with a silly grin on my face and putting everything away into the two fishing boxes i have for jewellry and my mum was in here (as usual) and she said "I think you need more boxes" lol. So i said, "if i had a workroom most of this stuff would be on the bench and i would only need one to put stuff in to take to college with me".

Must admit, they are not huge boxes but even with the small amount of stuff i have gathered so far, it is getting hard to close them lol. One box has the bulky stuff like my hand drill, blowtorch, gas, saw and files etc and that pretty much fills it up lol with my soldering tools and little bits in the tray, but all that would be on the bench :(

So i really need my son to move his stuff out if he has left home like he says, then i can get into his room and use his wardrobes to store all my other craft stuff like for the cards and bouquets, and then he has a built in wardrobe which lends itself to strong shelving to home all my blank candles that at the moment are falling all over the spare bed (i have about 300 of them lol) and then the room could be set up with seperate working areas for each craft (its a 12.6 x 12.6 room) and i could have a nice jewellry area (this is always assuming i can get pete to gve up fishing long enough to do some shelving and to somehow make some work areas.) I can see it all in my head but whether it happens is another matter. I dont care if the bench is made from an old door or something long as its strong enough to take the vice and the benchpin! At times like this i wish my dad was still alive, and not blind like he was at the end, as he loved dabbling in carpentry and would have taken great joy in making a room up for me with a made to measure workbench. But sadly i lost him two years after my son.

I know things would be much easier to pick up and carry on with in there, instead of having to put everything back into the boxes each time i stop.
I have a little secondhand lap table with a light now which made things easier yesterday while working in the lounge, but as mum says, i am really too big for my boxes!!! #-o

julie
08-08-2009, 02:01 PM
the same thing happened to my asbestos substitute sheet, i never send anything back ... thought it was just my bad luck .. :'(

The Bijou Dragon
08-08-2009, 02:20 PM
Same thing happened to me too but I got in touch with them and they sent me a lovely new one which was awesome :)

Ya big nelleys, give them a call and get an un-broken one, they're really nice about everything!

bustagasket
08-08-2009, 02:49 PM
i expect when the post office threw it around they werent to know it was at the bottom and there was a vice in the which weighs a bit lol

Di Sandland
08-08-2009, 02:56 PM
Gonna make you green with envy now Su - number one son has finally vacated the premises! He moved out initially two years ago and I took over his room as an office for my writing. Then he came back.

Pleased as I was to see him, it meant having to move my office downstairs to the lounge, which I hated at first. But now I can keep my writing downstairs and turn his room into a workshop!

Keith will put back the shelves he took out of the wardrobes when Tom came home and without the pc and two screens (one for research the other for actually writing) the work bench is huge. I still have my workbench in the garage with the vice and everything from my woodturning days and that is where I'll solder and do chemical type stuff.

Thing is, now I have so much space it all feels wrong and all I've done today is put a (handmade) clasp on a necklace. :confused:

bustagasket
08-08-2009, 03:10 PM
Gonna make you green with envy now Su - number one son has finally vacated the premises! He moved out initially two years ago and I took over his room as an office for my writing. Then he came back.

Pleased as I was to see him, it meant having to move my office downstairs to the lounge, which I hated at first. But now I can keep my writing downstairs and turn his room into a workshop!

Keith will put back the shelves he took out of the wardrobes when Tom came home and without the pc and two screens (one for research the other for actually writing) the work bench is huge. I still have my workbench in the garage with the vice and everything from my woodturning days and that is where I'll solder and do chemical type stuff.

Thing is, now I have so much space it all feels wrong and all I've done today is put a (handmade) clasp on a necklace. :confused:

Do i smack you now? lol good on you hun! Welll that lovely empty crafting space is obviously crying out for you to buy some nice tooly bits to go on it heehee. I jut spoke to my some and reminded him that he was supposed to have come and cleared his room. He wants me to help with his first months insurance on his car (he passed his test this week) so i think clearing his room is a good deal heehee.

How long it takes him to get here and do it is another matter!

julie
08-08-2009, 03:18 PM
the posties are bad for throwing things around i ordered some borosilicate teardrops last week after seeing a bracelet in one of the recent jewellery mags the packaging wasn't great but one was broken they have agreed to let me return them tho as i ordered 25 needed to make the bracelet and only got 22 :'(

bustagasket
08-08-2009, 03:19 PM
aww can be very annoying when its handled badly :(

The Bijou Dragon
08-08-2009, 04:37 PM
The Royal Mail are <insert swear word here> you should have seen a parcel that turned up for my OH not too long ago...

http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa209/Cyberpaddy66/Brewing/th_S5006882Medium.jpg (http://s203.photobucket.com/albums/aa209/Cyberpaddy66/Brewing/?action=view&current=S5006882Medium.jpg)

We've also had three SIGNED FOR parcels shoved through the door NOT signed for. Parcels that take an entire month to get from London to North Wales and a parcel (my parents Christmas gift) get lost for 3 entire months then arrive back here with us telling us there was no one to sign for it when I KNOW my parents were in for the entire time around when we posted it.

The last Signed For parcel containing £38.00 worth of fine silver sheer arrived from Cooksons not so long ago and was just shoved through the door. Now, we live in a converted house and the hallway is communal so the thieving gits downstairs could have picked it up and kept it or I could have said it never arrived etc etc etc.

Royal Mail are a complete and utter joke and that's WHEN they aren't on strike :N::N::N:

I absolutely hate them!

I have absolutely no doubt that it was them that broke my Asbestos-a-like tile, no doubt at all!

Oh, incidentally... when my OH commented on the state of that box by saying "that's not a very good shape is it" the *ahem* 'person' who delivered it just grinned, shrugged and said "nah, ain't is it".

Luckily it was an all grain brewing kit and plastic tubes but even so...

*going off to cool down now, as they make my blood boil*

julie
08-08-2009, 05:18 PM
OMG that is shocking that box is badly beat up .. and not even a sorry no wonder you are fuming i send everything recorded as you never know if the person you are sending it to is going to actually get the post you send
and they have the cheek to strike cuz they aint happy ... :-()